Beachgoers warned to stay away from sick sea lion

There are 2 comments on the KVAL-TV Eugene story from Oct 9, 2009, titled Beachgoers warned to stay away from sick sea lion. In it, KVAL-TV Eugene reports that:

SEASIDE, Ore. Residents are outraged that no one has come to help a sick sea lion that has suffered for more than a week on the beach, but experts said Thursday there's nothing anyone can or should do.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVAL-TV Eugene.

Cherry

Scottsbluff, NE

#1 Oct 12, 2009
If this were a cat or dog or any other animal, someone would step in. He/she has the will to survive. If it wanted to die alone, it wouldn't have wound up on a public beach. A little help either way wouldn't hurt anything.
hcd

Portland, OR

#2 Apr 20, 2010
i wonder if this was the same sea lion that there were pieces/remains of it out by the cove a couple months ago, i asked if they were going to clean it up off the beach and they said they were letting nature take its course...however if it was a sick sea lion and just sitting around decaying on the beach, could that not get people if they were unknowingly around it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
footballs season (Oct '14) 7 hr Nice Guy 25
News Punk, Rotten & Nasty (Jan '08) Tue Welcome2Oregon 6
Friendly Computer Repair Portland Managed Services May 4 pete 1
morgellons disease (Aug '10) May 4 Melissa 70
Seaside Music Thread (May '12) May 3 Musikologist 15
News Three arrested on weapon and drug charges May 3 white man 1
how you hate oregon; let you count the ways (Feb '07) May 3 white man 2,364
More from around the web

Seaside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE