City of Marina Looking to Change Chic...

City of Marina Looking to Change Chicken Ordinance

There are 1 comment on the KION 46 story from May 8, 2013, titled City of Marina Looking to Change Chicken Ordinance. In it, KION 46 reports that:

"Its extremely popular in the past we would be able to order baby chicks on a weekly basis, now we're at the mercy of the hatchery and what they have to send us," said Chris Olow, of Hacienda Hay and Feed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KION 46.

dana

Salinas, CA

#1 May 16, 2013
i'm an animal lover who lives in marina, but there are big problems that come with having chickens in town.
since my neighbor got his chickens i have raccoons, skunks, and possums passing through my backyard regularly. like i said, i love animals and find this fascinating, but these wild critters carry diseases that we don't want to subject our pets and kids to- not just rabies, etc. if bitten, but the droppings of wild animals can carry a multitude of diseases.(not to mention my dog getting skunked in our own backyard recently!)
also, you won't be able to stop people from letting eggs hatch- who is going to be able to regulate this law? there will be more than 4 hens per household- there will be roosters crowing and eventually sold off to cock-fighting rings, and there will be chickens being butchered in backyards for dinner.
please think this through! like i said, my neighbor already has chickens and i am attesting to the problems this brings!
thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coastal Commission votes against Santa Cruza s ... Aug 12 Swiss Mess 14
News Deadly Calif. wildfire that has destroyed 60 ho... Jul 31 Frank 1
News In the face of disaster, sense of community com... Jul 29 Donna do Wright 1
News More Monterey Co. Residents Evacuated As Sobera... Jul 25 mattie05 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul '16 TWP 72,037
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul '16 Musikologist 21
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jul '16 Zappacrappa42 59

Seaside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seaside Mortgages