Outside City Hall | City budget for 2013 not all city leaders say it is

Jan 1, 2013 Full story: Madison Park Times

It's budget time at City Hall again. While city general fund revenues now are at about $950 million - up 3 percent from last year - the increase is only enough to cover inflation.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Jan 1, 2013
It's worse than that, much of our city's publicly operated projects are wasting even more money than we even get reports of. Our necessary programs, made so because the city screwed up, are hemorrhaging money at the administration level. Where it costs only $5 a meal for a homeless person, the administration charges $20 for "other fees," $15 per person, per meal, that's nothing but profit .... for a non-profit, when it's operated by the city. Then many of the privately operated non-profits are getting subsidies while excluding individuals for any reason, turn away someone who needs clothing and they still charge the city for that person.

Hospitals and other medical clinics are waiting until everything becomes a life threatening emergency, which if they live costs 10 to 100 times more to pay for the care, if they die it's even more money wasted. If a patient is unable to pay their bills the hospitals and clinics double or even triple the cost before the city/state pays it, and that's after giving the patient a week to pay in full, so even if the patient paid for part of it already, the city pays the entire bill anyway.

City and county run mental health will hospitalize anyone they can, which garners huge profits for the hospital because if it is not voluntary the city/county pays for it, and the bills run past the thousands in each case. Most cases of involuntary hospitalization are fraudulent as well, the county psychs are utilizing the already known psychiatric bias and the medical facilities are willing to lie to get the profits in any way possible.

That's just the beginning of the mess here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Sep 22 Go Blue Forever 719
'Gayborhoods' fade with growing acceptance of LGBT Sep 2 Belle Sexton 17
Megapastor's Own Ministers Accuse Him Of Creati... Aug '14 Skeptic 1
Seattle prelate is early prospect for Episcopal... Jul '14 Listen to the Word 1
Catholic Bishops Set to Lobby Lawmakers on Immi... May '14 spud 3
Sketch: Cascades Crusader - James Munly, a driv... Apr '14 Bill Pritchard 1
25 Top Travelers' Choice Destinations Apr '14 John Shatzalot 7

Downtown News Video

Seattle Dating
Find my Match

Downtown Jobs

Downtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE