Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,980

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188566 Apr 14, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a computer. Look it up for yourself.
Touche!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188567 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>No it did not. The laws in Cali already existed and have not been changed. You can't make something double illegal . Gays had the right to marry, Prop 8 was to deny them that right. Its all in the legal brief all you have to do is read it. Look if people want to have more that one spouse, file a damn law suit.
Does prop 8 allow polygamy Jizzy? Simple question, yes or no?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188568 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frank is not an American, he is a petty troll.
I am a two tour Vietnam combat veteran punk. How dare you say I am not an American.

Your lies have been bad enough.

You can't win an argument with me so your resort to insulting a disabled veteran?

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188572 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frank are you confused about the topic again. Here let me explain. At one time same sex marriage was legal. Prop 8 was created to remove an existing right. Now when has polygamy been legal in the state of California. Prop 8 has nothing to do with polygamy. It was written to prohibit same sex marriage. Prop 8 did not add to or change existing laws on polygamy.
Or do you think that prop 8 also limits your ability to marry a dog, cat, goat and or oak tree?
You ridicule the marry your dog, cat, oak tree schtick when used against same sex marriage but you think it's witty and spot on when used against polygamy.

You are dumb. And a hypocrite. And a punk for insulting veterans.

Hope that helps!
Fr Caloggio SJ

Sonoma, CA

#188573 Apr 14, 2013
Pope Benedict is rumored to have been de-selected from the Holy See for having discovered, and then demanded the pronouncement of the Essauis Letter from the Epistles of St. Gerome de Fournay. That document apparently traces the epistalic command as delivered for Augenon by Herodius and thence to Paulus Romanus that dis-claims all (ALL) formalization of marriage by the combinant religious and secular hierarchy(s). This would have, were it viewed and disseminated rather than interpreted, invalidated all marriages so performed, and would have left the institution of such "earthly" contracts to the invocation and ratification solely by those so entering into such contracts. No more, no less. No need.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188575 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Other laws in Cali. do. Simple huh.
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.
They do? I though you couldn't make something doubly illegal, jackass.

You did say that right dummy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188576 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Bull shat, you stole the Vietnam vet story from Old Swift Boater. If your disabled its not due to combat, perhaps its from being a constant wanker.
Old Sniffsbutt is a fake hero. I'm sure he appreciates you outing him yet again.

All my medals are real punk.
Loud

Covina, CA

#188578 Apr 14, 2013
Chuck Conners
Rico Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188580 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
False Claims About Receipt of Military Decorations or Medals.— Whoever falsely represents himself or herself, verbally or in writing, to have been awarded any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the Armed Forces of the United States, any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration, or medal, or any colorable imitation of such item shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/704
Watch your step Frankie.
All my medals are real and hanging proudly on the wall in my office. Next to my Honorable Discharge.

Old SniffsButt Billy needs you to watch your step. His bronze star is FAKE. I'm sure he doesn't appreciate you reminding ereryone of his stolen valor.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188581 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
False Claims About Receipt of Military Decorations or Medals.— Whoever falsely represents himself or herself, verbally or in writing, to have been awarded any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the Armed Forces of the United States, any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration, or medal, or any colorable imitation of such item shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/704
Watch your step Frankie.
http://www.stolenvalor.com
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188583 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1878 that plurality of wives (polygamy), as originally permitted by the Mormon religion, violated criminal law and was not defensible as an exercise of religious liberty. The Latter-day Saints renounced polygamy in 1890, but the practice has persisted among some, although it has been rarely prosecuted.
Why don't you quote some of the old laws against same sex marriage? You don't like them as much as you like the ones against poly?

Is it your argument that polygamy should stay illegal because of tradition jackass? Or like Rose_NoHo and X-box insist, polygamy is not allowed because it's illegal!

SSM was once illegal too dummy, still is in most states. You won't go to jail for it, but you cannot do it. Shall I post those laws?

What is your point in telling me polygamy is illegal jackass?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188584 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said Frankie, its against the law. Face it, you where never in the service. You are full of shat.
I am a decorated two tour combat veteran. You are a punk.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188585 Apr 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a two tour Vietnam combat veteran punk. How dare you say I am not an American.
Your lies have been bad enough.
You can't win an argument with me so your resort to insulting a disabled veteran?
That's what he's got.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188586 Apr 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a two tour Vietnam combat veteran punk. How dare you say I am not an American.
Your lies have been bad enough.
You can't win an argument with me so your resort to insulting a disabled veteran?
Don't let Jody bother you.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188587 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Jefferson wanted to change the penalty, he did not make the existing law double illegal.
I was placing your claim of: "used to be legal" into its proper context.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188588 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I did
SSSB - Acronyms and Abbreviations - The Free Dictionary
acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SSSB
Acronym, Definition. SSSB, Stiftelsen Stockholms Studentbostäder (Swedish: Stockholm Student Housing Foundation). SSSB, Small Solar-System Body ...
Making shiet up does not make it true
There are many definitions of the abbreviated initialization "SSSB", in this forum, it is used to denote Same Sex Sexual Behavior. You appear to be "Contextually Challenged".
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188589 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Bull shat, you stole the Vietnam vet story from Old Swift Boater. If your disabled its not due to combat, perhaps its from being a constant wanker.
I think that you have terribly debilitating issues. You should try to enlist, and see how long you last. Probably get blanket parties thrown for you from week 1.
Shooings

Covina, CA

#188590 Apr 14, 2013
Mystery Texas killings 'solved': Disgraced court official to be charged with murders of Texas district attorney, his wife and assistant DA after they convicted him of theft.

Eric Williams, 46, set to be charged with three murders.

DA Mike McLelland and his wife Cynthia were killed at their Texas home last month, and ADA Mark Hasse was shot dead in January.

Authorities reportedly zeroed in on Williams after emails sent to other county officials were linked to him.

Williams had been convicted of theft by McLelland and Hasse two years ago.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188591 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>No it did not. The laws in Cali already existed and have not been changed. You can't make something double illegal . Gays had the right to marry, Prop 8 was to deny them that right. Its all in the legal brief all you have to do is read it. Look if people want to have more that one spouse, file a damn law suit.
The people of California voted to clarify the definition of legal marriage in 2000, as union of one man and one woman. Apparently some folks were confused so the added that definition to their constitution via vote. Yet again......

So what makes u think polygamy can't be legalized?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188592 Apr 14, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that you have terribly debilitating issues. You should try to enlist, and see how long you last. Probably get blanket parties thrown for you from week 1.
Jizzy told a war story once. Said he's been "shot at".

Probably caught stealing some old farmers watermelons or something. Then the old coot fired in the air. Jizzy claims combat status.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Eric 69,427
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr surfboards 7,957
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 17 hr fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 22 hr theos 2,276
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat free for all 5,081
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Fri Mia 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Seaside Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Seaside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Seaside News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seaside
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••