A Fading Aura For Arizona's Spiritual...

A Fading Aura For Arizona's Spiritual Tourism

There are 7 comments on the WGBH-TV Allston story from Feb 16, 2011, titled A Fading Aura For Arizona's Spiritual Tourism. In it, WGBH-TV Allston reports that:

A self-help guru goes on trial this week for manslaughter after three people died during an event he hosted at a sweat lodge near Sedona, Ariz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGBH-TV Allston.

Michael

Orland Park, IL

#1 Feb 16, 2011
I heard this story on NPR this morning. Hopefully people can and will differentiate between genuine spiritualists and people just looking to prey on people who are looking for true guidance. Sedona is a wonderful place to connect with nature and oneself, hopefully they will not lose the vital tourism that is needed. Besides, Sedona is a great place for hiking, let's reach out to hikers and make Sedona a must visit for them! Biking too! I love Sedona and we're there 2-3 times a year. Please spread the word that Sedona is a great place to visit!

Rico from East LA

“But it's so Racist”

Since: Mar 10

United States

#2 Feb 16, 2011
Arizona is a horrible State and is proof that white nationalism ruins a region.
racer42

Hayward, CA

#3 Feb 16, 2011
Rico from East LA wrote:
Your ignorance is only exceeded by your stupidity but will never be challenged by your single digit IQ
Less Crowds

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Feb 16, 2011
Best things to do around Arizona this weekend

http://www.azcentral.com/travel/articles/2011...
Michael

Orland Park, IL

#5 Feb 16, 2011
Rico from East LA wrote:
Quite an ignorant response. Condemning an entire state based on a portion of his population is tantamount to racism, prejudice, and stereotyping, all the things that you probably purport being against. Well, congratulations, because you have just made yourself sound like a fool. I can't judge an entire state's population, but I can judge your response, and it is reckless ignorance. Perhaps you should think about what you are saying before saying it. The only statement you are making is that you are no different than those you are attempting to criticize. There are many good people in Arizona, and it is a beautiful state worth every effort to debate about before writing it off. Get a clue!

Since: Jan 11

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Feb 17, 2011
Rico from East LA wrote:
Let me see ese, Your view of my state is that of one who has spent time in the joint?, or is uneducated?, because it's very ignorant statement you've made. Arizona is my great native state. In my 53 years of living here, I have never felt nor seen anything racial. My state is very diverse, the further south you travel in Arizona, the more flavorful it gets, comprende?. Iím a backer of SB1070, because my state is being run over with drugs and human trafficking. Itís got nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with protecting my familia. BTW, if you haven't noticed by now, I'm Mehecano-Americano and proud to be an Arizonan.

Since: Sep 10

Cottonwood, AZ

#7 Feb 21, 2011
Well Thank God! Maybe this will clean up the "Earth Muffin,Mother-ship,Vortex freaks" problem from our beautiful area. People will come here to once again enjoy all the natural beauty, and history this part of our state has without having to tolerate the weird O's out to make a quick buck from naive people who believe created cults, by the Jim Jones type! Too much koolaide drinking going around for me there.

I am with you Mayans MC,great input on your part! I am also a backer of SB1070, a native Arizonan, and proud of my state,it does need cleaned up from the drug,and human trafficking and to be protected by law! My husbands family homesteaded Sedona he is your same age and a third generation Arizonan. I too am proud to be an Arizonan!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sedona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sedona has the WORST Music Scene in Arizona! (Jul '13) Thu Chris Spheeris 4
What Ever Happened to Steve DeVol? Jul 19 Hippie Chick 1
Cottonwood Arizona is a pathetic joke ! (Oct '08) Jul 17 Vivian 49
Considering relocating to Sedona..what's it lik... (Dec '08) Jun 27 Dean Haskins 268
Review: University Of Sedona (Mar '10) Jun '17 Texas Nurse 24
Barbara Marciniak destroyed the world with Plei... May '17 NEW AGE AUTHORS 1
internet providers Mar '17 Andrea 1

Sedona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sedona Mortgages