Some Marin residents prepare for brav...

Some Marin residents prepare for brave new world altered by oil and...

There are 68 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Some Marin residents prepare for brave new world altered by oil and.... In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Andre Angelantoni of San Rafael sees a future in which global warming and dwindling oil supplies result in spiraling unemployment, food shortages and rising poverty; that's the bad news.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“"In dog years, I'm dead."”

Since: Feb 08

Novato

#64 Jul 20, 2010
Chimera wrote:
<quoted text>
So the vast majority of climatologists and weather experts who dedicate their lives to the study, don't know what you know? And all those times in the earth's past when we had 6.8 billion people burning fossil fuels how do you figure them in your calculations?

Earths climate changes with or with out the burning of fossil fuels. Burning fossil fuels may speed things up a bit or it might not. Earth was far hotter in the past and didn't need fossil fuels to get there.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#65 Jul 20, 2010
Bill E Goat wrote:
<quoted text>
So I'll skip your course and invest the $249 in oil stocks if you think there's going to be such a shortage. Thanks for the investment tip!
Do a search for "Kurt Saxon" He's been teaching this stuff for decades.
Andre, I posted a properly addressed,(as in serious) reply to this whole subject, perhaps it was too long and did'nt load right, but there's alot of things that Your "classes" don't address.
And my deep-cycle batts are running low, so I don't have time to repost.
I personally think alot of this "peak-oil" bussiness, CO2, and the already disproven global warming issue is nothing but propaganda to further the Cap & trade agenda.

Climate change, yes, the planet does that, quite often on a planetary-scale, perhaps not for Our short lifespans.

It won't be peak oil that'll cause mayhem/unrest, or the like, it will more than likely be a complete financial meltdown, hyper-inflation, a political agenda, natural disaster, or even an EMP attack that might be the primary cause, leading to mass civil unrest/Martial law and the like.

I take it that You're not a believer of abiotic oil theory, are You?

If 1 person out of 10,000 people took this class, how's that person going to deal with the 9,999 people that did'nt take the class, once they know there's food readilly available on that persons land?

Kurt Saxon addresses this issue.
Petals

San Jose, CA

#66 Jul 20, 2010
And if you believe this then I have a bottle of snake oil that does wonders!!!
Press 6 for English

San Jose, CA

#67 Jul 20, 2010
Boner wrote:
Who's going to take care of all the illegal aliens and their families with 5 kids?
Oops! Since your post, the family increased to 9.

Maybe they can take jobs no one wants, and receive free benefits and subsidized housing. No worries for them compared with their country of origin

Since: Apr 09

Marin County, CA

#68 Jul 20, 2010
As for the claim that "cap & trade" and general greenhouse gas limits are part of a conspiracy to form a new world order, understand that my concerns are not that the world shouldn't reduce CO2 emissions.

My concerns are that the unjustified, unexplained exclusion of India, China, and most 3rd World countries from these limits IS an effort to rearrange power structures.

After all, if CO2 is as harmful as you claim, shouldn't we be FORCING the rest of the world to limit it as well?

Note: It's really fairly easy to destroy a country's ability to create voluminous amounts of CO2. Should we go to war to enforce various percentage limits on CO2 emission?

Since: Jun 10

Marin County

#69 Jul 20, 2010
Press 6 for English wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops! Since your post, the family increased to 9.
Your health care, food stamps, welfare, and housing subsidies just increased too. Keep 'em coming, may as well stay pregnant round the clock and reap the benefits.
we the

Fremont, CA

#70 Jul 20, 2010
Andre Angelantoni wrote:
RA and GPD,
I have no trouble with skepticism and authentic questions but in return I request that you do the most basic of research. I've posted links from Lloyd's of London and the U.S. Joint Forces command as well as a quotation from the Chief Economist of the International Energy Agency. There are plenty of those sorts of warnings now that I could fill these comments with. It really sounds like neither of you have bothered to read them.
Further, you can go to my website where I have a wealth of data for you to digest, including a video and an extensive a Peak Oil Primer with every claim I make assiduously linked and documented.
I am not a visionary. All I'm doing is actually listening when the people who are warning of oil's decline speak. You are, as I pointed out earlier, free to ignore these warnings just as people ignored the warnings of those raising the alarm about the housing bubble.
My company is a for profit entity that charges between $29 and $249 for the courses we offer depending on their length. We pay the instructors above the industry average because I feel strongly that they should be compensated properly for their excellent work.
You can read the coverage we've gotten from other media outlets like the New York Times, The Washington Post, CBC Radio Canada, Le Monde and more from the front page of the site.
Cheers,
André
i would like to point out what i call judical warming the inconvenyent truth

cops commiting crimes against the citzens its a global problem

“"In dog years, I'm dead."”

Since: Feb 08

Novato

#71 Jul 21, 2010
Rational approach wrote:
As for the claim that "cap & trade" and general greenhouse gas limits are part of a conspiracy to form a new world order, understand that my concerns are not that the world shouldn't reduce CO2 emissions.
My concerns are that the unjustified, unexplained exclusion of India, China, and most 3rd World countries from these limits IS an effort to rearrange power structures.
I too find this as a big hole making cap and trade almost useless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastopol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Double Down Jul 24 mothballs r okay 7
News Novato cops sue lieutenant and city alleging ge... Jun '16 copper mouth baby 5
News Man attempts to rob car wash with potato chip bag May '16 Krysto Frendt 14
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) May '16 scurry 1,212
News Crowdfunding for a cause May '16 Leslie 1
News Marin Voice: Jobs are the reason for traffic co... May '16 Leslie 1
News Bon Voyage May '16 Leslie 1

Sebastopol Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sebastopol Mortgages