California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments (Page 199)

Showing posts 3,961 - 3,980 of4,885
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mirra Weldt Zo Om

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4640
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I still dont yet get it; what is this got to do with kitty catty's?
Hear Yee

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4641
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

An expert on hate groups said the Aryan Nations is a neo-Nazi organization that was largely dissolved after it lost a lawsuit filed by the Southern Poverty Law Center and its leader died in 2004.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4642
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Tax needs to Drop wrote:
Taxes on Californians were just raised by billions of dollars.
We're paying higher federal, state and local taxes this year.
And yet the Legislature continues to propose even more taxes, including a new $2 billion tax on oil.
Californians are already stretched to the limit.
Most people pay very little in taxes and they get a nice fat refund every year too where they spend it on stupid things. Taxes need to be increased.
Ptoneds

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4643
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just more bad postings going on!

Spreaders are working great today.

Just bag it and tag it and move on.
coinjack

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4644
May 9, 2013
 
These donkeys just can't help themselves.
leggetopo

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4645
May 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tired wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?

They do -- they're called "paper bags."
Fridays

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4646
May 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just can't get enough of this BULL, the posters keeping this one going are still "brain dead".

Post is post, like the cereal ad says! Have you seen the prices of cereals lately?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4647
May 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fridays wrote:
Just can't get enough of this BULL, the posters keeping this one going are still "brain dead".
Post is post, like the cereal ad says! Have you seen the prices of cereals lately?
It's the retard consumer generation, the companies raise their cereal prices to $10 a box and slap some words on it like IT'S NUTRITIOUS, IT'S HEALTHY and dumb consumers buy it.

Dumb consumers will buy anything with the right wording on the package.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4648
May 10, 2013
 
I especially like it when the stores are having a sale, 25% off, blah blah, what the dumb consumers don't realize is the day before the sale, they marked up all the prices 50% ha ha ha ha it's the ultimate dog and pony show. Now come discount day, the dumb consumer is happy as a clam he got a deal.
Scrubbes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4649
May 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just goes to show ya, what a little washing can do for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
visiting

Bell City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4650
May 10, 2013
 
does anyone even like plastic bags that just tear through anyway? only in Calif. can you worry about something so lame.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4651
May 10, 2013
 
visiting wrote:
does anyone even like plastic bags that just tear through anyway? only in Calif. can you worry about something so lame.
visiting.

Your point is not entirely without merit. You overlook the fact, though, that California is "ahead of the curve".(so to speak)

Before the revolutionaries seized control of California's legislature, its corrupt "legal" system, as well as its expensive failed taxpayer funded Government education system, the political ruling class exercised only oversight control, and seldom, direct regulatory control over "private" businesses. This changed after the revolution. The California revolutionary ruling class imposed regulatory control over every aspect of "private" business activity as well as its interaction with overcharged consumers.

An example should suffice. Prior to the revolution, a private business might have been found that had reduced the quality of its product - you gave the example of manufactured grocery bags that are constructed so poorly that they tear. Prior to the revolutionaries coming to power in California, it was a simple matter for the end user of goods to simply begin patronizing those businesses that offered a better product. After all, the Government had not yet outlawed competition, and there were always businesses willing to attract customers by building better products.

This all changed after the revolutionary ruling class came to power. First, they introduced "Government industry standards". This assured than Government licensed producers and distributors of goods would not get any "funny ideas" by making a better product. Then, the revolutionary ruling class added insult to injury by using their taxpayer supported NGOs to promote the idea of "going green", the purpose of which is to trick consumers into accepting goods made to lower standards.

Ronald
Tort

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4652
May 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

GOP/Republican's can't get a clear thought rolling if the end of the world depended on it.
Miss Flnagettera

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4653
May 10, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

snapcracklepop wrote:
I especially like it when the stores are having a sale, 25% off, blah blah, what the dumb consumers don't realize is the day before the sale, they marked up all the prices 50% ha ha ha ha it's the ultimate dog and pony show. Now come discount day, the dumb consumer is happy as a clam he got a deal.
Ya, Ya. An then it dont fit over the stuff, looks like mikail jaxon's pickled prostate and the cat throws up on it and it still dont fit and the return policy excludes cat barfff, though the colours is improved. I asked.
Steam in ahead

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4654
May 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Minnesota House Approves Gay Marriage, this makes the 12th US state and first in the Midwest to pass same-sex marriage legislation.

How could the Supreme Court turn this one down, P.S. Mormon's are once again on the losing side of this one.
Mahmoud Abdullah

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4655
May 10, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Who care abowt this wun? We dont uze bag in Iran we give all to amerika so they can puloot there own enyromint whyl we laffing at u my frend "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
-Allah(when he laff at u my frend)
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4656
May 10, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

Steam in ahead wrote:
Minnesota House Approves Gay Marriage, this makes the 12th US state and first in the Midwest to pass same-sex marriage legislation.
How could the Supreme Court turn this one down, P.S. Mormon's are once again on the losing side of this one.
Great! More Government tyranny!!!
Only the stupid (AKA liberals) celebrate this!!!
Picks

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4657
May 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Adam James Michael Robinson, the British national who flew to the United States to have sex with an underage Highland girl, was sentenced this week to state prison for eight years.

Sorry we didn't check to see if he was a Muslim either.
Moms Rohnert Park Trailer

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4658
May 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
visiting.
Your point is not entirely without merit. You overlook the fact, though, that California is "ahead of the curve".(so to speak)
Before the revolutionaries seized control of California's legislature, its corrupt "legal" system, as well as its expensive failed taxpayer funded Government education system, the political ruling class exercised only oversight control, and seldom, direct regulatory control over "private" businesses. This changed after the revolution. The California revolutionary ruling class imposed regulatory control over every aspect of "private" business activity as well as its interaction with overcharged consumers.
An example should suffice. Prior to the revolution, a private business might have been found that had reduced the quality of its product - you gave the example of manufactured grocery bags that are constructed so poorly that they tear. Prior to the revolutionaries coming to power in California, it was a simple matter for the end user of goods to simply begin patronizing those businesses that offered a better product. After all, the Government had not yet outlawed competition, and there were always businesses willing to attract customers by building better products.
This all changed after the revolutionary ruling class came to power. First, they introduced "Government industry standards". This assured than Government licensed producers and distributors of goods would not get any "funny ideas" by making a better product. Then, the revolutionary ruling class added insult to injury by using their taxpayer supported NGOs to promote the idea of "going green", the purpose of which is to trick consumers into accepting goods made to lower standards.
Ronald
These are good observations. The one truth that one can take away is that the new deal should be considered as having dealt its last faltering hand and we all separately move forward from that hollow era of faked concern of "all for one" to the grand excitement and promise of an era that will be rightly called " One for More!" wherein the individual social address is the ONLY address. That place where the ability of one to attain what one wants by whatever means and at whatever cost that the latent victim slobs can be made to pay for our success is the right place and where the nonsense of all of us bothering about the supposed needs of any other person or group has ended finally. When we are there we can end all unions, free food, free rent, free medical care, free education and enter the grand salon where these goods are to be had only by those of us who are strong and take control and take the spoils. The rest are then self revealed as the servant class and are treated accordingly. I agree with you.
Sam I Am

Salem, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4659
May 11, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

It wasn't that long ago people couldn't wait to retire and move out of California to another state, Now people can't wait to move out of the country. That must be saying something where America is going.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,961 - 3,980 of4,885
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Seaside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Seaside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Seaside News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seaside
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••