California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments (Page 216)

Showing posts 4,301 - 4,320 of4,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
How it is

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Unless we want to become part of the fossil record several thousand years from now like many species that preceded us we had better start figuring out how we are going to survive what comes next.

Food, shelter, and everything else that we need for our existence will ultimately come from different sources as many plants and animals that we currently rely on will disappear and many places that we lived in will become unlivable.

That is just how it is.
Mike

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Another dumb Liberal idea by the dumbest liberal state in the union. The bags aren't the problem, the dumb people that carelessly use them are. I return every single use plastic bag I use to the supermarket I shop at. It's called responsibility. This fricking state is becoming with all it's rules, and regulations, absolutely the least free state in the country.

I can't wait to get out of here, and I'm a native.

California, you can have it!
Scope

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

The pud knockers have started posting again.
Star

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

tired wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
I agree...but brown paper bags can be recycled with cardboard and they do not blow around becoming an eye sore.
Star

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

How it is wrote:
Unless we want to become part of the fossil record several thousand years from now like many species that preceded us we had better start figuring out how we are going to survive what comes next.
Food, shelter, and everything else that we need for our existence will ultimately come from different sources as many plants and animals that we currently rely on will disappear and many places that we lived in will become unlivable.
That is just how it is.
You are absolutely correct. We have not stood up for what is right in our country and because we have become used to what is handed to us instead of being informed on the facts we listen to the political base who is only interested in what is in it for themselves and their cronies. We need to see the true direction of those who say they are representing we the people. We truly need to have every politician take a lie detector test just to see if they can be honest and follow our constitution. I am disappointed in our leaders and would love to fire the majority of them. We need term limits.
turn coats

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

State Republicans jump ship, saying it's not our party anymore!
Tommy Tucker

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Are gay plastic bags allowed in Sunnyvale,Ca?
Slogging

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Didn't you just post a few minutes ago?
Kevin

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

A retard state full of crimes, but the idiots have just one solution... no plastic bag.
Climbing

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

104'F and climbing, what a great day.
Tommy Tucker

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

My pants are on fire, but I did not till a lie. I think the hot World has caused my pants to over heat and start on fire. I think this is it, so long old friends.
Casey Bones

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

High temp. in Greenland today 97 F. Polar Bears dieing by the thousands. Eskomo girls walking around nude. Eskomo boys humping the girls.
Reject commies

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

McCarthy hates commies too!

Reject the Communists who rung the local city government of Glendora, California.

August 30, 2013
Okay

Tustin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Really?
Flingers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

This is OK with me.

IRS continues to hound Tea Party Patriots, demands more data for tax-exempt status, they are a bunch of Wall Street scammers anyway.

They all, Tea Party member's can go back to Russia at once.
Sammy

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Same sex plastic bags are allowed in San Francisco,ca.
Wash a wax

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Where did you say the wash and wax was?
Jewel

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Wash and wax ? Do they armor all too?
Flounders

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Someone really needs to press Speaker of the House John Boehner about why House Republicans are taking their marching orders from a Texas Senator.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

We elected Tea Party Republicans to Congress because we must cut wasteful government spending, repeal intrusive regulations and stop higher taxes. We don't like Obamacare, the House is just doing the job we elected them to do.

We've presented our continuing resolution; since the Senate has rejected it, Obama and Reid have to come up with a compromise that can pass the House. I'd like to see them do their job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,301 - 4,320 of4,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Seaside Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Seaside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance