First Prev
of 3
Next Last
crqnewport

Mesa, AZ

#41 Jul 27, 2012
Tea Bag showing his ignorance once again. Nice work!

If you look at the recent crime in Cottonwood. Bath Salt raids, Hydrocone Death, Drunk Drive. They are all on Topix too.

But I noticed a common denominator they were Caucasian and from USA. Not illegals like you claim. Get your facts straight.

Plus go walk Wal-Mart and look around. Scary, white trash, moo moo wearing, toothless, redneck, slobs.

Down with the Tea Party! They lie and spread fear to masses. Don't buy into the propaganda.
Daughter of the VV

Camas, WA

#42 May 2, 2013
Troubled Youth wrote:
Both of you have a valid point. I have seen it all for myself.
It costs us(tax payers)$40,000 a year to house an inmate at C.V. If we had a program to help educate the youth of the V.V., many of them wouldn't have grown up to be meth heads living at the grey bar hotel on our dime. The Boys and Girls Club has tried to bring education and programs to Cottonwood in an attempt to change exactly what you're referring to. Problem is that the Cottonwood Community won't support the Clubs cause, resulting in Club closure and 100+ kids standing in front of Fry's and Safeway, Shoplifting and other things, leaving themselves open to be influenced by the Meth Heads, Pot Heads and Alcoholics that live in Cottonwood. Remember the article regarding Home Depot and how many applicants Failed the Drug Test? Jobs were provided then and look who showed up to go to work, Stoners!
We, the residents of the V.V., are a product of our own society. If you want to bitch at someone we should first do it in the mirror, the reaction from that person in the mirror is the same you should expect on the street from a stranger.
Being that I was born in Cottonwood and both sides of my family are originally from Cottonwood, I am very thankful to see posts like the above.

I grew up in Phoenix and visited the Verde Valley often. I always looked at it as Paradise when I was little. Unlimited walks, beautiful creeks and rivers. Fun to be had everywhere.
When I returned to try to live in the Verde Valley as an adult, I fell right into the meth world. Everyone that I was around was doing it. It wasn't until I really looked into a mirror that it wasn't the VV that caused this. It was me, only me. I had a choice and I chose meth over all of the other beautiful things that the Valley provided for me.

Now that I am 10+ yrs clean from meth, I can honestly say that it was never anything that the Valley did to make me fall into such a life altering drug. It wasn't until I started fixing myself that I realized that the damage lived inside of me.

Now, I want to get back to the beautiful town I grew up with and share the wonderful things it has to offer with my children. Me being a Real Role Model and showing them how to find it rather than leaving it up to the town! The clubs that used to be places where the kids could have fun are no longer provided. I agree with the above post in the fact that we owe it to these children to change what is offered. Let's not wait to see if they become one of the statistics stated in earlier posts.

Rodeos, carnivals, public block parties, activities for families and separate healthy activities that teens would enjoy.. skate parks! What happened to the roller rink and the bowling alley...???
Cottonwood sucks

United States

#44 Jun 21, 2013
I mean I guess its ok if you want to live in a giant rest home with street lights. And a cop in every dark corner waiting to get someone for speeding.
Its a dead-end town for people to live out their retirement. Nothing more.
Lori

Big Rapids, MI

#46 Sep 4, 2014
I've read all the commets. Cottonwood sounds like any other town that has the wrong people running it and no one wants to run against them. Keep everthing the same. Just sit back and complain. Much easier. NOT! Get off your duffs and do something. Make yourselves proud. Make it a town where people would love to come to live and maybe start a business. I was thinking of moving there in the spring and opening a business. You're all too much like whining kids that didn't get what they wanted and won't fight for it. I was taught, you want something, go after it and get it. Stop the whinning. Ya'll need to grow up.
Lori
Methothelioma

Tampa, FL

#47 Oct 27, 2014
Laughing anr crying.

Well, its 2014 and it hasn't changed. I livecat the end of meth alley. My neighbor is a 67 year old meth dealer. Who moved down the street to after w girl oded in his home. No worries he had a new freeloading couple to sell the shit for him. I cant get out while customers block my driveway. "Shop smart! Shop Meth Mart!", Was your dealer curtious? Did they weigh your bag properly? Have a high day.😀
They dont like me very much. I do find humor in meth heads. I wake up hearing, "bang....shhhh...she'll hear us!". So, I peek out the window to see em sneeking around your property. Whats funny is they seemed to get distracted from thier mission due to dropping thier bag or pipe. The word, "fuck!", is usually the confirmation to my assumption.
This is when I try to stop laughing and go back to bed. But trust me it aint always funny. These people are sick puppies. Who think they are bad ass mo fo's. That think your crazy. You would not believe what these addicts actually do to you thinking they will scare you out of your place. And for what? Ta get yur stuff.
Statisticaly speaking would you really want to be a cop in cottonwood?
We are all responsible for this epidemic that leads to corruption. But how do you change it without war?

Good Luck. And may the force be with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sedona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elvis Presley in Old Town Cottonwood Arizona Fri avonbyjewell 1
Heather Dolly Bible / Rogers Dec 5 llw39 1
Earthquake Felt In Area Dec 5 Sedona and Flagstaff 1
Taco Bell/KFC Closed in Sedona! (Oct '11) Dec 3 Reality Check 21
Considering relocating to Sedona..what's it lik... (Dec '08) Dec 3 roxfoxmusic 239
Pulsic sucks Nov '14 Polski 14
Panhandlers at Fry's are Scammers!! Nov '14 Larry 1
Sedona Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sedona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sedona News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sedona

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News