A Routine Traffic Stop Leads to Gunsh...

A Routine Traffic Stop Leads to Gunshots and Questions

There are 715 comments on the New York Times story from Jun 6, 2007, titled A Routine Traffic Stop Leads to Gunshots and Questions. In it, New York Times reports that:

“This is just unfathomable to me.”

John Kubasta has spent much of his life defying the notion that being permanently disabled means being permanently dependent on others. via New York Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Times.

Employment Supervisor

Pompano Beach, FL

#724 Mar 24, 2013
moved wrote:
<quoted text>I never had or want to have a 'gun' license. Did you know that I know this middle aged man whoooo had a fire arms license so he could Shoot A Gun? He went for it the same time his father went.... He also passed it the 1st time unlike his drivers license. Now, his father and him sat across from each other...ummmmmmm. I think his father had to go and have his fire arms license renewed after he Was Released From Jail!!!! This man was also on the slower-side....Now,,,why???? Why would parents do something like that??? As Gradma --who also was at one time jailed-- said....They Have No Brains..........
Ooooppppsssss I have a few number 3's for my image number.....That's devine....devine intervention.......
Divine intervention for your 3's, and you say the others have no brains? Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha...
moved

Toms River, NJ

#725 Apr 1, 2013
You do not believe in devine intervention??? It was Grandma who said that they had/have No Brains.
How is this middle age man doing anyway? Has he been going over the bridge to another town in order to 'get away' from a police car with a red flashing light?
His family claims that 'maybe?' he didn't understand what the light meant....Then how did he past his test? Wasn't that question on the quiz he took????? Ummmmmm
HaHa

Pompano Beach, FL

#726 Apr 1, 2013
moved wrote:
You do not believe in devine intervention??? It was Grandma who said that they had/have No Brains.
How is this middle age man doing anyway? Has he been going over the bridge to another town in order to 'get away' from a police car with a red flashing light?
His family claims that 'maybe?' he didn't understand what the light meant....Then how did he past his test? Wasn't that question on the quiz he took????? Ummmmmm
There's "divine" intervention, but no "devine" intervention, except for special ed. students like you, who are elementary school dropouts who fled to the ocean county swamps for survival. LOL
speed

Pompano Beach, FL

#729 Apr 10, 2013
moved wrote:
Sorry speed but I answered your question in another blog....That's dEvine! I'm just wondering if he still Hunts and Kills Animals since he was shot six times. Why didn't he stop because if someone told me to stop or else I'd be shot...I'd stop.... Why did he put his car in reverse that day???
Please STOP asking your dumb questions and get your brain out of REVERSE.
moved

United States

#730 Apr 14, 2013
PB FL is now speed....2 diff. personsssss......only in his/her mind.
Well what is so dumb about asking why didn't this middle age man stop? Did he think that his car was faster then a police car? Wasn't it on his driving test...to stop if a cop flashes red lights behind you? When his Father was a Cop ... well before being 'put off' the police force...would he have expected the person to stop? Enjoy our day.....because it's dEvine.....
moved

Pompano Beach, FL

#731 Apr 14, 2013
moved wrote:
PB FL is now speed....2 diff. personsssss......only in his/her mind.
Well what is so dumb about asking why didn't this middle age man stop? Did he think that his car was faster then a police car? Wasn't it on his driving test...to stop if a cop flashes red lights behind you? When his Father was a Cop ... well before being 'put off' the police force...would he have expected the person to stop? Enjoy our day.....because it's dEvine.....
You forgot to mention your ridiculous unlucky numbers, but you did manage to ask your repeatedly ridiculous questions. LOL
moved

United States

#732 Apr 21, 2013
I have this FL person very upsettttt. Id you failed to notice...we are on page 33....Devine numbers...wouldn't you say? Remember the wallet I found that belonged to a 'Chief' from another town??? Guess how many lifetime cards I got??? Could it of been three????? As he said...thank God you found it and not any of your family from 'up north'. As he said...it usually goes down generations straight onto the grandkids.....and......thank God for honest people like you.
How is this middle aged man doing anyway? Has he been in any more trouble or had any more problems? Does he still have a license to Hunt? Does he own a gun?
Magistrate

