Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

MrSlinky wrote:
<quoted text>
So there will be an opening for president. From what I have just read, this means that you must be advancing in your political ambitions. You have the speech making part under control, but what shape will you leave the Chamber in for the new president? I am sure you will address any questions and/or complaints. The problem is, and always will be, that you wont be able to do a thing about most of them without getting your actions approved by the movers and shakers behind the scenes. For everyone who really wants to join the Chamber, I say go for it! There is nothing like stepping into the picture to get a feel for the canvas. I would think that the President of the Chamber resorting to calling names would be a hint as to what to expect. Good Luck.
First of all I would like to apologize for the typo, Mr SLINKY, spell check did not catch it, as it was spelled correctly.
Second: The Chamber will be left in fincially better than it was 2 years agao, when I stepped in. A treasurer's report is always handed out to each person attending the meeting, so there again I say if you would like to know, please attend a meeting and your concerns will be addressed.
Third: The reason there will be opportunties for others to fill the vacant offices, we have completed 2 years at or current positions, and I for one think it is time for someone else to step up and experience the difficulties in getting volunteers to assit in the many family orentatied activites the chamber sponsors throughout the year. I hate to tell you there are no movers and shakers behind the scenes. What you see is what there is.
Again, I invite you to attend a meeting now and then and see what is happening. Maybe try one of the offices and then you will be able to know more of what you are talking about.
Have a grat day Mr. Slinky.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

J Waller wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I would like to apologize for the typo, Mr SLINKY, spell check did not catch it, as it was spelled correctly.
Second: The Chamber will be left in fincially better than it was 2 years agao, when I stepped in. A treasurer's report is always handed out to each person attending the meeting, so there again I say if you would like to know, please attend a meeting and your concerns will be addressed.
Third: The reason there will be opportunties for others to fill the vacant offices, we have completed 2 years at or current positions, and I for one think it is time for someone else to step up and experience the difficulties in getting volunteers to assit in the many family orentatied activites the chamber sponsors throughout the year. I hate to tell you there are no movers and shakers behind the scenes. What you see is what there is.
Again, I invite you to attend a meeting now and then and see what is happening. Maybe try one of the offices and then you will be able to know more of what you are talking about.
Foggy For-sight

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

J Waller wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.

Since: Jul 11

Fredericktown, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

J Waller wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing NICE [as Foggy says] about this is the systematic and creative way in which J Waller attempts to insult everyone’s intelligence. For example the ‘t’ and the ‘l’ keys are nowhere near the same key strokes. I know, it was just a Freudian slip. Secondly, being better off than 2 years ago isn’t really giving anyone hope for a bright future. What have you put into play for long term growth and stability? Third, I can understand that 2 years would be enough of trying to accomplish any goals without implementing change and growth, which the goat ropers will not allow. No movers and shakers huh. Try going against the will of the goat ropers and attempt to bring new business to the county. You will learn all about the movers and the shakers. Last but not least. I refuse your recruitment tactics because I do know what I am talking about. Good Luck.
J Waller

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

Mr. SLINKY:
You are too thick headed to see anything but your side. Have a wonderful life.

Fredericktown, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

J Waller wrote:
Mr. SLINKY:
You are too thick headed to see anything but your side. Have a wonderful life.
Truth has a way of getting in the way. Maybe you can peddle your sales pitch to the less influenced and regain control of your mental faculties. I hope you can make it through till January without being rude and disrespectful again. Good Luck.
Comment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

MrSlinky, you know it is shame to be as knowing and as knowledgeable as you are and not have the guts to join any organizations or run for an office and try to make some changes. Are you afraid to piss off the "goat ropers" in person or are you afraid you might actually get some support.
What would you have to lose,
Besides the ability to hide behind a computer and ridicule everyone.
J Waller

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

Judged:

Mr Slinky
I have at least stepped up to the base and have taken my swing at changes that would benefit Sedan, I may have struckout, but at least I took my turn and I swung that bat like a wild woman. The Chamber now has an account to offer a Sedan High Sr. a $500 scholarship to help continue their education. I have been to every function and event the Chamber has sponsored, be it in the cold of winter or the heat of summer, I have dressed in every costume that needed to be filled for every parade, or family orentaited event the Chamber has sponsored. I have given my time to the community.
As far as "regaining control of my mental faculties", and being "rude and disrespectful" I think you should check yourself and many of your posts on Topix, you may find you have just described yourself.
I still invite you to attend any Chamber meeting and event and if you have any ideas, comments, questions or complaints, be a man and bring them to the table in person, don't hide behind your assumed name and your computer, believe me, I am woman enough to address them.

Hesston, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

Comment wrote:
MrSlinky, you know it is shame to be as knowing and as knowledgeable as you are and not have the guts to join any organizations or run for an office and try to make some changes. Are you afraid to piss off the "goat ropers" in person or are you afraid you might actually get some support.
What would you have to lose,
Besides the ability to hide behind a computer and ridicule everyone.
Right back at you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

MrSlinky wrote:
<quoted text>
Jwaller… Excellent! Now that all the bs and posturing is out of the way you are able to show the real story. I applaud your efforts and admire your desire to strive for change. I understand the frustration you bring forth in your words. I hope you can see that the powers that be have used you like a pawn in their sick little game of [ no change equals we stay in power] If you find my comments to be rude then I apologize for that rudeness. Sometimes the truth demands that things be boldly stated.
I dint see that comeing Mrstinky.

Hesston, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

Foggy For-sight wrote:
<quoted text>
I dint see that comeing Mrstinky.
I strongly doubt you can see anything coming Foggy.
mrTwinky

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

MR SLINKY FOR PRESIDENT HE IS ALL KNOWING AND ALL POWERFUL, HE CAN CURE CANCER AND RAISE THE STOCK MARKET, MR SLINKY HAS ALL THE ANSWSERS PRAISE MR SLINKY. HE WILL SAVE US FROM ALL. LOL mr slinky is a fing joke with no moral courage or the will to fight for change, he will hide behind his computer and post his bs ideas and views on about EVERY forum on topix.
the eldest lady

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

VERILY a strange tale is mine and 'tis this: Yon two black bitches are my eldest sisters by one mother and father, and these two others she who beareth upon her the signs of stripes and the third our procuratrix, are my sisters by another mother. When my father died, each took her share of the heritage and after a while my mother also deceased, leaving me and my sisters german three thousand dinars, so each daughter received her portion of a thousand dinars and I the same, albe' the youngest. In due course of time my sisters married with the usual festivities and lived with their husbands, who bought merchandise with their wives' moneys and set out on their travels together. Thus they threw me off. My brothers-in-law were absent with their wives five years, during which period they spent all the money they had and, becoming bankrupt, deserted my sisters in foreign parts amid stranger folk.
DSB

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

J Waller wrote:
Sedan Area Chamber of Commerce Easter Basket Fundraiser
The Sedan Area Chamber of Commerce is currently holding their annual Easter Basket Fundraiser. They are selling chances to win a basket for either a boy or a girl for $1.00 each. Tickets for the girl’s basket can be purchased at the 1ST National Bank of Sedan, where the basket is on display. The boy’s basket is on display at the Howard State Bank in Sedan, where tickets can be purchased for it.
The winners of the baskets will be drawn Saturday, April 23rd after the Easter Egg Hunt. This year the Easter Egg Hunt will be held at the softball diamond in the Sedan City Park, beginning at 1:00 pm.
There will be 4 age categories for the hunt. 0-3 years, 4-6 years, 7-9 years and 10-12 years of age. There are many surprises waiting in the Easter Eggs to be discovered. The Easter Bunny will be there for pictures.
There is no cost to attend the Easter Egg Hunt, as this is an event the Sedan Area Chamber of Commerce sponsors to promote family time together. So, bring the family, both old and young and spend the afternoon.
Is this date right? Why not today the 7th?
So What

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

DSB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this date right? Why not today the 7th?
That easter date for that post was last years DSB.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sedan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 5 hr MSRose 202
For Warned is Fore armed 16 hr WATCHMAN 3
Debate: Ferguson - Caney, KS 16 hr WATCHMAN 3
Boycott Mexico and Mexicans Thu Eagle 16
Amy Dickens lampson Thu Who knows 3
shortcreek Aug 20 Aintthatsomestuff 10
Zoning Aug 17 Me and me 4

Search the Sedan Forum:
•••
•••