Mother Killed in Hit and Run Accident...

Mother Killed in Hit and Run Accident Will be Laid to Rest

There are 3 comments on the WPRI story from Oct 19, 2007, titled Mother Killed in Hit and Run Accident Will be Laid to Rest. In it, WPRI reports that:

A local mother killed in front of her little daughter is being laid to rest this morning. via WPRI

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI.

Sharon Ellery

Warwick, RI

#1 Oct 21, 2007
Hi, I am the woman on Channel 12 who lost her mother 32 years ago. I was a sub. teacher in Seekonk four years ago and I think her children were in my classes. I am sad because it is so strange to have it happen again. I know that the police have much more information to work with to find this person who has decided like the kid that hit my mom to hide. I hope the police find him or her soon.
kim

Waterbury, CT

#2 Oct 23, 2007
I'm terribly sorry for your loss and outraged that someone could actually drive away after such a horrific incident. I think what astounds me even more though is that, even if the person panicked and left he/she has not come forward yet! I has been weeks, how on earth can someone go on day after day knowing what misery they have caused and knowing that the family might find some degree of peace if they just came forward, yet they still remain in hiding...it's outrageous!
Did they ever find the driver responsible for your mom's death? I didn't catch the story on channel 12 but I gather from your post that you, sadly, experienced something similar to this terrible incident. I hope you have found some peace.
Sharon Ellery wrote:
Hi, I am the woman on Channel 12 who lost her mother 32 years ago. I was a sub. teacher in Seekonk four years ago and I think her children were in my classes. I am sad because it is so strange to have it happen again. I know that the police have much more information to work with to find this person who has decided like the kid that hit my mom to hide. I hope the police find him or her soon.
Michele

Seekonk, MA

#3 Oct 27, 2007
My heart goes out to the family as well. I just want to hold those children in my arms. I cannot ever imagine how the little girl is dealing with the images of this horrific tragedy. I just dont understand how the person responsible for this has not turned themself in to the police department. I feel guilt when I go over the speed limit on Chestnut St never mind being the driver that did this to those poor children and the family. May she rest in peace and stand beside god watching over her loving family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seekonk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - East Providence/Seekonk (Apr '15) Aug '17 Kathy P 69
Attleboro Residential Noise Ordinance proposal (Sep '08) Jun '17 Donna smith 7
Aaron Hernandez (Jun '13) Apr '17 Buh bye punk 4
Blizzard Warning for Bristol County starting F... (Feb '17) Feb '17 travler 1
Strange Helicopters in south attleboro (May '15) Oct '16 littlenat 2
News Safe Stolen In Super Bowl Ring Heist Found (Apr '09) May '16 Patrick 11
News Bargain hunters flock to auction at Fall River ... (May '16) May '16 Gina 1

Seekonk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seekonk Mortgages