Bank Worker Fired For Thwarting, Chas...

Bank Worker Fired For Thwarting, Chasing Robber

There are 25 comments on the KCBS-TV Los Angeles story from Aug 3, 2009, titled Bank Worker Fired For Thwarting, Chasing Robber. In it, KCBS-TV Los Angeles reports that:

A Seattle bank teller has lost his job because he ran down a would-be bank robber and held him until police arrived.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBS-TV Los Angeles.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

yernogood-

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#1 Aug 3, 2009
What kind of idiot would do this? I agree fire the cowboy nobody needs an employee that will put the rest of their workers at risk by making such an ignorant decision. Plus is against work policy and that’s no different than breaking any other rule. Shitcan the bastard.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2 Aug 3, 2009
That is right, just be a punk and don't care about right and wrong. Keep your morals to yourself so as not to offend the robber.

</sarcasm>

yernogood-

#3 Aug 3, 2009
Banks and retail stores have the rule give the robber what they want for a reason. I have this rule as well; its only money it’s not like it’s worth anything. It certainly isn’t worth a life and what it will cost me when I have to pay for injuries my employee obtained in fighting with a thief that has a weapon. I’d fire them too. In a heartbeat. Two words Get Out
Oolong the terrible

Tokyo, Japan

#4 Aug 3, 2009
This guy admits that he has chased robbers before and is an "adrenaline junkie" so I agree that he should have been fired. It is just a matter of time before he gets himself or someone else hurt or worse. If he really wants to chase criminals he just try to become a cop instead of a vigilante.
Proff louie alternater

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Aug 3, 2009
I'll bet it was fun chasin him down.(I'm behind you.you bank robber you.)(
hey man,you ain't spouz to be chasin me,,???)
Tyrone Shoelaces

Columbia, SC

#6 Aug 3, 2009
You spineless [email protected]@rds. Yeah, just give the robber what he wants…don’t stand up for yourself.

What are you people, stupid? Everyone in the area should have jumped the bad gay and helped to subdue (unconscious, Broken legs, broken hands) him until the police arrived. With your way of thinking, there is no real deterrent to robbing or any other criminal activity. I’d much rather have this guy around than any of you when a bad guy shows up.

yernogood-

#7 Aug 3, 2009
Tyrone Shoelaces wrote:
You spineless [email protected]@rds. Yeah, just give the robber what he wants…don’t stand up for yourself.
What are you people, stupid? Everyone in the area should have jumped the bad gay and helped to subdue (unconscious, Broken legs, broken hands) him until the police arrived. With your way of thinking, there is no real deterrent to robbing or any other criminal activity. I’d much rather have this guy around than any of you when a bad guy shows up.
Well tyrone I’m sure you probably don’t have much worth stealing so I can understand what little you have you will go after, but that’s personal stuff, and you see I’ll go after personal stuff too, but when it comes to a business I’d rather not have my employees running down a thief, they’ll be handled in due time it’s no big deal. It’s possible you’ve never had a real job other than trading on street corners; I don’t know for sure I’m just speculating that from the description you gave about how violent you and all the people in the area would be with the robber. I don’t understand though the part about calling the police, why bother calling them when you have already dispensed street justice? We let the law take care of it first then we deal with it afterward. It’s cheaper for us that way when they do all the leg work.
debbie

Stone Mountain, GA

#9 Aug 3, 2009
no good deed goes unpunished
Heather

North York, Canada

#10 Aug 3, 2009
It is a matter of putting other people at risk. What if the robber had a gun and then grabbed a hostage. What if the robber shot someone and not the bank teller. Fine put your own life at risk but you don't have the right to put the other tellers, and customers at risk.

That is why they have cameras in the bank and the bills would probably have included a dye pack and that is what we pay the police to do.
Now if you see someone on the street corner being harmed then yes step up because you may be thier only hope. Each situation is different and they have thier rules for a reason.
nunya

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Aug 3, 2009
our grandparents are probably turning over in their graves at the spinless way their descendants have turned out.pretty sad when someone gets fired for doing what's right.

yernogood-

#12 Aug 3, 2009
nunya wrote:
our grandparents are probably turning over in their graves at the spinless way their descendants have turned out.pretty sad when someone gets fired for doing what's right.
Well I for one spin all the time and my grandparents can't turn in their graves because when we buried them they were dead.
CharlesP

