Port Townsend ponders fate of Landfall Restaurant site; input from public missing

Dec 11, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Peninsula Daily News

Whether to demolish all or part of the former Landfall Restaurant building or spare the former military structure that dates back to the 1940s is part of the question before Port of Port Townsend commissioners.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Wade Crouch

Missoula, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

As you examine and decide what to do about the Landfall, I would respectfully make the following comment; my family is moving to the Port Townsend area because of the small, quaint local feel the town and surrounding area has. If we wanted a pikes place market in our town, we would move to Seattle. If we wanted lots of commercial development and same ol ugly new buildings, we could move to dozens of small towns along the coast that have been, in our opinion, ruined by development. We selected Port Townsend because it has not succombed to the development at all costs craze that has degraded so much of the US. And we sincerely hope it doesn't. So if you must replace the Landfall structure, please try to replace it with the feel and hominess of the site and town. For the small amount of funds it will take to renovate the exhisting building, that seems like a deal to us.
Good luck with you decision. Wade Crouch
grey poupon

Rochester, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Well, good sir, since you are moving there it must be a good place. I have decided that since you are going there that I shall gather my modest means and move there...... I will also notify my rich friends and buddies who have more boats and off road vehicles and loud motorcycles than they have sense to move there, also....... I feel with all that quiet, scenic beauty there will be few people to tell us what to do! Imagine the fresh morning and eveving air as our recreational vehicles are gassed up, roaring with life, and then we tear over the countryside. Ahhhh what a life!......... Thank you, sir, for providing me and my friends and relatives with a location to relax. Oh, I'm sure they will pass on to their friends and relatives the location, also.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent First Hill Discussions

Search the First Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bayside Barber Shop opens on Front Street Apr 6 Tim 1
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Mar 22 Musikologist 8
Driver Abandons SUV After Hitting Truck (Mar '08) Mar 20 Guess who 2
Tanya Rider's long, winding road to health and ... (Mar '11) Mar '14 Michael Scott 14
Review: Herban Therapies Day SPA Mar '14 nicspa 1
Friends and family of Amanda Knox await verdict (Dec '09) Feb '14 Sollecito 7
American student Amanda Knox's fate in hands of... (Dec '09) Feb '14 Sollecito 4
•••
•••

First Hill News Video

•••
•••

First Hill Jobs

•••
•••
•••

First Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••