Italian Jury Convicts U.S. College Student of Murder

A jury has convicted American college student Amanda Knox of murdering her British roommate and sentenced her to 26 years in prison while her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito was sentenced to 25 years. Full Story
Anonymous

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2009
I've been following this case for some time and I think language has gotten in the way of this girl being given a fair trial. If you read all the stories that have been written about this its clear that italian translators don't always translate customary American sayings for their true meanings. Very often they translate them literaly losing the true meaning entirely. I mean she might be guilty or she might be innocent, its hard to figure with the confusing nature of this italian court. A lot of what the prosecution has placed its case on is not hard evidence but theories and opinions and how does that translate into a fair trial.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Dec 4, 2009
I just watched a video in which she was speaking fluent Italian. The reporter said that she speaks fluent Italian. I also followed this case. She started out by lying, and knew facts about the crime that the police hadn't made public. Also her behavior when she was held for questioning was bazaar--cartwheels, handstands at the police station. I'm thinking the verdict was correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

First Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Wash. man sentenced in Social Security case (Jan '14) Dec 20 Sunshine Jacqueline 3
Tanya Rider's long, winding road to health and ... (Mar '11) Dec 9 Flaca 17
Mercer Island Garage Door Repair Nov '14 Courtney Galler 2
ANR ABF Relationships in Kirkland (Jul '12) Nov '14 lisasuzanne 10
anyone know people from rockwood tn Nov '14 foolishynlove 1
Major-league fun beckons in Seattle Nov '14 gum wall is gross 1
Follow these tips in Emerald City Nov '14 gross 1

First Hill News Video

Seattle Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

First Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE