Who pays for war wounds?

Who pays for war wounds?

There are 181 comments on the www.thenewstribune.com story from Mar 17, 2009, titled Who pays for war wounds? . In it, www.thenewstribune.com reports that:

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration is considering making veterans use private insurance to pay for treatment of combat and service-related injuries.

The plan would be an about-face on what veterans believe is a longstanding pledge to pay for health care costs that result from their military service.

But in a White House meeting Monday, veterans groups apparently failed to persuade President Barack Obama to take the plan off the table.

“Veterans of all generations agree that this proposal is bad for the country and bad for veterans,” said Paul Rieckhoff, executive director of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America. “If the president and the OMB (Office of Management and Budget) want to cut costs, they can start at AIG, not the VA.”

Under current policy, veterans are responsible for health care costs that are unrelated to their military service. Exceptions in some cases can be made for veterans without private insurance or who are 100 percent disabled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thenewstribune.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
george burnett

#186 Apr 6, 2009
wyojake wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a thought ... we spend more on defense than the entire rest of the world combined. What are we getting for that expenditure? Please don't tell me world peace or being safe from attack.
i am ok with having and paying for the troops.we whould equip them carefully and appropriately with the best weapons.we should be prepared to break things and kill people when absolutely necessary.i don't recommend spending any money on "nation building".AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST,SOMETIMES WE SHOULD JUST MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

First Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Kirkland (Dec '15) Oct 20 Go Blue Forever 21
Saving!!! Discounted gift cards from various st... Oct 19 zyklon B giftgas 2
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Oct 6 zipperhead 16
News Continue reading this blog post (Mar '16) Mar '16 Elizabeth 3
News West Seattle Art Walk tonight! And more for the... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Elizabeth 1
News West Seattle Saturday: 14 possibilities, plus V... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Gingerich 1
News Disney's Beauty and the Beast Returning to Seat... (Nov '15) Nov '15 yes 1

First Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

First Hill Mortgages