Council starts talks with In-N-Out Bu...

Council starts talks with In-N-Out Burger

There are 71 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Oct 3, 2009, titled Council starts talks with In-N-Out Burger. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Seaside officials hope an In-N-Out Burger will prove as strong a draw to the city as the chain's famous made-to-order burgers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Don McAllister

Monterey, CA

#21 Oct 3, 2009
Obiewan. Who made you food czar?

My experience is that In-N-Out has a good product, fair price, good environment for the customer and the employee, and takes care and pride in their work.

Frankly, I'm tired of these self-rightous idiots telling me how I should live. No joy in their lives, is suppose.
Ocean

Monterey, CA

#22 Oct 3, 2009
Rudy wrote:
I would love to see an In-N-Out burger in Monterey and while they are at it, they should put one in the new shopping center in Marina.
Seaside should put it on the Lightfighter Drive property at Fort Ord (unless they have traded it away). Easy Highway Access, low traffic, and the best incentive: CSUMB students!
Lizzard

Pacific Grove, CA

#23 Oct 3, 2009
This would be great foe Seasides economy. Its got to be better than a vacant dirt lot. In-N-Out offers a great burger and would provide new jobs for the community. an addition, they provide a great salary and great benefits for their workers. My only concern is that Seaside doesn't drag their feet like they have done in the past and lose this to Monterey or Sand City.
Wake Up

Mill Valley, CA

#24 Oct 3, 2009
That is great there are so many supporters for this In-N-Out, but, this is Seaside and the council talking this deal is not the brightest bunch on the planet, not to mention the people running this cities redevelopment agency. I'm sure they will figure a way to screw this deal up, they have talked with this company in the past and lost out on getting this to go forward. Those opposed to this plan have and will continue to show up in force at every council meeting until they stall every attempt to move forward with this idea. I say if you really want it, go down and make it known, tell your elected leaders to stop wasting time and money to get it going, they need to know that they can easily be replaced when it comes to time for re-election and if the city managers down on Harcourt can't get off their butts and push it through, they can be replaced too!
oh boy

United States

#26 Oct 3, 2009
Ocean wrote:
<quoted text>
Seaside should put it on the Lightfighter Drive property at Fort Ord (unless they have traded it away). Easy Highway Access, low traffic, and the best incentive: CSUMB students!
If we MUST have ANOTHER fast food joint and it seems it's much wanted than I say on Fort Ord would be good. You're right on all of what you said.
Makeitmappen

Seaside, CA

#27 Oct 3, 2009
The city can and probably will screw this up. An In and Out would be great!!!!! Lets just hope the city and all its overpaid managers dont screw this up like they have everything else.
Just sayin

United States

#28 Oct 3, 2009
Don McAllister wrote:
Obiewan. Who made you food czar?
My experience is that In-N-Out has a good product, fair price, good environment for the customer and the employee, and takes care and pride in their work.
Frankly, I'm tired of these self-rightous idiots telling me how I should live. No joy in their lives, is suppose.
What's your opinion on the health care debate? It's just fine we have all these obese people walking around {or not}, getting fatter and getting diabetes and heart disease but don't need to take any responsibility for it? Do you have health insurance? Good for you if you do. But if not, I really don't want to pay for your heart by-pass.

Since: Aug 09

Salinas, CA

#29 Oct 3, 2009
Perhaps an In-N-Out Burger establishment would be a credit to downtown Pacific Grove...the businesses could certainly use something to get people on Lighthouse Avenue again.
No Way

Monterey, CA

#30 Oct 3, 2009
If it was in PG I wouldn't go there.
Sal Belleci

Monterey, CA

#31 Oct 3, 2009
It would be Great for an IN N OUT Burger There
But What About Access On Either Side of Del Monte & Heavy Traffic since its so Close to The Intersection of Del Monte & Canyon Del Rey? Having a Fast Food There Would Increase Traffic Flow & Possibly Stop traffic If Cars Line up at DRIVE thru just Like the STARBUCKS DRIVE THRU
Joe

Monterey, CA

#32 Oct 4, 2009
I would welcome In n out to Seaside. We sure have every other fast food business here. In n out is probably the best of the fast burger joints. I'm wondering why they need to build on vacant land in Seaside when there are many empty store fronts they could use. I've heard they need to be seen from the freeway. As far as traffic, well-Starbucks backs up at Cyn del Ray alot. I hope Krispy Kreme comes next.
5576slg

