Cowboys BBQ and Steak Co. to open in ...

Cowboys BBQ and Steak Co. to open in Sebring

There are 28 comments on the Highlands Today story from Jan 10, 2010, titled Cowboys BBQ and Steak Co. to open in Sebring. In it, Highlands Today reports that:

Jim McCoin was feeling quite good about himself after winning the Best of the Best competition in the whole hog category and finishing fifth overall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Highlands Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Average Joe

Venice, FL

#1 Feb 10, 2010
Service was pretty good. However, I ordered their Rib-eye Steak and it was awful. The entire thing was covered in fat and it was horribly undercooked. Other than the steak the food wasn't bad, though if your looking for affordability and quality I would go somewhere else.

Okeechobee, FL

#2 Feb 11, 2010
wow average joe, ribeyes are a fatty steak thats why they have so much flavor, I had the 32oz porterhouse tonite, shared it with the wife and it was great! I think it was 31 dollars for two?? seemed reasonable.... service was good and the wait was a little long but that is because the steak is two pounds. I have ate there many times now and it has been enjoyable each time.

Sebring, FL

#3 Feb 26, 2010
I couldn't wait to try the new Cowboys that opened up in Sebring. Well, I went there this evening and was very disappointed. I ordered a salad with bleu cheese but they were out of bleu cheese, so I ordered it with ranch along with a strip steak(medium) and baked potatoe. After almost 20 minutes of waiting for my salad, someone brought my meal along with my salad. The waitress I had was so busy conversing with the people at another table never took note that I never received a salad. I sent the salad back because I enjoy eating it before my dinner. My steak was almost paper thin and was medium well..but I guess for $14.00 I shouldn't expect much.. but also received baked beans instead of a baked potatoe. I am not sure if I will ever try this restaurant again and am not sure if it will make it during the slow months. Wish they would have opened a Carrabas or a Macaroni Grill instead.
Food Critic

Venice, FL

#4 Mar 1, 2010
Went there a few days ago and had a great meal!! Ordered the beef brisket. It was delicious. Service was great and prices were reasonable. Had an excellent waiter, wish I could remember his name. He's the guy from NYC. I'll definitely be going back!
1_tried b4

Arcadia, FL

#5 Mar 2, 2010
stinks, where's the manager

Cape Coral, FL

#7 Mar 3, 2010
This place is terrible! Bad service, piss poor food, and the prices could be a tad lower. The "girls" serving need to be more professional.
a mom

Bartow, FL

#8 Mar 8, 2010
went to cowboys over the weekend and LOVED it. had the brisket cheesesteak and it was great. my son has a digestive disorder and got sick the waitress was awesome instead of running away and staying away she came with napkins and a bowl and ready to chip in! we left her a 50% tip! my son has had this problem since he was born and we still go out to eat with him and come prepared and to have someone help out means a lot. over all it is a new place for us to eat!

United States

#9 Mar 9, 2010

Port Charlotte, FL

#10 Mar 11, 2010
i went to cowboys a few days ago with my son and i had the Ribeye cooked medium well and he had the chicken fingers meal. The steak came out just the way i wanted it. The food there was great. and my waitress was perfect, she didnt seem to miss a beat. my son is normally very shy but we were speaking with my waitress about his birthday because they had just sang to an elderly lady ( although the birthday song gets everyones attention in the dinning room...its very loud. ok on to my point my son instantly liked her because her name was april and his birthday is in april. everytime i go in i will request her, and i recommend her to anyone whos going to try out the restaurant. Cowboys makes a great addition to sebring. keep it up guys, ill be back.

Greensburg, PA

#11 Mar 19, 2010
It was for a special occasion. While visiting family we planned a big dinner out to visit and enjoy good food. We checked the restaurant at 1:00PM that afternoon to see about reservations for a group of 13(one wheelchair). No reservations but call ahead. We tried that and got another no just come a bit early. We came 15min before the others to get name in. We waited 1 hour 45min to sit. Yes we stayed and we did get visiting time but we were hungry! Then it was another hour before we got food. My side of grilled shrimp was cold and so was my daughters but I didn't want to wait again so I ate it. The worst thing is the manager told us we cost him money because he had to let a few tables sit empty for a bit while he waited for the third to empty so he could push them together. Basically he said with such a large party we should not come on a Friday or Saturday. Wish they'd said that at 1 in the afternoon when we first checked. And obviously the guy didn't think about the fact that we spent money in the bar while waiting. I found it insulting. This restaurant would not survive up north as there is much competition. Pretty much everywhere will let you call ahead with a large party. Also we were not offered so much as a complementary appetizer or drink for the long wait. Another thing most restaurants would do. I don't know about the rest of them but I will not go back again next time I'm in Sebring. There is always a good restaurant happy to give good service and hot food. After all that is their job.
Lk Placid Gram

