Jess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

Today at around 12:30pm, there was the loudest jet noise I have ever heard over my apartment In the Overlake area. The first time it was loud and sounded similar to when the Blue Angels were practicing a couple weeks ago. They then must have circled back around, because 5 minutes later it was the loudest noise I have heard in my life and I seriously thought a jet or airplane must have been ready to crash into our apartment. Does anyone know what is going on??
Mia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

I heard it too!!! And my boyfriend & I saw the ODDEST thing a few weeks ago - we saw what looked to be a HUGE aircraft carrier or jet fighter passing LOW in our area. It was just sailing past and then it disappeared! We literally blinked and it was gone!

So odd, right?
Jess

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Thanks Mia, glad to know I am not the only one who found the sound exceptionally loud and unusual! I am still wondering what it was!

I actually read something a few weeks ago about the military practicing in areas that were no-fly zones, so they appeared exceptionally low and people heard what they called "sonic booms", especially in W. Seattle, and called 911, etc. so I am thinking that may be what you saw (especially if it was super loud). This happened I believe about 3-4 weeks ago. I am almost glad I did not see that, or I would have probably freaked haha!
Mia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

I read about those as well. How can there be so few of us talking/writing about this?
Jess

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

I know! My apts alone have thousands of people lol and with how loud it was, it had to have been heard in nearby Crossroads area, which has TONS of people between the apts and mall. I cannot imagine that it wasn't written about on any local news sites, yet I have not found anything about it. Crazy! I seriously dove under the covers (was in bed sick), as did my dog haha, as I really thought it sounded like an airplane or jet was going to crash into our apt and I had no desire to watch it happen lol - that is how loud it was in my home - so it just amazes me that nobody else is writing on here! Well, glad I was not the only one to hear it and thankful everyone was safe regardless of what it was. If you find out anything, please do be sure to post and update it on here :) I will do the same :)
Olaf of the Old Dominion

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

So how do you people of Washington feel about all that jet noise controversy surrounding Naval Air Auxillory Landing Field Fentress, Naval Air Station Oceana and Chesapeake Regional Airport!?
Dave

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

A couple days ago,( Tuesday August 13,2013), in Port Orchard WA, a military C-130 flew directly over my house @ an approx. 250-300 ft. off the deck/ground, friends/neighbors and many people in Port Orchard witnessed this extremely low-fly-over. I remember the days when our military use to operate within the realm of "common-sense",...it would take only 1 terrorist Nut to shoot an RPG (Rocket-Propelled-Grenade) and cause harm/damage to low-flying military aircraft. These low-fly-over not only put military personnel & equipment in harms-way, this is also a danger to the Citizens, as there are many more crash incidents during low-fly operations. For you people who have not witnessed these low-fly-overs, check-out You-Tube and watch the Florida Highway low-fly incident and the Texas low-fly incident, also, the Port Angeles Washington incident...**Interestingly, Local Military Commanders/Officials went to Port Angeles WA and **Apologized to the Community Leaders & the Citizens for not informing the Community/Leaders & Citizens that the military would be performing low-fly operations late at night. Again, in my humble opinion, and in this age of the current threat of terrorism, and the fact that Our nation has experienced terrorist attacks, it is absolutely ridiculous for the US military to engage in low-flying over heavily populated areas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Eastlake News Video

•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Eastlake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Eastlake People Search