Seattle Center Fun Forest Amusement P...

Seattle Center Fun Forest Amusement Park is Closing This Year

There are 7 comments on the Associated Content story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Seattle Center Fun Forest Amusement Park is Closing This Year. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Will Anyone Miss Fun Forest or Will it Merely Be Goodbye and Good Riddance? The clock is ticking on Fun Forest Amusement Park in the Seattle Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

Kiki

Bellevue, WA

#1 Oct 9, 2009
Actually for all of you who care enough to read this even if you dont listen up. I work at the fun forest and I think that they need to keep us open. I am a student and i need this job desperately. It may not pay much but in today economy what can i really say. I am upset this puts out of a job and i have to pay rent and tuition. I can tell you that we get soooo busy sometimes so forget all that rumors.
crystalmeowmeow

United States

#2 Jan 22, 2010
I love fun forest! I live in pdx but have been visiting since I was a teen.. a long time. Its sux to hear about the closure. Oh well @least there's memories ;)
Sione

United States

#3 Mar 3, 2010
The closing of Fun Forest will eliminate a lot of part-time, summer, and no-experience necessary jobs that have been ideal for high schoolers, unskilled workers of all kinds, and others who had trouble finding work elsewhere. Unfortunately, I think many will have hard times finding new work opportunities, especially in this economy.

Also, the amusement park is a dying breed. Fun Forest got a new lease on life, albeit only a one-year one, but once it's gone, almost certainly no other amusement park will EVER be able to get enough land space to operate near downtown Seattle again, outside of traveling to mall parking lots. Maybe a Paul Allen could pull it off with private funding, but it's unlikely and sad to see the end of the last one.
Dino

Issaquah, WA

#4 Mar 4, 2010
Sione wrote:
The closing of Fun Forest will eliminate a lot of part-time, summer, and no-experience necessary jobs that have been ideal for high schoolers, unskilled workers of all kinds, and others who had trouble finding work elsewhere. Unfortunately, I think many will have hard times finding new work opportunities, especially in this economy.
Also, the amusement park is a dying breed. Fun Forest got new lease on life, albeit only a one-year one, but once it's gone, almost certainly no other amusement park will EVER be able to get enough land space to operate near downtown Seattle again, outside of traveling to mall parking lots. Maybe a Paul Allen could pull it off with private funding, but it's unlikely and sad to see the end of the last one.
There was not enough entertainment or amusement to call Seattle Center, a amusement park. Heck, I have a hard time calling Wild Waves in Federal Way a water park or an amusement park. Seattle Center was only a small fair type organization that was run year round. As for jobs, there are plenty of jobs in that area for the high school/college age people. One only has to look.

BTW...I'm a transplant so I don't have the connection as some. I can see why people would feel this is a great lose but jobs? Come on...open your eyes and don't be judgemental on the type of labor you want to give. Look at the endgame...the paycheck.
Taeya

Auburn, WA

#5 Jul 1, 2010
Dino wrote:
<quoted text>
There was not enough entertainment or amusement to call Seattle Center, a amusement park. Heck, I have a hard time calling Wild Waves in Federal Way a water park or an amusement park. Seattle Center was only a small fair type organization that was run year round. As for jobs, there are plenty of jobs in that area for the high school/college age people. One only has to look.
BTW...I'm a transplant so I don't have the connection as some. I can see why people would feel this is a great lose but jobs? Come on...open your eyes and don't be judgemental on the type of labor you want to give. Look at the endgame...the paycheck.
I am a junior in college, and I am currently working at the Fun Forest for the summer. I applied for a bunch of other jobs, but this is the only one that responded to my application. Several other people I work with had the same problem. I think it's mostly just difficult to find jobs that are willing to train you, only to have you leave for school after a few months. It's virtually a full-time job, so for those of us returning to school, we don't really have the option to keep working there past the summer.
And while the Fun Forest may not be much of an amusement park, I was incredibly surprised to see how much the kids were enjoying themselves on the tiny rides. I know it's not going to stay in Seattle, but I say keep it for the kids :)
Melanie

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jul 6, 2010
I take my son there and he loves it. It is inexpensive and he has a blast it is one of the funnest places for me to take him. If they close it he will be very sad
Mike

Wassenaar, Netherlands

#8 Mar 24, 2012
I'm really going to miss it. I have been going there since I was 14 and that is a long time ago. Took my kids there and they loved it too. When I heard it was closing, besides being sad, I thought of all the lost employment opportunities, as well as all of the lost future memories. Sure wish there were a way to avoid the closure. Was looking forward to taking grand kids (don't have any yet) there someday. Don't think there will ever be another place like it in downtown Seattle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

First Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Creepy or cozy? Cuddle club opens in Seattle May 20 DILF 13
News 'Daughters of the Samurai': between Japan and A... May 17 Ainu 5
News Hundreds [~1500] call for Jewish solidarity: Ha... (Jan '09) Apr '15 lavon affair 3
ANR ABF Relationships in Kirkland (Jul '12) Mar '15 ANRReal 11
News Stunning photos show inside of customized Boein... Feb '15 hermansa 1
News Tanya Rider's long, winding road to health and ... (Mar '11) Feb '15 bitcoin5 19
need a mailman 3usd per lb. seattle Feb '15 bitcoin5 1
More from around the web

First Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]