Apopka, FL

#12 Mar 22, 2010
Took my entire family there week ago. First try. Was very disappointed and insulted. Waited 2 hours for a table, then longer for our meal. Manager talked to one of my family members from out of town and basically told them we cost him money because he had to keep 2 tables open until 3rd was available to accomodate our party of 13. We tried to call and make reservations but were told they don't make them. Told us to come on an off night if we want to get seated next time. Food was fair. Steaks were good- ribs good - sides were not good. Turkey was so dry I couldn't eat it. Prices were not bad if it was a good meal. Whole night was very disappointing and we only had the one evening with our family from up north. When someone has waited over 2 hours for a table - the last thing they want to hear from a manager is how we cost him money by keeping his tables open until he could seat all of us. Management needs to have a lesson or two on courtesy and people skills. Good BBQ is one thing - but offending customers will send them elsewhere. Next time we have company, we definitely will not attempt to take them to Cowboys. We were polite and tried to be understanding of the wait - certainly didn't deserve the rudeness of the management. By the way - the wait staff was ok. They were trying to do a good job under a very difficult situation. Place was busy and food was coming out slow. I was embarrased that my family was treated so poorly. Got there at 6:15. Finally finished meal and left almost 10:00.

Kissimmee, FL

#13 Mar 23, 2010
i ate at your place twice in ft. pierce and thought it waw great i did live in okee at one time and am happy to her you are doing well

Ocoee, FL

#14 Apr 8, 2010
big eater

Bartow, FL

#15 May 11, 2010
the sebring location just opened and has gone through a few managerial changes already. either the owners are idiots or the operations manager (Joe)has no clue.

Bonita Springs, FL

#16 May 11, 2010
Joe is in fact an idiot.
Love that chicken

Bartow, FL

#17 May 15, 2010
I went to Cowboys with my wife and 2 year old daughter. I ordered the chicken sandwich. It sounded good. But the chicked was so dry I needed extra bbq sauce just so I could eat it. My wife's steak was undercooked. I won't be going back to Cowboys. Sure miss RJ Gators. I don't see them lasting through the summer months.

Bartow, FL

#18 May 24, 2010
i have not heard one good thing about this place from anyone who has eaten there. gave it a try myself, and i agree the steaks are cheap cuts, full of grissle, and overcooked. should have stuck with outback.
Fantastic Steak

Cape Coral, FL

#19 May 26, 2010
I took my family out to eat Monday at Cowboys ... I was greeted at the door by a wonderfully pleasant young lady. I noticed on the door it said they serve certified angus beef. I had the ribeye and it was out of this world! Our server was attentive and I was surprised at how fast the food came out. Nice job, Cowboys - we'll be back!
Fantastic Steak

Cape Coral, FL

#20 May 26, 2010
On the contrary- this restaurant has the best steaks in Central Florida- it is Certified Angus Beef Brand
SeparatingAwesom eFromNOT

Altamonte Springs, FL

#21 May 27, 2010
Gross is an RJ Gator's grilled cheese served grilled only on one side with the plastic rapped still around the cheese inside(true story from the RJ Gator's location formerly in Okeechobee). Bland is an Apple Bee's pulled pork sandwich with all the desire to be BBQ & none of the taste to pull-off true southern smokehouse BBQ style salivation (for one reason among others; their BBQ comes to their locations in refrigerated plastic bags). Snobs are Macaroni Grill & Cheesecake Factory all-black wearin' wait-staff-style service that doesn't have the time/patience/attention to give detail oriented accounts of every specific taste/cut/combination (Kathy'll give ya detailed taste attention from the appetizer to the best steak & wine selection to compliment your meal). Awesome is something you just can't turn down or away from...when you know you're eaten from a true smokehouse southern style drive for superb cuisine. That can only come from years of cookin', tastin' & testin' to equal award winning southern food fabulousity like you'll find at every Cowboy's location. I personally recommend the BBQ egg-rolls, any one of their cooked to perfection steak cuts...flanked with an all-the-way baked potato & steamed veggies. Round that off with a slice of lip-smakin' buttermilk pie covered in strawberry goodness & you're well on your way to understanding why this Okeechobee, FL native can't get enough of the food, flavor & family at any one of the Cowboy's locations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shhhh Oct 4 shhh 2
Advice on moving to Sebring - Anyone? (Feb '11) Aug '15 dannycentralfla48 7
Sebring Wal-Mart (Sep '10) Aug '15 dannycentralfla48 6
Men and Dating....Why do they think the way the... (Feb '09) Aug '15 dannycentralfla48 3
Debate: Marijuana - Sebring, FL (Sep '10) Aug '15 Neil 29
Lake Placid Crime (Mar '15) Jul '15 Caribe704 2
Kitty Slark Jul '15 Just wondering 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sebring Mortgages