Pompano Beach, FL

#733 Apr 21, 2013
moved wrote:
I have this FL person very upsettttt. Id you failed to notice...we are on page 33....Devine numbers...wouldn't you say? Remember the wallet I found that belonged to a 'Chief' from another town??? Guess how many lifetime cards I got??? Could it of been three????? As he said...thank God you found it and not any of your family from 'up north'. As he said...it usually goes down generations straight onto the grandkids.....and......thank God for honest people like you.
How is this middle aged man doing anyway? Has he been in any more trouble or had any more problems? Does he still have a license to Hunt? Does he own a gun?
He has been doing very well since you have moved. He has a license to hunt, but is afraid to leave the house since the authorities informed him that you have jumped parole again. He does not have a gun, but has hired bodyguards and has taken out a protection order with the courts to make sure you cannot get anywhere near him. You have caused him great harm, and he will only feel safe when you are re-captured and returned, once again, to the prison's psycho ward.
moved

United States

#734 Apr 29, 2013
Fl person..wow...you sure seem to know an awful lot about jails... You must of known my Jail Bird Mother... Were you one of her 'whatevers'? They say that pigs stay close to each other in their pen.
Afraid of me? Naaaa I have a security clearance to go onto our three service-basis. Do you?
How do you know that this middle aged man turned in his 'hunting license'?
I'll tell you what????? I have a Sibling he should be afraid of. My sibling by Accident of course Shot his parents tenant and good friend in the back..... I think the story was that it hit a fence and bounced off of it and into his friend's back. I could remember being in school and having kids come up to me and tell me that my brother shot ....... and it wasn't an accident. I confronted my parents about it and they played it down....nothing was done about it because sibling's Daddy took care of things.....
And Oh-Yea...that RN remembers 'Daddy-Dearest' hiding under the bed during a sleep over.......God Bless
Magistrate

Pompano Beach, FL

#735 Apr 29, 2013
moved wrote:
Fl person..wow...you sure seem to know an awful lot about jails... You must of known my Jail Bird Mother... Were you one of her 'whatevers'? They say that pigs stay close to each other in their pen.
Afraid of me? Naaaa I have a security clearance to go onto our three service-basis. Do you?
How do you know that this middle aged man turned in his 'hunting license'?
I'll tell you what????? I have a Sibling he should be afraid of. My sibling by Accident of course Shot his parents tenant and good friend in the back..... I think the story was that it hit a fence and bounced off of it and into his friend's back. I could remember being in school and having kids come up to me and tell me that my brother shot ....... and it wasn't an accident. I confronted my parents about it and they played it down....nothing was done about it because sibling's Daddy took care of things.....
And Oh-Yea...that RN remembers 'Daddy-Dearest' hiding under the bed during a sleep over.......God Bless
You really need to return to the psycho ward as soon as possible. Your hallucinations are becoming more intense as you embarrass yourself and your psychotic family on the forums.
moved

United States

#736 May 8, 2013
Kim wrote:
I have know John since I was a little girl, he is the sweetest most harmless person you will ever meet. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. This should have never happend.
Why dont we ask Corzine what he thinks?
This is a travesty of justice!
Which Kimmy are you? There was one in a special education program...kind of 'real' slow. Then there was one who my mother was told...was sent to the 'nut house' by her own mother... Then the odd ball cousin....Which one????? Has this middle aged man been in any more trouble lately? Has anyone in his family been jailed, etc????? Just wondering. If my questions are answered I could stop asking.
Judge Kim

Pompano Beach, FL

#737 May 9, 2013
moved wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Kimmy are you? There was one in a special education program...kind of 'real' slow. Then there was one who my mother was told...was sent to the 'nut house' by her own mother... Then the odd ball cousin....Which one????? Has this middle aged man been in any more trouble lately? Has anyone in his family been jailed, etc????? Just wondering. If my questions are answered I could stop asking.
This middle aged man has been found innocent and has been in no more trouble lately. Everyone in your family has been jailed, but no one in his has been. You will never stop asking your dumb questions. You are guilty. Case closed.
moved

United States

#741 May 26, 2013
Ummm...What is so dumb about asking if and how many times has this middle aged man been in trouble? The last name and this new name of you Fl person...acts like you know this family.

