CHS Pictures: Arco/BP 'Day 50' protest on Capitol Hill

Jun 9, 2010 Full story: Capitol Hill Blog 6

Roughly 70 protesters gathered in Cal Anderson Park before marching down Broadway to Pine on Seattle Central Community College's campus Tuesday night.

Full Story
sarah

Seattle, WA

#1 Jun 9, 2010
I attended the protest with my daughter last night. I explained to her about the spill and how it effects her generation to come. She wanted to do something, i thought it would be good to let her express herself in a non violent manner and to let her walk. She walked for her future generations she walked for her uncle in New Orleans suffering, she walked for all the wildlife that have died and suffereing and im so proud of her.
What im not so proud of is the lack of people that attended the rally. I think we have forgotten our voices and our rights as human beings. If a 5 yr old can do something why cant others?
Janis

Seattle, WA

#2 Jun 9, 2010
sarah wrote:
I attended the protest with my daughter last night. I explained to her about the spill and how it effects her generation to come. She wanted to do something, i thought it would be good to let her express herself in a non violent manner and to let her walk. She walked for her future generations she walked for her uncle in New Orleans suffering, she walked for all the wildlife that have died and suffereing and im so proud of her.
What im not so proud of is the lack of people that attended the rally. I think we have forgotten our voices and our rights as human beings. If a 5 yr old can do something why cant others?
I though you might like to read this.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/evidence-points-t...
Tony1982

Seattle, WA

#3 Jun 9, 2010
Well put, Sarah. I didn't know about the rally. Thank you for pointing out the ramifications of this spill, so many "common sense" conservatives want to avoid this ugly truth.

Real individuals with even half a brain know better, and understand that this mess is going to take decades to clean up.
grammy from Poughkeepsie

Seattle, WA

#4 Jun 9, 2010
sarah wrote:
Some people are just too cool for their own (and the rest of the planet's) good. Your daughter knows the score - not through years of study but through sensing right from wrong...
grammy from Poughkeepsie

Seattle, WA

#5 Jun 9, 2010
I've been amazed by the hostility coming from some people towards the marchers yesterday. The only thing to be hostile about is how our lawmakers allowed BP the freedom to destroy part of our natural resources (our children's legacy) for money and influence -mongering. Also how few pwople cared enough to attend even with a catastrophe of this proportion!!!!
Frances Bridges

Glebe, Australia

#6 Jun 11, 2010
AI am the grandmother of Sacha the 5 year old daughter with her mother and grandmother who were protesting against BP. I am so proud of them for rising up and protesting. So many people are sleeping in the light because they are so comfortable and they think as they say in Australia. "She'll be right mate". She won't be right. God has given us this beautiful planet to rein and have domain over and by protesting and marching our voices have to be heard. Too long have we allowed these multinationals to rein and dominate our planet thru. I pray that God will shake us up more and more to make the change. United we stand divided we fall.
Famous last words. DON'T GIVE UP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mercer Island Garage Door Repair Nov 21 Courtney Galler 2
ANR ABF Relationships in Kirkland (Jul '12) Nov 15 lisasuzanne 10
anyone know people from rockwood tn Nov 11 foolishynlove 1
'Gayborhoods' fade with growing acceptance of LGBT Nov 7 Homo Erectus 101
Magnitude 6.7 quake off British Columbia coast Nov 6 Greg 1
Eight Stranger Writers Race Across Town at Rush... Nov 6 gum wall is gross 1
Major-league fun beckons in Seattle Nov 6 gum wall is gross 1

Flood Warning for King County was issued at November 23 at 11:28AM PST

Downtown News Video

Seattle Dating