Pacific Grove, CA

#33 Oct 4, 2009
In-N-Out Burger is a horrible idea. There goes any chance of quality in this town
5576ssl

Pacific Grove, CA

#34 Oct 4, 2009
In-N-Out Burger in Seaside a horrible idea. There goes any chance of quality in this town.
Diana

Vashon, WA

#35 Oct 4, 2009
I was struck by the paragraph in the article wherein the developer complains that having to pay "prevailing wages" to people on the job where a burden, and keeps small developers from developing. You know what? If you can't afford to pay legal workers fair wages, then you can't afford to develop property. End of story. He acts as if there is some huge injustice about paying people a living wage.. is the developer and his investors making prevailing wages? Yeah, right. If money from the City is being used the for project, then it makes sense that the wages have to be fair, and workers legally hired.

As far as In n Out goes... yeah, I'm all over that! They run their businesses so well that it will continue to be a tax benefit to the City forever, and they pay good wages and treat their employees well (many stay there for years working, which is unusual for fast food.) I wouldn't listen to the sour-grapes crowd.
Randy Tomblinson

Redding, CA

#36 Oct 4, 2009
We have one in Redding ca and it sucks
phil chris

Carmel Valley, CA

#37 Oct 4, 2009
Don't kid yourself people, the only reason why Seaside wants to build , build , build is simply because we have a mayor that voted himself in as mayor/president of the local carpenters union, has no other interest but to supply work to his union dues paying members at the cost of the taxpayers of Seaside that "really" could use another fast food joint for the city much needed revenues to pay for the salaries of the "army" of managers "in charge" at the city.
Pretty sad, isn't Mr Rubio ???
In n Out

San Jose, CA

#38 Oct 4, 2009
Ocean wrote:
Ithink an In-N-Out Burger joint in Seaside would be great, but I don't think the proposed location is the best fit. Why not put it on the Fort Ord land that is current set aside for the Main Gate Center or whatever they are calling that project now. It would be right off the highway for easy access and the CSUMB students will keep it busy.
just put it in front of 'Oh Boy's" apartment door !(In and out, In and out, Thats what a hamburger's all about !" that was their commercial some years ago. and it was fantastic.
In n Out

San Jose, CA

#39 Oct 4, 2009
phil chris wrote:
Don't kid yourself people, the only reason why Seaside wants to build , build , build is simply because we have a mayor that voted himself in as mayor/president of the local carpenters union, has no other interest but to supply work to his union dues paying members at the cost of the taxpayers of Seaside that "really" could use another fast food joint for the city much needed revenues to pay for the salaries of the "army" of managers "in charge" at the city.
Pretty sad, isn't Mr Rubio ???
In and OUT has their own private contractors who do all of their restaurants. All uniform in looks. It is all inside jobs. forget the mayor !
In n Out

San Jose, CA

#40 Oct 4, 2009
Joe wrote:
I would welcome In n out to Seaside. We sure have every other fast food business here. In n out is probably the best of the fast burger joints. I'm wondering why they need to build on vacant land in Seaside when there are many empty store fronts they could use. I've heard they need to be seen from the freeway. As far as traffic, well-Starbucks backs up at Cyn del Ray alot. I hope Krispy Kreme comes next.
in and out build from the ground up. they want land to do their own developing from scratch. Immpeccable business, they are the best !
phil chris

Carmel Valley, CA

#41 Oct 4, 2009
Enough junk fast food diet, anyway !!
You don't think Seaside is sophisticated enough to be "allowed" by the city (fouls) council anything else but a burger joint ???
In n out of here, Now !!!!!!!!
Enough corporate junk food !!!!!!!!!!1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) 2 hr dld1234 1,543
News Coastal Commission votes against Santa Cruza s ... Aug 12 Swiss Mess 14
News Deadly Calif. wildfire that has destroyed 60 ho... Jul 31 Frank 1
News In the face of disaster, sense of community com... Jul 29 Donna do Wright 1
News More Monterey Co. Residents Evacuated As Sobera... Jul '16 mattie05 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul '16 TWP 72,037
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul '16 Musikologist 21

Seaside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seaside Mortgages