Scientology reaches out to make city drug-free

Jan 29, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Queen Anne & Magnolia News

The overall Church of Scientology organization partners with Drug Free World, an independent nonprofit, according to Ann Pearce, the Queen Anne church's reverend and spokesperson.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Sue Riexinger

Albion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

I thought Hubbards said Drugs were involved in The church Long ago!!!they want auditing money. is all thats about. MY OPINION .
Sue Riexinger

Albion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

rds Own said Drugs were involved Years ago.?? They want the Money themselves insteadof you getting any Medical help from Doctors Or the would not make all the Money for THEIR CURE...AUDITNG ..??? MY OPINION..??
Sue Riexinger

Albion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Ron's own son Or Grandson said this..When he himself was involved. Long Time ago. Its Always about the Money & Power...>
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

New Hope, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Scientology is a dangerous cult and civic authorities should not cooperate with them in any way!

“I am AKA Polly ”

Since: Jun 08

Helatrobus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Scientology's drug prevention program is bogus. Hence, why it has been banned by many schools.
http://www.holysmoke.org/narconon/narconon-ba...
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Narconon-b...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

It's extreme, but so are the potential dangers of addiction.
Scientologists have had numerous successes with getting and keeping addicts clean. But, they have also had numerous rumors of deaths from their programs.

“I am AKA Polly ”

Helatrobus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Judged:

Xcetera wrote:
Scientologists have had numerous successes with getting and keeping addicts clean
Rubbish! anecdotal evidence is easy to present but harder to establish. Scientology kills, period

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Gold Mask wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish! anecdotal evidence is easy to present but harder to establish. Scientology kills, period
Keep your hat on, I believe you. I also said ...and there have been numerous death rumors too.
I have met people who claim to have become clean by this method, but haven't met any who have died. Tho, I have heard enough, anecdotal yes but I believe genuine, people who have spoken of those they have known who have died as a result of these 'treatment' programs. Obviously this is bad and the unacceptability part is added to because they are not 'open' about these death risks,...and of course there is the whole indoctrination aspect.
To balance this out tho, I want to point out that Any drug detox holds risks, and fatalities are not unheard of.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Sue Riexinger wrote:
rds Own said Drugs were involved Years ago.?? They want the Money themselves insteadof you getting any Medical help from Doctors Or the would not make all the Money for THEIR CURE...AUDITNG ..??? MY OPINION..??
I agree. At the end of the day it's all about money.
They want to establish themselves as a religion. In a way they are going the right way about it, as the established churches of Europe did in the past ...accumulate masses of wealth at the expense of the followers.
If they had any genuine altruism in their beliefs they would offer their 'cures' and 'auditing' free of charge to those in need, without having to pay the money back. Perhaps it's as well they don't tho.
Having said that, doctors and particularly drug companies are very money orientated too. The 'medical model' of health-care is still very much in predominance.

“I am AKA Polly ”

Helatrobus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Xcetera wrote:
Keep your hat on, I believe you. I also said ...and there have been numerous death rumors too.
Oh, so the deaths are "rumors"?

Again, RUBBISH

https://www.google.com.au/#q=narconon+deaths
Xcetera wrote:
I have met people who claim to have become clean by this method,
Anecdotal accounts are useless with regard to quantified science. Hence why, Scientology's 'Clear Body Clear Mind(what scientology drug rehab is based upon) has nothing of the way of scientific data and just pages of initialed anecdotals

Xcetera wrote:
but haven't met any who have died.
Funny that, after people that have died due to scientology/narCONon cant speak *after* dying
Xcetera wrote:
Tho, I have heard enough, anecdotal yes but I believe genuine,
Again, anyone can make a claim of somethings efficiency. That is why there can never be SCIENCE in scientology
Xcetera wrote:
Obviously this is bad and the unacceptability part is added to because they are not 'open' about these death risks,...and of course there is the whole indoctrination aspect.
They blatantly lie! I think maybe you should do some research into the ongoing investigations involving fraud, multiple deaths, staff procuring sex for drugs at narCONon centres
Xcetera wrote:
To balance this out tho, I want to point out that Any drug detox holds risks, and fatalities are not unheard of.
I'd be interested what other "drug detox" involves poisonous amounts of niacin being administered in conjunction of sitting in a sauna for hours on end. I'd also be interested in links to "other" detox's deaths that can be attributable directly to them

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Xcetera wrote:
I'm not actually disputing those deaths. I believe them, personally. I felt I had to say rumors as no official [legal] accusations have been made which makes it bordering on libel.
Deaths from detox do occur by all methods. Not a high percentage but certainly significant enough. Direct attributability is difficult as often the patient has many other contributing factors. For examples, some may be in a weakened state of health resulting in stroke, heart failure etc. Some may have immunity issues, multiple addictions or toxic reactions, etc.
I can't get this post to show up with the links I used. So, had to delete the links. You can search engine them yourself I'm sure. Psychology today was one website...

“I am AKA Polly ”

Helatrobus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Xcetera wrote:
I felt I had to say rumors as no official [legal] accusations have been made which makes it bordering on libel.
Again, do some objective research and see multiple lawsuits for multiple deaths at narCONon. I wont bother posting any more links, as I obviously don't even look at their contents

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Downtown News Video

•••
•••

Downtown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Downtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••