Fans of Sedalia Wal-Mart Greeter Flocking to Facebook

Full story: Fox4KC

A Wal-Mart greeter in Sedalia is so well known in town that he even has his own fan club.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Feb 15, 2010
sedjen

Sedalia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Judged:

The link is to the wrong Smitty Fan page....he actually has more than one. That one was made after Mac W. made his...
THIS IS THE REAL SMITTY FAN PAGE
http://www.facebook.com/group.php...
waynef smith

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

way to go bro.
waynef smith

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

way to go bro.

bro wayne
wayne f smith

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

hey bro we had to leave sleepy cedar falls to get you know
way to go bro
Smittys Twin Claude

Gardnerville, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Judged:

Hey, I known this guy for 77 years... He's the greatest.. of course I maybe a little bias ..Smile
He thinks I'm O.K. too.
Always outgoing and has a smile and ALWAYS A POISTIVE ATITUDE! I LOVE HIM.
Claude again

Gardnerville, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Darn cheap keyboard can't even spell "POSITIVE ATTITUDE".. SMILE
Twin Bro Claude

Gardnerville, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Hey, I known this guy for 77 years... He's the greatest.. of course I maybe a little bias ..Smile
He thinks I'm O.K. too.
Always outgoing and has a smile and ALWAYS A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! DARN ... I LOVE THIS GUY.
Deneale K Williams

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

There was an awesome greeter in Merritt Island, FL. His name was Floyd. He died several months ago. We nick-named him Pink Floyd. He is deeply missed, I feel that someone needs to tell his widow, what kind of a great human being her husband was. It will help her with the loss, and recognize him for the people whose faces he put smiles on. He often raced me with the scooters, when I had my surgery on my hip. He made the pain bareable!
kittycatgordon

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

I hope the snow didn't get you down. look good for your age!!!
kittycatgordon

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

hope the snow didn't get in the way of things.the snow is getting in the way.kittycatgordon33@gmail.com
Heidi Martin

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

Just found this on FB - glad to know there are people out there who not only take pride in their job but are interested in making a person's life just a little better with a smile and a kind word! Thank you Smitty! Hugs!
Rick Berger

Glens Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

Walmart- Killing Small American Towns, One at a Time
Walmart puts class action suits by employees that have been discriminated against (especially women!), cheated of wages, etc. into their business plan. Walmart- cheap prices, horrible wages, and obscene profits for the Walton family. Yep, killing America, one town at a time.
I am sure that Smitty is a kind gentleman but Walmart has NO interest in treating their employees well. A living wage? HA! Health insurance? HA! Keeping people under 40 hours a week to stop that!
Shop Local and save your own job!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Rick Berger wrote:
Walmart puts class action suits by employees that have been discriminated against (especially women!), cheated of wages, etc. into their business plan. Walmart- cheap prices, horrible wages, and obscene profits for the Walton family. Yep, killing America, one town at a time.
I am sure that Smitty is a kind gentleman but Walmart has NO interest in treating their employees well. A living wage? HA! Health insurance? HA! Keeping people under 40 hours a week to stop that!
blah blah blah what a dummy you are
julie

West Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

wish sum of the local greeters here were more friendly!!!!! and not only @ wally world, but costco greeters cud be a little more enthused.... good job smitty for setting a great example for the rest of the greeters and the world to see!!!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Rick Berger wrote:
you are truely miss informed sir i have 6 relatives that work there and even the people under 40 hrs have the chance to get health care and might i add the wages are not that bad at Wal-Mart, so get your facts straight before opening the piehole
pattie roth

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

way to go smitty! SaY hello to the Noland clan for me from sunny socal !! make it FUN ONE!
Yes

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Rick Berger wrote:
I'll agree, but this forum is not about Wal-Mart, just one of their greeters who happens to be a very nice man.
RuthAnne

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Hi Bro,
Good to see you are so popular. I always knew you had the gift of gab. Keep it up. Love, RAC

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Sedalia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sedalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Sedalia News, Events & Info