Are you trying to be the Kimmy the gumpys mom said is Nuts and was sent to an institution...or are you the one that was a special needs child???

Forget about my Piggy Mother....a Real Mother doing what she enjoyed doing best. I have a sibling that ended up in the slammer just like her but for a longer amount of time. I understand sibling's offspring had/has the same problem....Ummmmm That's why I moved..to a decent neighborhood with decent people.
wicked ppl stink

Jersey City, NJ

#742 May 26, 2013
what a bunch of losers .
Native

Lakewood, NJ

#743 May 27, 2013
moved wrote:
Ummm...What is so dumb about asking if and how many times has this middle aged man been in trouble? The last name and this new name of you Fl person...acts like you know this family.
Are you trying to be the Kimmy the gumpys mom said is Nuts and was sent to an institution...or are you the one that was a special needs child???
Forget about my Piggy Mother....a Real Mother doing what she enjoyed doing best. I have a sibling that ended up in the slammer just like her but for a longer amount of time. I understand sibling's offspring had/has the same problem....Ummmmm That's why I moved..to a decent neighborhood with decent people.
Unfortunately, the once decent neighborhood with decent people now has lost its value, with indecent you infiltrating the now indecent neighborhood with your indecent tales of filth and lowlife family nonsense. Leave the area, Bad Bennie!
moved

United States

#745 Jun 2, 2013
Oh my between Lakewood and Fl what idiots...they do not even know that people who live by the Jersey Shore are not bennies... My indecent tales are True and I have people who were there as kids. Secrets need to be known in order for the ugly/bad to stop....

Yes...Kimmy's mother sent her to an institution and 'Smartie Pants' told all. Then again she was so used to her own family being Jailed...

Hss this man been Jailed since? Fl says no but claims not to know them at an earlir blog...That's like this person coming on the blog typing to me...."I don't know you" She wanted to know what part of that I didn't understand.....then months later types...."You father said......."..... As I told Mommy Dearest.....she was caught once again.... Maybe that's why her husband beats on her all the time.....
moved

United States

#746 Jun 16, 2013
Why do people think they can out-run the police? I wonder why this middle aged man did not stop....
Ura Phoul

Lakewood, NJ

#748 Jul 3, 2013
moved wrote:
Why do people think they can out-run the police? I wonder why this middle aged man did not stop....
It's because mental illness runs in your family.
moved

United States

#749 Jul 5, 2013
Wow...Lakewood is back! My family? Yea, I have a sibling whoooo by accident of course Shot his friend in the back .... remember now it was an accident.....that is what he said.....Daddy made sure of it! He was a teen at the time. Talk about a Phoul...Uhhhhh. He ended up being Jailed for Other Things he did....Oh well--so did his Mother.... That's why I moved.....

Ooppppssss two of my favorite numbers came up....6/3 that's devine....devine intervention?? Naaaa just devine.
speed

United States

#750 Jul 13, 2013
moved wrote:
Wow...Lakewood is back! My family? Yea, I have a sibling whoooo by accident of course Shot his friend in the back .... remember now it was an accident.....that is what he said.....Daddy made sure of it! He was a teen at the time. Talk about a Phoul...Uhhhhh. He ended up being Jailed for Other Things he did....Oh well--so did his Mother.... That's why I moved.....
Ooppppssss two of my favorite numbers came up....6/3 that's devine....devine intervention?? Naaaa just devine.
What a family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaside Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unsanitary Motels Jul 23 Fatcat 1
News Christine Marie Guarnieri Jul 10 andrea 1
News Large wave washes out Jersey shore town's firew... Jul 5 Dr Wu 3
Review: Aaron Bail Bonds (Sep '12) Jun '15 mad 10
Review: Village Florist May '15 Kathi M 1
News Storm victims will rally May 14 on capitol steps May '15 Shore Fed Up 1
News Whoopee cushion, bra pad, parking meter among N... Apr '15 DILF 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seaside Heights Mortgages