Stop & Shop taking over Seekonk's Gra...

Stop & Shop taking over Seekonk's Grand Union

There are 5 comments on the Sun Chronicle story from Nov 11, 2008, titled Stop & Shop taking over Seekonk's Grand Union. In it, Sun Chronicle reports that:

Stop & Shop is gobbling up the Ro-Jack's Food Stores in Baker's Corner, according to published reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sun Chronicle.

Ron

Westerly, RI

#1 Nov 12, 2008
That's a shame. It's getting to the point that really don't really have choice on where to shop for food anymore. I like the Ro-Jacks in Seekonk. It's never that busy and it's small. Quite the disappointment!
Skeptic

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2008
Wait till super stop and shop goes in, the traffic jams will extend both directions, this area is just not fit to live in anymore.

There needs to be development moratoriums, along with new housing moratoriums. They need to hold things at this level. The more crowded it becomes, the less likely people will want to stay here.
Ron

Westerly, RI

#3 Dec 1, 2008
It's a nice area and this store will just create too much traffic.
Dennis

Provincetown, MA

#4 Dec 8, 2008
Wow!!

The fact that provinctown residents my be able to have a better shopping experiance in the off season means very litle to the summer tourists that call this wonderfull town their own for two months of the year!
The parking lot for the new stop & shop will not be any bigger and will offer the same amount the of parking spots for summer tourists to shop!!

I myself am very happy that a high quality company like Stop& Shop has chosen to open in this very seasonal atmosphere!!
Nick from seekonk

Swansea, MA

#5 Jan 31, 2009
You guys don't live up near there, but if you haven't noticed the traffic is already horrible at that corner anyway.
Not to mention Shaws has supermarkets in both directions, towards route 1 and up 152.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seekonk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - East Providence/Seekonk (Apr '15) 22 hr Laura 51
News Bargain hunters flock to auction at Fall River ... May 4 Gina 1
News Lykus denied bail (Jun '06) Apr '16 StanKnew 32
News 508-Dentist Makes Shots Pain Free with DentalVi... (Sep '15) Dec '15 roseibarry 2
Review: My Perfect Dental Attleboro (Oct '15) Oct '15 Andrew 1
Strange Helicopters in south attleboro (May '15) May '15 attleboro guy 1
Heroin (Nov '14) May '15 nobodyfresh 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seekonk Mortgages