Razing Seattle's viaduct doesn't guar...

Razing Seattle's viaduct doesn't guarantee nightmare commutes, model says

There are 1 comment on the Science Daily story from May 11, 2011, titled Razing Seattle's viaduct doesn't guarantee nightmare commutes, model says. In it, Science Daily reports that:

Drilling a deep-bore tunnel and building an underground highway is estimated to cost around $4 billion, but some worry the final price could be higher, as it was for Boston's infamous Big Dig.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Science Daily.

Re-Joyce

Seattle, WA

#1 May 11, 2011
All these guys are doing is giving science a bad name. Anyone who lives in Seattle knows what a croc this is. Does anyone who lives north of downtown really think a trip to SeaTac airport or West Seattle is only going to take 6-10 minutes longer without the viaduct or a tunnel? Maybe at the peak of rush hour, but I seriously doubt that, too. It looks like this study is only considering commute time for people during rush hour getting to work. I cannot believe it is considering travel times during the other 16-18 hours of the day. That or this is another one of those agenda studies done by the green nazis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Daughters of the Samurai': between Japan and A... Jul 29 Ainu 19
cemetrix inc. (May '14) Jul 22 tarugo 3
News Thieves steal dog, but not owner's determinatio... Jul 13 Frances K 1
Throwing knives in backyard Jul 11 veeduber 1
News Creepy or cozy? Cuddle club opens in Seattle Jul 6 Crystal_Clear722 16
Mercer Island Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun '15 Musikologist 11
News New communities judged "bicycle-friendly"; 4 in... Jun '15 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Downtown Mortgages