Investigators investigate LP shooting

Investigators investigate LP shooting

There are 6 comments on the Highlands Today story from Mar 17, 2010, titled Investigators investigate LP shooting. In it, Highlands Today reports that:

A Lake Placid man remained in critical condition Tuesday after suffering a gunshot wound Monday just before 7 p.m. Medical personnel arrived at Lake June Road and tended to William Firth, 19, who suffered the gunshot wound, according to Highlands County Sheriff's Lt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Highlands Today.

grieving uncle and aunt

Sarasota, FL

#1 Mar 18, 2010
Hi there,

We are family of William Firth who was shot 3/17/2010, we wanted to give you an update. Unfortuanatly he was pronounced brain dead on Monday when he was flown to TGH in Tampa, FL, he was officially pronounced dead by the medical examiner on Wednesday March 17th, 2010 shortly after 11am. He will be greatly missed and we do hope that the local police will find out the true story to what happened to him.
BCW

Lake Wales, FL

#2 Apr 7, 2010
I did not know whether to write or not. I am sure my son received Williams Kidney and Pancreas. My son is also blond, blue eyed, and slim as your nephew. He has a 5 year old blond,haired blue eyed long legged slim little girl. My son was a diabetic since he was 2 so you can imagine the toll it took on his body. He has never in his life been able to eat one time till he was full. Then when the kidneys went he was allowed almost no food at all. For the first time he can eat and no shots. His bones are brittle from the disease but this will get better in time. We were to the point of having to call paramedics weekly the past few months and he is now......almost.......like a normal man. We are so appreciative.WE are also saddend by the death of you Nephew. He sounds so much like my son it give me chills and I think of them both daily. He would like to contact at a later date. He is still recovering.
Erica Marra

United States

#3 May 15, 2013
I am William Firth's oldest sister . I have read the above story and it greatly made me so happy . I'm sad I lost my brother however I am very thankful he could save many of lives . My brother had blonde hair and blue eyes , he also left behinde his daughter whom has blonde and blue eyes. I'm glad my family could help yours . I forever will cherish this comment . Why ? By the grace of god my brother was able to be a hero to so many people . I wish blessing upon your family . Also the above statement has touched me tremendously . Give god the glory ! Please stay incontact with my family . I love to hear testimonies . God bless you and your son <3 Sincerly , Erica Marra .
BCW

Davenport, FL

#4 May 15, 2013
Erica,
I signed up to receive notices of any reports on this site so I saw your post.
It has been 3 years now and my son does well. He celebrates his !other! Birthday each year on the 17 th of March. Coincidentally my sons birthday actually is March 15, thus linking the two even more as I have often thought. My son has never been able to write the letter to the family as he says he could not possibly begin to express what this has meant for him and his daughter and all of us and he also still feels horrible about your loss and thinks it would bring it all back to you.

At any rate it was so nice to hear from you and I would love to communicate with you and the family.
Erica Marra

United States

#5 May 15, 2013
BCW,
My family would love to hear from your son. Loosing my brother was one of the hardest things my mother has had to go threw . However when we were saying our final goodbyes to him , I was heart broken as I he was leaving me behinde I was shouting that he is a HERO. Please, I urge your son to out reach to my mother and myself. Why ? Sometimes when you have a horrible situation it can have some positivity to it and my family needs to hear this testimony ! God is good. I'm so glad that I even get to communicate with you . Please I urge your son to read this and please let him know we would love to hear from him .. This has honestly touched my heart .. You'll never undetstand how glorious this is to me . Thank you . If you would like we can communicate via email [email protected] . Please tell your son don't be afraid to reach out to my family.
michele firth

United States

#6 May 15, 2013
Thank you for contacting us it hurt more not hearing from the receipients than writing to the one that did so i am so happy to hear from you tell your son not to feel bad God knows what hes doing your son was reborn from my sons death only a great God do arrange that. I'm Billy's mom and thank you so much for remembering him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Placid Crime (Mar '15) Fri Curious about crime 4
Cricket Cell Service Dec 13 Considering a move 1
Crime in Lake Placid Dec 13 Considering a move 1
News LETTER: Are gypsies Israel's lost tribes? (Sep '12) Dec 3 DAVE 13
News Crime 20 mins ago 1:48 p.m.Boy fighting for lif... Nov '17 Nellie 1
Tell me all the good things about living in Seb... Sep '17 kitkat69 4
pj sutton (Feb '17) Jul '17 Pedo judges 2

Sebring Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance