Tips helped rescue abused dog

Full story: Newsday 87
Worldwide attention and a $20,000 reward from anonymous donors across the country led to the rescue of Red, the 6-month-old puppy whose owner, Derick Phanord, was arrested for dousing another of his dogs, ... Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
UPFRONT SUFFOLK

United States

#82 Jul 30, 2007
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3296...

I stumped on this article today. Very interesting that we see more articles are being written, and taken seriously by so many.
Thanks Jennifer Thompson for the enlightenedment.
Dariek from Brentwood, Michael Vick is now linked to this - and is being punished by the NFL, endorsements, etc.
(in this article above) Rapper Jay-Z has a pit bull snarling and lunging at the camera; a DVD titled "Hood Fights Volume 2, The Art of the Pit," shows several vicious pit bull fights, and rapper DMX has a toned pit bull gracing his CD cover.
There is a dog fighting problem in all states.(from Article)-Whether it be at highly organized events or at improvised encounters for 'street cred," the activity is growing nationwide and goes largely unpunished in Missouri and Kansas.
We need to shut these things down.
I DON'T KNOW HOW (I know know why - greed for money) but to sit there and watch helpless dogs (or any animal for sport) go at each other. You have to have a screw loose.
Vicki

Overland Park, KS

#83 Jul 31, 2007
I hope Pahnord dies a horrible death

“~*~ Megan Elizabeth~*~”

Since: Apr 07

Bay Shore / North Babylon

#84 Jul 31, 2007
Please Sign The fvollowing petition for Maximus ...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/find-maximus...
Sic-em

AOL

#85 Jul 31, 2007
Seems this less than human has also been charged with unlawful posession of a firearm and as an unlicensed driver. His bail was set at $50,000.00 (not posted as of July 24) and his next court date is pending.

Appears his attorney is court appointed, as he went into court "Pro-Se", so we the taxpayers are footing his legal bill,($75.00-$100.00 per hour.

Let's hope we get our money's worth and this creep gets put away for the max!
Vivienne

AOL

#86 Jul 31, 2007
Anna wrote:
<quoted text>
I did give, but it wasnt toward the reward. The day I wen t on to give to help with Maximus care, it said in memory of Maximus. Thats how I found out he passed. But I gave so that they can continue their honorable work. What if the Npsca or Spsca or these vets werent there to give their services. The Aspca would have just put him down. These orgs are there to help save these animals and they need our help too.
Yes, I also gave to the Veternary Medical Center of Long Island for Maximus's care. I wish I was rich, it's so frustrating to not be able to make a huge difference.
Vivienne

AOL

#87 Jul 31, 2007
Ray wrote:
Am I reading correctly? Did no one call until a reward was offered?
That is correct. They all waited until the decent people in this world had offered as much as they could. Disgusting, but it's the only way to make them talk.
celine

Orlando, FL

#88 Jan 15, 2014
It always saddens me to see animal abuse! First of all when you save an abused dog, you need to take it to a professional animal medical center to get treated with everything that it needs. They need love after that, but you need to give it slowly at first so they trust you unlike their old owners.
Celine | http://www.stlouisanimalemergencyclinic.org/s...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr AN NFL FAN 119,620
10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown dr... (Nov '08) Dec 15 Streetrunner 153
Old-Portion-Road-1891 (Apr '09) Dec 12 John 6
SCCC Destruction of Nature (Dec '12) Dec 10 No public input 8
Aunt paroled in 1983 murder of niece, 5, in NY (May '09) Dec 7 Justice for Sherrie 14
Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Dec 5 vene 73
Horse Dead Fam (Jul '13) Dec 5 jenny T 76

Selden News Video

Selden Dating
Find my Match

Selden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Selden News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Selden

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:29 pm PST

NBC Sports12:29PM
Giants safety Rolle not listening to the critics - NBC Sports
ESPN12:35 PM
Rolle wants to finish his career with Giants
ESPN 2:28 PM
Revis: Rex's shaky status with Jets is 'sad'
Bleacher Report 3:02 PM
Michael Vick Reportedly Has Paid off Almost Entire $17.8M Debt Owed to Creditors
NBC Sports 4:27 PM
Revis heads back to MetLife Stadium as Jets' enemy - NBC Sports