Senior PG&E director admits snooping ...

Senior PG&E director admits snooping on SmartMeter critics

There are 33 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Senior PG&E director admits snooping on SmartMeter critics. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

The PGE director who oversees the utility's controversial SmartMeter program has admitted using a false name to try to join an online group opposed to the meters and secretly monitoring other online forums critical of PGE.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robert Williams

Danville, CA

#23 Nov 9, 2010
PG&E SMART METER DIRECTOR FAKED HIS IDENTITY, COVERED UP HIS POSITION WITH PG&E AND EVEN NOW CONTINUES TO LIE.

Devereaux was not searching for customer "Thinking" or to "Understand customer points of view", as he further lied in his statement to the Reporter.

PG&E already received many thousands of complaints and customer comments regarding the Wireless "Smart" meter program. Devereaux, the Smart Meter Director, already heard and ignored those thousands of customer complaints and comments. Devereaux also ignored the point of view and many hundreds of customer complaints and comments that were specifically directed to him, in person, at city council and community meetings throughout California.

The legal and commendable group of citizens, that Devereaux covertly attempted to break into, had repeatedly been sharing their thinking with him and giving Devereaux their point of view and attempting to get him to pay attention.

This group of citizens has collected documentation regarding increased rates from Smart Meters and Scientific Reports warning of serious health effects from Wireless devices less damaging than "Smart" meters.

Devereaux was not searching for customer information as he again lied. Devereaux was looking to find out the group's strategy to communicate their information to others, so that he could minimize it and attempt to discredit it in advance.

If the information about the "Smart" meter program that Devereaux and PG&E were delivering to the public was true, then there would be no reason or motivation for Devereaux to covertly access information and communication strategy of a group of mostly parents, concerned about their children's and neighbor's welfare. There are also scientists, teachers, soccer coaches, white collar workers, blue collar workers, management professionals, unemployed, students, elected officials and many others in or associated with this group. This group represents a cross section of Americans, all of whom have been violated by Devereaux's actions and the greater fraud that it represents on the larger scale of the complete Devereaux and PG&E misrepresentation of the "Smart" meter program in California.

Devereaux, the Director of the Smart Meter Program, has been specifically telling elected officials and members of the public throughout California that he is mainly interested in open and honest communications.

This is not a single PG&E indiscretion. Rather, it is a consistent pattern of PG&E Management lying to customers and disregarding the welfare of people in the State of California, regarding this Wireless "Smart" Meter program.

A moratorium on this Wireless "Smart" meter program is now essential, and the California Legislature can call for and oversee an independent investigation of the entire "Smart" meter program.

Dozens of PG&E community meetings regarding "Smart" meters have taken place throughout California and many more are currently taking place where Devereaux has heard and continues to hear the thinking and points of view of thousands of California PG&E customers.

But Devereaux falsified his identity and covered up his Director position to covertly fool and violate PG&E customers. And these are the same California PG&E customers that have been told that they are receiving open and honest communications from PG&E through Bill Devereaux, the Director of the Smart Meter Program for the State of California.

We know:
- Rates have increased worldwide where "Smart" meters have been installed.
- Systems have not yet been designed to prevent hacking or to guarantee security of our individual utility use, which reflects the detailed activities within our homes.
- Dozens of Scientists not funded by industry have found that the wireless signal radiation from the "Smart" meters results in adverse biological effects in a body / brain.

A full investigation of the PG&E Wireless "Smart" meter program is now warranted.

(this comment taken from another article)
Seacliff Local

Waterford, CA

#24 Nov 9, 2010
Soquel Local wrote:
<quoted text>
I can picture a full line of EMF protective gear starting with lead lined cell phone cases!
I was imagining the tin foil hats shaped like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz with multi-colored pipe cleaners shaped like antenas sticking out the top...
Old Timer

Salinas, CA

#25 Nov 9, 2010
Carl Bendix wrote:
I don't think his intent was malicious. What was he going to do with this info, vandalize or otherwise harass the complainants? I think that maybe he was trying to learn what was bothering people and what the motivation was behind the complaints.
I totally agree. In fact I would almost applaud him for trying to look deeper into the concerns that customers were having. There's no way he could he could just "troll" the blog using his real name.
RF Engineer

Salinas, CA

#26 Nov 9, 2010
"Dozens of Scientists not funded by industry have found that the wireless signal radiation from the "Smart" meters results in adverse biological effects in a body / brain."

The RF radiation from smart meters is a tiny fraction of the RF energy emitted by cellphone towers and WiFi networks. Smart meters operate in the ISM band from 902-928 MHz which is much less harmful than the 2400 MHz radiation emitted by WiFi repeaters and the 1900 MHz used by cell phones. Also consider that smart meters operate 99% of the time in receive mode. They only transmit for a fraction of a second when they receive a poll to transmit some data. In contrast, WiFi and cellular networks are almost constantly transmitting, whether or not you are using them.

If you use a cordless phone or a cell phone once a day you are getting far more radiation than what is being emitted from a smart meter. The proximity of the RF transmitter to your brain is what causes problems. You would have to stick your head up against a smart meter to get the same effect.

Enough already with the RF paranoia! I've been working with RF for over 30 years, often at levels far exceeding "safe" limits, and so far I have no adverse affects.
Seacliff Local

Tracy, CA

#27 Nov 9, 2010
RF Engineer wrote:
"Dozens of Scientists not funded by industry have found that the wireless signal radiation from the "Smart" meters results in adverse biological effects in a body / brain."
The RF radiation from smart meters is a tiny fraction of the RF energy emitted by cellphone towers and WiFi networks. Smart meters operate in the ISM band from 902-928 MHz which is much less harmful than the 2400 MHz radiation emitted by WiFi repeaters and the 1900 MHz used by cell phones. Also consider that smart meters operate 99% of the time in receive mode. They only transmit for a fraction of a second when they receive a poll to transmit some data. In contrast, WiFi and cellular networks are almost constantly transmitting, whether or not you are using them.
If you use a cordless phone or a cell phone once a day you are getting far more radiation than what is being emitted from a smart meter. The proximity of the RF transmitter to your brain is what causes problems. You would have to stick your head up against a smart meter to get the same effect.
Enough already with the RF paranoia! I've been working with RF for over 30 years, often at levels far exceeding "safe" limits, and so far I have no adverse affects.
Phooey! No hat for you!!!

“This is only a test of the ...”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#28 Nov 9, 2010
RF Engineer wrote:
Stop scaring us with facts!!!:)
WhoCares

San Francisco, CA

#29 Nov 9, 2010
Please people. When you are blogging you are not in someone's living room having a confidential meeting, you are on the Internet posting your opinions for all to see. In fact, when you are emailing, you are doing the same thing. This is a ridiculous article. I really think the Director was within his rights here and I believe his statement that his intent was good. And I agree, who the hell worries so much about EMFs and then blogs all night on their computer?? Give us some real news, not an overblown story about someone trying to do their job.
SC Native

Carson City, NV

#30 Nov 9, 2010
PG&amp;E...&amp ;...why can't they fix this?
IMFLETCHER

San Francisco, CA

#31 Nov 9, 2010
go solar then bunch of wanny pants! put down your cell phone, turn off your tv, there is life on the other side of the technological fence. remember the ocean and the fields, those were cool once. do they still exist? or just in the movies.... go visit www.wwwdotcom.com ---this will solve everyones problems.
Mr Copy Paste

San Francisco, CA

#32 Nov 9, 2010
Robert Williams wrote:
PG&E SMART METER DIRECTOR FAKED HIS IDENTITY, COVERED UP HIS POSITION WITH PG&E AND EVEN NOW CONTINUES TO LIE.

<BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH>

(this comment taken from another article)
Mr. WIlliams. If you must simply copy/paste someone else's work? Please site your source.
Mr Copy Paste

San Francisco, CA

#33 Nov 9, 2010
that is, "cite".
Soquel Local

Salinas, CA

#34 Nov 10, 2010
Makes you wonder how much RF radiation the bloggers on this site are receiving from their computers while blogging about RF radiation from smart meters! Kind of ironic.
CADNAV

Santa Rosa, CA

#35 Nov 10, 2010
Oh My goodness--someone didn't use their real name while blogging! BFD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastopol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teen arrested for selling illegal fireworks online Sat Saffron Blues 2
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Sat lil sister 1,211
News Novato Woman Ordered to Stand Trial in Alleged ... (Apr '13) Jul 13 Elek 28
News Catholic couple puts faith in action for LGBT Y... Jun '15 Magic Utah Uwear 5
News Santa Ana company Ascent Aerospace awarded Airb... May '15 cynthia curran 1
News Man convicted of running website that traded in... May '15 UnderstandPeople 2
News Sonoma Co. Man Arrested After Bizarre Crime Spr... May '15 M Mom 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sebastopol Mortgages