fireworks in sedan
J Waller

United States

#1 Jun 21, 2011
Due to many generous donations from the community, businesses and orginazitions, Sedan will have a professional fireworks display, Sunday July 3rd at the Sedan Old City Lake. Donations will still be accepted for next years display. Please spread the word!!! If you would like to make a donation, there has been an account set up at 1st National Bank in Sedan, named Sedan Fireworks Fund. Bring the entire family, this will be a great show!!!!
sedan resident

United States

#2 Jun 21, 2011
finally someone getting out there & getting something done. Now what about the swimming pool?
Mother of Kids

Peru, KS

#3 Jun 21, 2011
The swimming pool is almost fixed and they will be opening on, I believe, July 1st.
Happy

Wichita, KS

#4 Jun 21, 2011
Thanks for letting us know J! And for all the work you do for Sedan!!!
J Waller

Wichita, KS

#5 Jun 22, 2011
I enjoy doing what I can for Sedan.
Remember everyone, donations are still being accepted and donations will be requested at the gate the night of the show. Please support this venture and donate, so this tradition can continue!!!!!!
J Waller

Austin, TX

#6 Jun 27, 2011
Don't forget, we are still accepting donations for Sedan Fireworks show, which will be held July 3rd at dusk at the Old Sedan City lake. This will be a professional fireworks team this year and should be a wonderful show.
If you have not been able to donate, don't worry, donations will be accepted at the gate. Please donate and we will have this type of show next year.
waitress

Peru, KS

#7 Jun 27, 2011
J Waller wrote:
Don't forget, we are still accepting donations for Sedan Fireworks show, which will be held July 3rd at dusk at the Old Sedan City lake. This will be a professional fireworks team this year and should be a wonderful show.
If you have not been able to donate, don't worry, donations will be accepted at the gate. Please donate and we will have this type of show next year.
wow J. Since the chamber is broke you sure don't mind spending money. Do you?
waitress

Peru, KS

#8 Jun 27, 2011
sedan resident wrote:
finally someone getting out there & getting something done. Now what about the swimming pool?
There has been a lot of people that have given so much to do for Sedan. Don't put J on a pedastal.
Lance Farrice

United States

#9 Jun 27, 2011
Thank you J for all you are doing and please do not let peoples negative remarks stop you from promoting our town and its activities. There are many people around Sedan doing positive things please everyone mention them on here so we can celebrate our town.
J Waller

Austin, TX

#10 Jun 27, 2011
I would like to reply to "Waitress"
1st: Did you not read the 1st post, stating that, "Due to many generous donations from the community, businesses and orginazitions, Sedan will have a professional fireworks display"? The Chamber did donate $100.00 to the fund, in fact, my husband and I have given to the fund.
2nd: The Chamber has been able to provide a $500.00 scholarship to a 2011 graduating Senior this year, which has never been done in the past. We have been able to keep the Chamber out of the red for the past 2 years. If you would like to examine the spreadsheet for the checking and savings accounts, I would like to invite you to the next Chamber meeting and receive a copy of it. It is presented to the general meeting each and every month.
3rd: I am not assisting the Lion's Club with the fireworks show in order to "Be placed on a PEDESTAL", I just know that once something is not done for 2 years in a row, it will never happen again, and not celebrating our freedom in Sedan is totally uncalled for.
4th: If you are who I think you are, you are just making comments out of meaness and you really shouldn't be calling yourself a waitress, as you have no job.
5th: You do not bother me at all and you need to grow up!!!
6th: I totally agree with Lance, there are many people who are promoting and doing positive things in and for Sedan. And, just as many people, like yourself who are ready to rip them apart for doing something for others and not just themselves.
7th: I am here and I'm not going away and you had better learn to deal with it. I will continue to support and help Sedan in anyway I feel I can help!!
J. Waller, President of the Sedan Area Chamber of Comerce.
Happy

United States

#11 Jun 27, 2011
Go J!
J Waller

Austin, TX

#12 Jun 28, 2011
The fireworks show will be July 3rd at dusk at the Old Sedan City Lake. It is going to be wonderful. We all appreceriate what the Lion's Club has done in the past, but with all of the permints and certifications the State of Kansas has put on fireworks displays for safety reasons, we felt it would be best to leave it to the professionals.

