Seattle mayor fighting to hold onto h...

Seattle mayor fighting to hold onto his job

There are 5 comments on the Evening Sun story from Aug 20, 2009, titled Seattle mayor fighting to hold onto his job. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels has been hailed as a visionary and a leader on environmental issues, helping persuade nearly 1,000 mayors around the country to abide by the standards of the Kyoto Protocol on global warming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Omari Tahir-Garrett

Sequim, WA

#1 Sep 13, 2009
I ran against then Mayor Paul Schell in 2001 when the fake Greg Nickels won. We had extensive conversation on the campaign trail.He really is two faced and speaks with a "FORKED TONGUE" .I agin ran against him in 2005 when he along with his co-conspirators unlawfully had my name removed from the ballot without due process "FAILURE TO SERVE ME WITH LEGAL PAPERS SO I COULD APPEAR IN COURT". In 2009 my son Kwame WYKING Garrett. ran against him and expose him and his criminal son(was convicted in federal court). Yes Mr Nickles made history. He is the first Seatle Mayor to be opposed by a father and son. Fortunately for Seattle Mayor Nicles met the same fate in this years primary that his predecesor then Mayor Paul Schell of "WTO" fame tasted. Nickles was very happy when Mayor Schell los in the primary not knowing the same fate awaited him in this years primary? Like most of his fellow organized crime figures. You need to do your research before you pick a "LAME HORSE".
FORMER US SENATE CANDIDATE, Omari Tahir-Garrett
Doug

Seattle, WA

#2 Sep 16, 2009
I didn't vote for Mayor Nickles in the primary, nor would I in Nov.

I hate the way Seattle is turning more and more into a City for the rich, with the excessive building of condominiums; and to much traffic in downtown Seattle, therefore too much motor vehicle pollution; housing costs, and rents are obscene.

We need housing and rental units that are affordable for Senior Citizens on low fixed incomes; and more housing for single/couples earning minimum wage.

The most foolish thing I've seen in regards to housing are the overpriced condos built on Broadway across from Seattle Central Community College!

Why wasn't this developed as student housing; and/or housing for low to moderate income individuals and families?

We have to many condos on Capital Hill and around Seattle!
clearwater

Seattle, WA

#3 Oct 11, 2009
this guy is so bad that he will probably end up in dc like gary locke and the rest of the criminals.

ballard is so over populated that it Realy should be against the law; Seriously! condos going up on every block; i mean Every. the streets are so over crowded we have to take turns going down a side road as it's too narrow for two vehicles at the same time and forget pulling out into traffic without risking your life (too many parked cars to see around)! what do they do? make the streets more narrow for bike lanes!!!
gregwired and nickels are scumbags and a blight on the city of Seattle.
then of course; being a sancturary city, most every job and every other person is filled with illegal aliens and their anchors.

Scumbag city destroyers.
clearwater

Seattle, WA

#4 Oct 11, 2009
clearwater wrote:
this guy is so bad that he will probably end up in dc like gary locke and the rest of the criminals.
ballard is so over populated that it Realy should be against the law; Seriously! condos going up on every block; i mean Every. the streets are so over crowded we have to take turns going down a side road as it's too narrow for two vehicles at the same time and forget pulling out into traffic without risking your life (too many parked cars to see around)! what do they do? make the streets more narrow for bike lanes!!!
gregwired and nickels are scumbags and a blight on the city of Seattle.
then of course; being a sancturary city, most every job and every other person is filled with illegal aliens and their anchors.
Scumbag city destroyers.
bump
Diesel

Seattle, WA

#5 Oct 17, 2009
Seattle is a city lost in its own ego and self righteousness. The fabric of this surreal landscape consists of everything from angry nazi-bicyclists: subaru driving elitists, smart car driving uber-elitists, and hybrid driving mini-hitlers who run the line similar to what would be the "made man" in the eco-nazi home terrorist group.

So its not amazing to me at all that the government of this presumptuous state has not backbone nor any real amazing goals (see seattle light rail for a good laugh).

Eastern washington would be better off on its own-leaving seattle to do drive buys with expensive starbucks coffee and discounts on feminine razors that never sell.

It doesnt matter who runs this city-it eats its young. The liberal faction is beyond repair because somehow people have equated citizen born terrorism and WTO protests-to entertainment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

First Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Daughters of the Samurai': between Japan and A... Jun 30 Ainu 7
News Creepy or cozy? Cuddle club opens in Seattle Jun 25 ghostwriter33 14
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun 22 Musikologist 11
News New communities judged "bicycle-friendly"; 4 in... Jun 15 Will Dockery 1
Where is Brentt Streeter buried ? Jun '15 Brian Williams 2
News Hundreds [~1500] call for Jewish solidarity: Ha... (Jan '09) Apr '15 lavon affair 3
ANR ABF Relationships in Kirkland (Jul '12) Mar '15 ANRReal 11
More from around the web

First Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

First Hill Mortgages