Man charged with OUI in 195 crash death

Man charged with OUI in 195 crash death

There are 15 comments on the WPRI Providence and Rhode Island story from Jan 10, 2009, titled Man charged with OUI in 195 crash death. In it, WPRI Providence and Rhode Island reports that:

A West Warwick woman was killed early Saturday morning when police say a Little Compton man's truck hit her car from behind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPRI Providence and Rhode Island.

Anthony C

Providence, RI

#1 Jan 11, 2009
I knew a few people that spent time living in Sweden and they said that it is a mandatory one year jail sentence, no excuses, for a first offense drunk driving. Sweden made it clear, drive drunk and your going away for one year and its working. Their drunk driving has gone way down

Since: Dec 08

USA

#2 Jan 11, 2009
something HAS to change.....thats for sure..
David Roberts

Taunton, MA

#3 Jan 14, 2009
I still wonder why she stopped in the high speed lane and didn`t have any lights on? Now what was she doing going away from west warick in the opposit direction at 2:45 in the morning. Also did they check her for alcohol to see if she was dui. These are some questions that need some answers.
Cadaz

East Providence, RI

#4 Jan 14, 2009
never will know those answers david
Sarah K

Milford, MI

#5 Jan 14, 2009
Don't they have to give her an autopsy? If she was drunk or imparied will that matter for Roger? I don't think it will. I think they may want to make an example of him. They aren't going to drag this girl's name through the mud if she had some issues that night. At the most they may lower one of his charges.
joe davis

Providence, RI

#6 Jan 14, 2009
i cant believe these insane comments by you enablers of roger west.there is not one report of her stopped with her lights off in the high speed lane.yeah sure that sounds like a great defense for this drunk killer.you really should wonder why your loser friend roger was driving so drunk that he rear ended an innocent person and killed that person.
Cadaz

East Providence, RI

#7 Jan 14, 2009
probally wont do an autopsy if they do then no one will know. depending on who she is and who the family knows, we'll never know.
Sarah K

Milford, MI

#8 Jan 15, 2009
You know what Joe, Roger is my family and he is someone's brother, son, uncle, cousin, nephew .... and he doesn't deserve your smug ass on here.
Cadaz

East Providence, RI

#9 Jan 15, 2009
If i remember correctly it was on the news that her lights were OFF STOPPED IN THE HIGHSPEED LANE. Sarah dont listen to him. he does this to everyone.
lynn

Providence, RI

#10 Jan 15, 2009
sarah although i dont comment often i read alot of the post on here.you really are going overboard with your defense of your relative you should let the court system run its course.if the charges prove false he will be vindicated. but if they prove to be true he should get punished to the full extent of the law dont make up excuses for him it makes you look insensitive to this dead girl and her family and frankly i find it insulting
Cadaz

East Providence, RI

#11 Jan 16, 2009
its sad this happen but the question everyone has and probally wont get an answer to is, why did she stop with no lites on, in the high speed lane. BUT according to the news other cars seen her and went around her. why didnt they stop to help her?
Sarah K

Milford, MI

#12 Jan 16, 2009
Dear lynn,

I don't think you have read my posts. Roger made some very bad choices, however I was defending him against all the name calling that was being posted by another member. His post have been taken off. Please don't misunderstand me or my position. The families involved are both going through differents kinds of hell.
Cadaz

East Providence, RI

#13 Jan 16, 2009
Sarah, I wish the best for Roger and RIP to the girl

Since: Dec 08

USA

#14 Jan 19, 2009
it is possible that something electrical made the car quit in the hammer lane, and that is perfectly legal, other than extremely dangerous...
NEVERTHELESS, if the guy that rear-ended her was under the influence none of her reasons for being in the hammer lane without lights, matter. it is, however very sad for BOTH familys. Yes Drunk driving angers me too, and I have lost loved ones to DD. It is very sad and hopefully there will be continued sucess in lowering the drunk driving statistics by educating people. Those that dont learn need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law
TivertonMan

Providence, RI

#15 Jan 19, 2009
Maybe the car broke down and had an electrical failure. God forbid anything should happen to your car in a similar situation. It is entirely possible even someone not impaired could have hit her, but the fact is he was impaired. It doesn't help matters. I drive 195 to work at night all the time and people blow past you at 100MPH like they are in such a scary important hurry. This time of year with all the black ice it is DUMB.

As far as the other stuff, who cares what she was doing out that late? He was out late heading away from Little Compton. Just ridiculous. That's like blaming a woman for being raped because she was out late and dressed nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seekonk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - East Providence/Seekonk (Apr '15) Jun 10 TraceyParece 54
News Safe Stolen In Super Bowl Ring Heist Found (Apr '09) May 31 Patrick 11
News Bargain hunters flock to auction at Fall River ... May '16 Gina 1
News Lykus denied bail (Jun '06) Apr '16 StanKnew 32
News 508-Dentist Makes Shots Pain Free with DentalVi... (Sep '15) Dec '15 roseibarry 2
Review: My Perfect Dental Attleboro (Oct '15) Oct '15 Andrew 1
Heroin (Nov '14) May '15 nobodyfresh 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seekonk Mortgages