>> Everyone is welcome to come out, give a donation and spend some quality time with families, friends and neighbors. There will be safety crews there, so we are also inviting everyone to bring their own fireworks and share with the crowd. Celebrating our Nations Birthday and our Freedom is very important and the tradition should be continued in Sedan.

>> We thank you and everyone who has donated to this cause and we hope to be able to continue this type of celebration in the future.
waitress

Peru, KS

#13 Jun 29, 2011
TO Ms. Waller: Excuse me, if you don't know what you are talking about then you need to shut your mouth. I have a job and have worked since I was a teen. I have always worked and taken care of myself and my family. I have also in the past years, (when I lived in Sedan) helped with several different organizations and volunteer work in Sedan. There has ALWAYS been a lot of people trying to help Sedan. NOT just your last 2 years as Pres. of COC. So before you get on a High and Mighty wagon, you need to know what you are talking about. I am sorry that I do not live in Sedan any longer. Work and finances has taken me elsewhere. So good for you to PERSONALLY donate to the fund. Thanks to ALL of the others, who for years donated of their time and money for the display. Thanks to those of us who use to donate at the gate for a night of fun. Thanks to EVERYONE ELSE that is ALSO working to see this happen.
J Waller

Austin, TX

#14 Jun 29, 2011
To "Waitress" AKA JAB.
Thank you for your support and your praise for everyone who has contributed to the fireworks show. And thank you for your support in the past, we are always looking for additional volunteers and would welcome your support to any of the activities going on in Sedan.
I was asked by the Lion's Club to assist with securing the funds for a professional fireworks display this year and with the help of Bruce Sell, we were able to get the funding from many citizens, organizations and businesses.
It takes many people to volunteer and support a community and the city activities, no one person could do it by themselves.
If you knew me at all, you would know that I am not doing any of this for personal gains. I just want to see Sedan celebrate our Nations Birthday and our freedom. I invite you to attend this years show, as I have been told it will be a very good show. Stay save and have a great July 4th weekend.
J Waller

Wichita, KS

#15 Jul 5, 2011
I would like to thank everyone who donated to the Sedan Fireworks. It was a wonderful show and from what I could hear from the crowd, everyone really enjoyed it. I want to thank the volunteer fire department for being there to put out the fire. If you have any comments you would like to share with either myself or with others, please feel free to do so on this page.
Continue to donate to the Sedan Fireworks Fund at the 1st National Bank, or bring it to me at 113 W. Main and we'll be able to do it again next year.
Uhls

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Jul 6, 2011
Good Job J. Keep up the good work.
JAB

Peru, KS

#17 Jul 13, 2011
Hello J. Sorry I have been missing all of this crap of yours. I have not even had the computer on in about a month. I have had things to do. I don't spend my every day thinking about you but, looks like you think of me. Thanks!! Sorry to dissapoint you though it was not me. Sorry I cant take credit. Have a good day.
J Waller

United States

#18 Jul 14, 2011
WHATEVER JULIE!!!
AtoZ

United States

#21 Aug 9, 2011
The fireworks were AWESOME this year!! Hopefully we can have the same team come next year. My family and friends all really enjoyed it and we want to thank everyone who helped make it happen!!
SheRa Bellafonte

Höst, Germany

#22 Apr 2, 2012
IN days of yore and in times and tides long gone before, there dwelt in a certain town of Persia two brothers, one named Kasim and the other Ali Baba, who at their father's demise had divided the little wealth he had left to them with equitable division, and had lost no time in wasting and spending it all. The elder, however, presently took to himself a wife, the daughter of an opulent merchant, so that when his father-in-law fared to the mercy of Almighty Allah, he became owner of a large shop filled with rare goods and costly wares and of a storehouse stocked with precious stuffs, likewise of much gold that was buried in the ground. Thus was he known throughout the city as a substantial man. But the woman whom Ali Baba had married was poor and needy. They lived, therefore, in a mean hovel, and Ali Baba eked out a scanty livelihood by the sale of fuel which he daily collected in the jungle and carried about the town to the bazaar upon his three asses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sedan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tree trimmer (Jun '11) Mon tennesee travler 16
Do you have a drug problem? do you have childre... Mon caring hearts 1
Pit Bulls (Jun '14) Mar 20 Billy Jack 18
Caney dog pound Mar 18 Jonita 1
hottest chicks (Jul '09) Mar 11 mhmm 25
Miller's (May '15) Mar 8 Whut 9
Officer Rooks (May '13) Mar 7 You will never know 6

Sedan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance