Cobain's legacy still evolving 15 yea...

Cobain's legacy still evolving 15 years after suicide

There are 28 comments on the Stamford Advocate story from Apr 8, 2009, titled Cobain's legacy still evolving 15 years after suicide. In it, Stamford Advocate reports that:

Thousands of fans gathered at Seattle Center to mourn the death of Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stamford Advocate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stamford

United States

#1 Apr 8, 2009
It was a sad day and a great loss
Doc Rock

Milford, CT

#2 Apr 8, 2009
Stamford wrote:
It was a sad day and a great loss
You got that right.
Sahara

Baldwin, MD

#3 Apr 8, 2009
Sad day indeed, 15 yrs have passed and he is still admired,loved and missed by so many. They say Heaven must have one hell of a band and I'm sure Kurt is right there making music as only he can!
Van Halen

United States

#5 Apr 9, 2009
Who?
Woo Hoo

Bridgeport, CT

#6 Apr 9, 2009
Van Halen wrote:
Who?
YOU know, Kurt Cobain from Guns in Noses

“Go, Team Venture!!!”

Since: Feb 08

Seattle via NC via GA

#8 Apr 10, 2009
MadMike wrote:
Didnt he blow his brains out with a shotgun? Who gives a rat's tail about one less boozed and coked up rocker offing himself. No big loss here.
And meanwhile bands like Staind, Kid Rock or Three Doors Down, to name a few, are of redeeming merits?
Hot Soup

Bayonne, NJ

#9 Apr 10, 2009
His legacy should be "How drugs can destroy your life , your career, family and eventually your life and the ones around you. and not to be glorified in any way shape or form.
Now we cry

United States

#10 Apr 10, 2009
A fooked up drug addict gets these coments? This country really is fried.

Whats next pilgrimages to Memphis for the other doper?
Get a life you bunch of losers!
Hot Soup

Bayonne, NJ

#12 Apr 10, 2009
His life should be a lesson of not to do. from drugs alcohol abuse and risk of life I hope the young generations take a look at his sad life and not imitate it
Carlos

San Dimas, CA

#13 Apr 10, 2009
MadMike wrote:
Didnt he blow his brains out with a shotgun? Who gives a rat's tail about one less boozed and coked up rocker offing himself. No big loss here.
Wasn't he married to Courtney Love?
That probably was his motivation.
She is pretty scary.
Death, where is thy sting?
Hot Soup

Bayonne, NJ

#14 Apr 10, 2009
His life was an example of destruction and self loathe, What a pity that he let drugs abuse and alcohol ruined his life and the life of his daughter...!
Why cry now

United States

#17 Apr 10, 2009
Who cares about some drunk coke fiend? He's dead, get over it!

Whats next, pilgrimages to Graceland for the other doper?
crippled

Mount Sinai, NY

#18 Apr 11, 2009
madmike--you should do what kurt did!!!
Alex

North Brunswick, NJ

#19 Apr 12, 2009
nirvana was my favorite band as a kid. i had bought all their albums, listen to all their songs. I even bought their stupid live album the record label pulled out for profit only. They were a big inspiration growing up. i always wanted to see them in concert but was sadly disappointed when i found out kurt killed himself... 7 years earlier. i was only 14 i didnt care about being depressed and the over dramatic feeling as a pre teen kid when i was 7 or 6, how would i have known that i would really like this band and sing along like a drunk monkey or i would be the one that would sing along and dont know
what it mean ya dig.
Jess andraszek i love you, always
Alex

North Brunswick, NJ

#20 Apr 12, 2009
dork
Hot Soup wrote:
His life was an example of destruction and self loathe, What a pity that he let drugs abuse and alcohol ruined his life and the life of his daughter...!
Tequila Tommy

Berne, NY

#21 Apr 14, 2009
At least nobody has trotted out the lame "Courtney killed him!" nonsense -- yet.
Frances C

Port Washington, NY

#22 Apr 14, 2009
Yes, Frances C. is my REAL name!
It was my 18th birthday on April 8th 1994 the day the world learned of Kurdt's death.
After school I called 95.9 The Fox in E.Norwalk w/my BFF Katie on 3 way to request a Bday tune & we were told of his suicide. We did not believe him! I ran to turn on MTV & there was Kurt Loder..
I went to Katie's that night & we watched MTV ALL weekend. ANY & EVERY thing Kurdt & Nirvana were in showed up on MTV.
We also went to NYC on Earth Day (April 21) & saw the Meat Puppets play a FREE show in South Street Seaport & moshed & had a blast!
They played Nirvana tunes & the tunes they played on Unplugged together & of course their tune Backwater.
It was so intense..An awesum memorial if I do say so myself.
Even now I am in awe of his raw talent & am waiting for the worlds next visionary.
I think these ppl who say Courtney killed him or had him killed need to be beaten senseless cuz they lost their common sense!
Anyone who has been hooked on dope knows that an advanced habit such as Kurdt's takes a lot of dope to maintain.
Ppl say it was impossible to stand up after shooting ALL the dope he did that day (April 5th) Well, that is telling you the amount in his body NOT the strength of the dope in his body.
I have done lots of it when it was weaker than usual.
In the end Kurdt's personal dealers were NOT selling to him. They did not want to be the one who killed one of the worlds best grunge/rock guitar player/musician.
He HAD to score on the street or through other junkies.
Needless to say we lost a talented, wonderful man that dark day.
I am imagining the music to come, the art work even.
SO much untapped raw talent & potential gone to waste!
Dark,deep depression & addiction WILL do it to you every time!
Frances C

Port Washington, NY

#23 Apr 14, 2009
Tequila Tommy wrote:
At least nobody has trotted out the lame "Courtney killed him!" nonsense -- yet.
I mentioned that in my post too..lolz..
those ppl are to busy researching his murder to come on here to post more of their inane ideas
Frances C

Port Washington, NY

#24 Apr 14, 2009
Why cry now wrote:
Who cares about some drunk coke fiend? He's dead, get over it!
Whats next, pilgrimages to Graceland for the other doper?
Uhm..He was not a drunk nor a coke fiend..Who are you thinking about? Yourself?
Frances C

Port Washington, NY

#25 Apr 14, 2009
WOW! Not one person here even knows who he was! One kid still thought he was alive & the rest got him confused with another artist, Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon perhaps?
Sorry Kurdt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

First Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ANR ABF Relationships in Kirkland (Jul '12) Dec 3 BreastWhorship 16
Male looking for ABF/ ANR for short term in Red... Nov 26 Batman 1
Any Woman looking for a ANR ABF connection? (Jul '12) Nov 18 James 5
News David Duvall presents 'The Kanreki Concert' A b... Nov 11 tina 1
White Center 16th Ave Oct '17 Curious George 123 1
News Charge: Man exposed himself at White Center lib... Oct '17 Jules 1
News Seattle mayor to deliver state-of-the-city addr... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Bill Phillips 6

First Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

First Hill Mortgages