Schaumburg, IL

#13 Aug 3, 2009
This is an example of how CORRUPT CORPORATE AMERICA HAS BECOME IN THE USA!
In ALL of the places that I have lived, THE POLICE WERE/ARE STILL CORRUPT, and no one does a thing to try and stopthis (exccept me)!
And when the corrupt cops want to FRAME someone, ALL CITIZENS/ COMPANIES JOIN IN THE CONSPIRACY TO RUIN THE HONEST PERSONS LIFE (think of the fact that ILLINOIS PUTS MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE INTo PRISON than ANY OTHER STATE for over 40 years)!!!
Most of these cities HAVE SECRET BLACKLISTS OF PEOPLE TO HARASS. The POLICE SEND THE LIES TO CORRPORATIONS/COMPANIES (in the old days using faxes) and companies will SH1T on THESE INNOCENT PEOPLE! They do see the need for EVIDENCE or a PUBLIC TRIAL!
One of the MOST corrupt places I have seen ARE THE WEALTHY NEIGHBORHOODS! Their neighborhood organizations ARE RAMPANT WITH FRAUD, THEFT, AND CORRUPTION. They think that they are NAZI DICTATORS (even if they are NOT WHITE), and TRY AND TELL ME THAT I CANNOT PARK IN THE STREET and ILLEGALY TRY AND HAVE MY CAR STOLEN BY A CROOKED TOWING COMPANY (they think they OWN PUBLIC STREETS)!!
Cops living in these neighborhoods OPENLY TAKE BRIBES TO COVER-UP TEEN AGE GANGS (everyone calls them "good kids". And RAPISTS can OPENLY live there,across the street from the cops, even though the rapists ARE BEING SEARCHED FOR BY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES (RAPISTS CAN PARK their car IN THE STREET WITHOUT BEING HARASSED, even though their LICENSE PLATE IS LONG EXPIRED).
NO ONE lifts a FINGER TO CLEAN UP SUCH COMMUNITIES, even though their residents are always refferred to as "Upstanding citizens in the community"! HAHAHAHAHA!! MY A$$, they are!
animal rights

Stockton, CA

#14 Aug 3, 2009
The guy should go rob the bank and get a little payback.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#15 Aug 3, 2009
If Joe at Joe's newstand stepped up with a baseball bat, that's one thing, but this is a bank. What this guy did was totally unprofessional and put the public in danger. Bank robbers can be either be proffesionals, or extremely desperate - both dangerous, both capable of extreme measures to keep from getting caught. This guy trying to be hero of the day, along with the other bank customers were very lucky the 'robber' was an unarmed transient, and was alone.
Proff louie alternater

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Aug 3, 2009
They fired the guy because the bank president could'nt report to the insurance a kazzilian bucks stolen.(there went his new jag)(whose the real thief)?

Since: Aug 09

Long Beach, CA

#17 Aug 3, 2009
A publicity nightmare for the bank based on poor choices all around.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Schaumburg, IL

#18 Aug 3, 2009
Proff louie alternater wrote:
They fired the guy because the bank president could'nt report to the insurance a kazzilian bucks stolen.(there went his new jag)(whose the real thief)?
But by the same token who's to say a teller couldn't catch the crook and pocket some cash for himself, and then claim the robber dropped all the money somewhere?

Also, if the teller winds up hurt, you know the teller would sue the bank. The legal defense alone would cost the bank more than the average daylight, walk in, walk out bank job.

Lastly, this was Seattle. Less caffeine for your bank tellers in the am, people....
Chandler

Nashville, TN

#19 Aug 3, 2009
Thisis all BS, and each of us know it. this guy deserves a medal for his bravery. Most of wouldn't do this. We'd just hand over the money and let them go. We'd leave it up to the inept police department to try and find the culprit who did the deed. Bank tellers take note. What this guy did was heroic. Heis to be honored by the city from which the event occurred. I hope he kicked the roobers a-- multiple times. If I were a robber, burglar, or whatever, and I had to choose between burglarzing the house that had no guns, and one with guns, the choice would be obvious, the ouse that had no defense. So here is a bank where the tellers just don't lay down like sheep in the pasture when they are startled. It is doubtful this bank will have a robber entering it anymore, after reading this story, if the teller was still employed. But what do these bank presidents do but fire the one who defended their honor and reputation by chasing down the one who robbed them. Riskin his life was his business. It is his life. I would want this guy working for me in a heartbeat. But in this day and age of the lemming citizen being unable to protect its own country from traitors in order to preserve the Republic, quite possibly this is more of an exmaple of who we are becoming. Once he would be viewed as a hero. Today, after many years of conditioning their citizens to be wimps, he is considered a fool. Is it any wonder George W. Bush reduced this country to the rubble it has become? No ne held a vigil on his activities. The ones who did are seen as radicals. Congratulations young man. You are a hero. Now watch our court system give this robber probation.

yernogood-

#20 Aug 4, 2009
CharlesP wrote:
This is an example of how CORRUPT CORPORATE AMERICA HAS BECOME IN THE USA!
In ALL of the places that I have lived, THE POLICE WERE/ARE STILL CORRUPT, and no one does a thing to try and stopthis (exccept me)!
And when the corrupt cops want to FRAME someone, ALL CITIZENS/ COMPANIES JOIN IN THE CONSPIRACY TO RUIN THE HONEST PERSONS LIFE (think of the fact that ILLINOIS PUTS MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE INTo PRISON than ANY OTHER STATE for over 40 years)!!!
Most of these cities HAVE SECRET BLACKLISTS OF PEOPLE TO HARASS. The POLICE SEND THE LIES TO CORRPORATIONS/COMPANIES (in the old days using faxes) and companies will SH1T on THESE INNOCENT PEOPLE! They do see the need for EVIDENCE or a PUBLIC TRIAL!
One of the MOST corrupt places I have seen ARE THE WEALTHY NEIGHBORHOODS! Their neighborhood organizations ARE RAMPANT WITH FRAUD, THEFT, AND CORRUPTION. They think that they are NAZI DICTATORS (even if they are NOT WHITE), and TRY AND TELL ME THAT I CANNOT PARK IN THE STREET and ILLEGALY TRY AND HAVE MY CAR STOLEN BY A CROOKED TOWING COMPANY (they think they OWN PUBLIC STREETS)!!
Cops living in these neighborhoods OPENLY TAKE BRIBES TO COVER-UP TEEN AGE GANGS (everyone calls them "good kids". And RAPISTS can OPENLY live there,across the street from the cops, even though the rapists ARE BEING SEARCHED FOR BY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES (RAPISTS CAN PARK their car IN THE STREET WITHOUT BEING HARASSED, even though their LICENSE PLATE IS LONG EXPIRED).
NO ONE lifts a FINGER TO CLEAN UP SUCH COMMUNITIES, even though their residents are always refferred to as "Upstanding citizens in the community"! HAHAHAHAHA!! MY A$$, they are!
Be afraid, be very afraid..

yernogood-

#21 Aug 4, 2009
Chandler wrote:
Thisis all BS, and each of us know it. this guy deserves a medal for his bravery. Most of wouldn't do this. We'd just hand over the money and let them go. We'd leave it up to the inept police department to try and find the culprit who did the deed. Bank tellers take note. What this guy did was heroic. Heis to be honored by the city from which the event occurred. I hope he kicked the roobers a-- multiple times. If I were a robber, burglar, or whatever, and I had to choose between burglarzing the house that had no guns, and one with guns, the choice would be obvious, the ouse that had no defense. So here is a bank where the tellers just don't lay down like sheep in the pasture when they are startled. It is doubtful this bank will have a robber entering it anymore, after reading this story, if the teller was still employed. But what do these bank presidents do but fire the one who defended their honor and reputation by chasing down the one who robbed them. Riskin his life was his business. It is his life. I would want this guy working for me in a heartbeat. But in this day and age of the lemming citizen being unable to protect its own country from traitors in order to preserve the Republic, quite possibly this is more of an exmaple of who we are becoming. Once he would be viewed as a hero. Today, after many years of conditioning their citizens to be wimps, he is considered a fool. Is it any wonder George W. Bush reduced this country to the rubble it has become? No ne held a vigil on his activities. The ones who did are seen as radicals. Congratulations young man. You are a hero. Now watch our court system give this robber probation.
I’d give them the money and let them go; I’m not risking my life for someone else’s money and a place that just employs me 40 hours a week, a place that has no allegiance to me. I think this guy was a flat out asshole to chase down this robber and risk possibly being killed. For what? This guy is no hero he’s a zero. Those of you that will put yourself in harm’s way for your employers, well good for you maybe you’ll get an extra piece of chicken at the company picnic. Phuque that!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pike Place Market Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Kirkland (Dec '15) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 21
Saving!!! Discounted gift cards from various st... Oct '16 zyklon B giftgas 2
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Oct '16 zipperhead 16
News Contractors with Seattle Tunnel file $11M lawsuit Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Crane strikes power line, creates widespread ou... Jul '16 greymouser 4
News GOP conservatives scuttle spending bill over ga... (May '16) May '16 WasteWater 6
News We Saw You Harassing Women Outside the Library,... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Elise Gingerich 1

Pike Place Market Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pike Place Market Mortgages