Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Apr 20, 2014
resident

Bronx, NY

#1 Oct 23, 2009
I find it amazing that we can get Verizon's Fios (internet and Telephone) but we can not get the TV service. Seems the Town Govenrment will not sign off on it. It amazes me that in a town where we put up 250 individual speed limit signs that get Ignored and Now we have these Fance Street signs and how the mayors office touts how much of a family community we are they refuse to allow us to have OUR choice for service. I guess they forget they work for us and I personally will remember this on election day. How Does denying us the right to choose make our community better?
Joe

Farmingville, NY

#2 Apr 20, 2014
Heres the problem on Long Island. Cablevision has the only internet service on the island and for just the internet and phone they want $91 per month . Add the Netflix in and you are back up to what cable gets for internet and tv packages. If there was a competitor here they would drop prices but there isn't . For some reason Fios stopped building out here. When you call Fios (Verizon) they say its because they can't get permits , you call the town of Brookhaven and they say its Verizons choice and you call cable and they say they have nothing to do with it. I think Cablevision is blocking competition but try and prove it. Someone is getting a payoff or they have deals to divide the county up and are paying the polices to not go after them . Meanwhile Cable companies and the others have a stranglehold on competition and pricing. You should do a little more research before you make claims of vast savings because in the NY area it aint gonna happen with Netflix or Amazon because these cable guys just raise the price of internet service and you can't run Netflix without the internet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Selden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 33 min Lol 16,781
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 41 min JUDEletePete 117,969
Public School 74 (Feb '14) 23 hr Jayar 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Slime Bags (May '12) Wed Busted 9
Ground Spraying for West Nile in Rocky Point Se... Wed Erin 1
Why hasn't CHRIS PARSLEY been arrested? (Feb '13) Aug 26 Billy Troel 6
•••

Rip Current Statement for Suffolk County was issued at August 29 at 11:50AM EDT

•••

Selden News Video

•••
•••

Selden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000