Deputy takes his own life - Julesburg Advocate

There are 8 comments on the Julesburg Advocate story from Jun 27, 2012, titled Deputy takes his own life - Julesburg Advocate. In it, Julesburg Advocate reports that:

Newly hired Sedgwick County Sheriff's deputy, Joshua Didway was found dead in his apartment early Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Julesburg Advocate.

Dwight Lakey

Barre, VT

#1 Jun 27, 2012
We met Josh while in Julesburg this May. My father, Dean, made a number of ambulance runs and Josh was involved as an EMT and in his capacity as Deputy. He made such a fine impression on us as a compassionate, sensitive and professional young man. We got to know him, some, after those experiences and my heart aches to read the news of his passing. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this time. I'm sure that the Julesburg community will go out of its way to ease their loss in any way possible. God bless his loved ones and God bless Josh.
Tracy Young

Fort Morgan, CO

#2 Jun 27, 2012
My deepest most heartfelt condolences to all at the Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office. As well as the entire county of Sedgwick, and to officer Josh Didway's family and friends. Such a tragic loss to such a young man. Thoughts and prayers to us all during such a very grim time. May God Bless all affected by this unfortunate circumstance.
A friend

Atwater, CA

#3 Jun 28, 2012
josh you will be missed.I cant believe how this happened we had just talked days before and everything seemed ok. I will miss our converations and how you always had a smile even in the worst of situations.You made us all proud leaving cali and going for your dream in colorado that took courage most of us wouldnt have. I know in heaven your talking gods ear off about some heavenly penal code or some emt type stuff. I miss you "kung fu panda" your friend "A".
Scott Lindstrom

Upland, CA

#4 Jul 27, 2012
Josh and I go way back to the beginning as a EMT way back in Lancaster California. We got our EMT together. He always wanted to be a officer in some capacity and reached his goal (most of us never do). We worked together as a EMT for this little amblulance company... had some great times. I can say that I was there for the beginning of his career path. In a past conversation we had he expressed that he was "happy" and indicated that he was positive and hopeful. I remembering telling him how proud I was of his accomplishments and that he "made it" we said our good byes and then I receive this news. I simply wish to say this...
When you are at your darkest days and you feel like another day is going to be more painful then the next, please reach out... I have felt that way (I am sure all of us have) but remember you have people that honestly care about you and that you are not just a number but a wonderfully created human being that impacts eveyone and everything you come into contact with. Hopefully that did not sound like a line from some bad screenplay. You leave your mark on this world and people on a small and large scale. You do leave
an imprint when your here and you leave a void when your gone. Josh you did leave a imprint on me and I will remember you. I wish we could meet up in some dive bar later on down the road so we can swap stories of the "good ol days". I myself and others will miss you and I never imagined that I would be here writing this... I will miss you and so will everyone's life you touched. My prayers are with the family, his co-workers and friends who carry on.
Member of the community

Westcliffe, CO

#5 Jul 27, 2012
I find it sad that this young man was so depressed and dissapointed in our community that this could happen. He started a new job in the field he wanted. Very few members of this county got to meet him. It says alot about a community when a new member of the sheriffs office gets so little attention. No one I talked to had even knew his name or where he was from. Maybe we should be a little asshamed of ourselves. We did not welcome or befriend this young man. Now its too late. I hope the next one works out a little better than the ones that have passed through
Emily Shelley

Adelanto, CA

#6 Sep 26, 2012
I was his half-sister. I met him once, but I don't think he had a chance to fully understand the truth of who I was before he died. His father's name is Khamsay Khamsay. I'm not sure who his mother is. His "traditionally recognized" half-brother is Sam Thavisay Khamsay and Linda Thavisay Khamsay. I'm heart-broken that he died so recently without me ever getting to talk to him again, and a suicide no less. Since we were both "illegitimate" children, we had a lot in common and I think we could have had a bond. My sincerest apologies go out to his friends and family(all of them).
His other mother

Modesto, CA

#7 Nov 7, 2012
Recently,I have been thinking about what I could have done. Josh was a part of my family from the day I met him and always will be. I incorrectly assumed that he was doing fine with this new life he had started. If I had it to do over, I would call him everyday and tell him how much he meant to me. So the message: If you love someone tell them every day because you never know what tomorrow will bring. This world was a better place while you were in it Josh. My heart is broken and I pray you have found the loving family you wanted so badly in heaven. I will never forget you.
Daphne Madaus

Cottage Grove, WI

#8 Dec 14, 2012
I remember the good ol times back at that lil ol ambulance co.:o) Esp all the pranks yawl would pull. HEHEHE....Just came across this as I was just thinking bout Josh and how much he had accomplished after getting out of Cali. I really hope that he was able to finally bring closer to the "demons" that haunted him. Im sending thoughts and prayers to everyone that knew him and that was affected by his infectious smile. I am still grateful everyday that he helped me get into the military to get away from Lancaster. not sure what else to say other than I am going to miss the hell outta Josh and his krazy ways. I will never 4get the great times we all had in that lil office, or Josh's cars that ALWAYS broke down, or that he was always there when I needed a shoulder even after coming home from deployments a changed person.
Scott Lindstrom wrote:
Josh and I go way back to the beginning as a EMT way back in Lancaster California. We got our EMT together. He always wanted to be a officer in some capacity and reached his goal (most of us never do). We worked together as a EMT for this little amblulance company... had some great times. I can say that I was there for the beginning of his career path. In a past conversation we had he expressed that he was "happy" and indicated that he was positive and hopeful. I remembering telling him how proud I was of his accomplishments and that he "made it" we said our good byes and then I receive this news. I simply wish to say this...
When you are at your darkest days and you feel like another day is going to be more painful then the next, please reach out... I have felt that way (I am sure all of us have) but remember you have people that honestly care about you and that you are not just a number but a wonderfully created human being that impacts eveyone and everything you come into contact with. Hopefully that did not sound like a line from some bad screenplay. You leave your mark on this world and people on a small and large scale. You do leave
an imprint when your here and you leave a void when your gone. Josh you did leave a imprint on me and I will remember you. I wish we could meet up in some dive bar later on down the road so we can swap stories of the "good ol days". I myself and others will miss you and I never imagined that I would be here writing this... I will miss you and so will everyone's life you touched. My prayers are with the family, his co-workers and friends who carry on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sedgwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Motor vehicle information Apr '15 jordennancy23 1
News Carlson's New Thriller Reflects Reality Feb '15 LanaKerkMcCoy-Dou... 1
News NE Colorado Pharmacies to Sell Feb '15 yeah right 1
News Fatal house fire hits Julesburg (Jun '14) Jun '14 Concerned Citizen 1
Sedgwick community safety (Jan '14) Jan '14 RDWebber14 1
News Letter to the Editor - Mike McKinley - Julesbur... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Predictor 1
News Sheriff and town come face-to-face - Julesburg ... (Feb '11) Feb '12 EL Aleg 9
More from around the web

Sedgwick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]