Youngster dies in police chase on Hig...

Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in Seaside

There are 29 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in Seaside. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

A Marina man has been arrested on charges including vehicular manslaughter and felony drunken driving after his 8-year-old son was killed Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My Nickle

Salinas, CA

#2 Jul 28, 2010
The drivers family was on TV tonight saying what a wonderful, caring and devoted father he is to all his kids. REALLY? He killed his son. He will face a jury sometime but will ultimately have to face his two harshest critics, the mirror and God.
Friend of family

Monterey, CA

#3 Jul 28, 2010
Donation to Isaiah Memorial Fund

young 8 year old boy dies in tragic car accident in Seaside, CA Please help My friend Isaiah Solis Becker Please donate @ chase bank account # 3574685340 thank u for everyone's support. Please re-post this. There are also donation boxes in Seaside CA and Marina CA in various places.
My Nickle

Salinas, CA

#4 Jul 29, 2010
Sad, Sad, Sad, poor excuse for a father.
My Nickle

Salinas, CA

#5 Jul 29, 2010
Did he not have car insurance? Why collect money? Is it a legal defense fund? What does tha criminal need money for?
Marina Mom

Seaside, CA

#6 Jul 29, 2010
Likely the money is for funeral expenses, perhaps therapy for siblings, this unexpected tragedy on this family is tragic and I'm sure that if people want to do something it is to go for his family.
I would like to know when services are if anyone knows.
eazy rider

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2010
Vehicular Manslaughter! Sounds like murder to me. He intentionally drank, drove and had his 8-year-old son in the car while he drove drunk and engaged law enforcement in a high speed chase. Laws need to be changed! This guy needs to rot in prison for the rest of his life and in hell in the after life. I say convict him of 1st degree murder. What a POS...
rollingwoods

Santa Cruz, CA

#8 Jul 29, 2010
Posting a request for funds to deposit into a personal bank account only a few hours after the boys death sounds highly suspicious. Most times when things like this are set up the bank handles the transaction, not an individual posting on a comments line. Be cautious.
MontereyParent

Cantua Creek, CA

#9 Jul 29, 2010
Friend of family wrote:
young 8 year old boy dies in tragic car accident in Seaside, CA Please help My friend Isaiah Solis Becker Please donate @ chase bank account # 3574685340 thank u for everyone's support. Please re-post this. There are also donation boxes in Seaside CA and Marina CA in various places.
Please explain what this money will be used for? Lawyers fees... bail... I don't think so.... NO THANK YOU
A father

Alameda, CA

#10 Jul 29, 2010
Poor stupid sob.
Friend of family

Seaside, CA

#12 Jul 29, 2010
The Funeral is Friday Next week. The funds are for the memorial service. And the Account can be verified by Chase Bank. It is in a trust fund that the lawyer set up for Isaiah Solis Becker. Your negativity shows how much your life must suck. Family and friends are Standing by Zob because we all know what a great man he is. We all take terrible turns, there are no excuses, but when it's you mother or father or brother & sister we will know how easy you will turn your back on them. Lucky for the Arciga Family they have a lot of supporters who are rallying to make sure Isaiah Solis Becker to have a good service. There is also a car wash @ the Corner Market on Noche Buena, next to the Boys & Girls Club in Seaside on Saturday from 8am to 1pm.

-God Bless-
Friend of family

Seaside, CA

#13 Jul 29, 2010
young 8 year old boy dies in tragic car accident in Seaside, CA Please help My friend Isaiah Solis Becker Please donate @ chase bank account # 3574685340 thank u for everyone's support. Please re-post this. There are also donation boxes in Seaside CA and Marina CA in various places. The Funeral is Friday Next week. The funds are for the memorial service. And the Account can be verified by Chase Bank. It is in a trust fund that the lawyer set up for Isaiah Solis Becker. Family and friends are Standing by Zob because we all know what a great man he is. We all take terrible turns, there are no excuses, but when it's you mother or father or brother & sister we don't turn our backs on them. Lucky for the Arciga Family they have a lot of supporters who are rallying to make sure Isaiah Solis Becker has a great service. There is also a car wash @ the Corner Market on Noche Buena, next to the Boys & Girls Club in Seaside on Saturday from 8am to 1pm.

-God Bless-
EL Borracho

AOL

#15 Jul 30, 2010
Friend of family wrote:
The Funeral is Friday Next week. The funds are for the memorial service. And the Account can be verified by Chase Bank. It is in a trust fund that the lawyer set up for Isaiah Solis Becker. Your negativity shows how much your life must suck. Family and friends are Standing by Zob because we all know what a great man he is. We all take terrible turns, there are no excuses, but when it's you mother or father or brother & sister we will know how easy you will turn your back on them. Lucky for the Arciga Family they have a lot of supporters who are rallying to make sure Isaiah Solis Becker to have a good service. There is also a car wash @ the Corner Market on Noche Buena, next to the Boys & Girls Club in Seaside on Saturday from 8am to 1pm.
-God Bless-
A great Man ? What have you been drinking ? Eighteen Hundred ?

A poster on > thecalifornian.com < looked up his criminal record, he has a past DUI conviction and another conviction relating to physically abusing his spouse. If true, he is no "great man".

"Great men" are not wife beaters. "Great men" don't drive drunk and put their, so called, loved ones at risk. "Great men" learn from their past bad behavior, bad judgement, bad decisions, and bad mistakes. "Great men don't kill their own children through their own negligence, and ignorance, and total lack of care for their child.

IMO, he's not a "great man", but rather, he's just an ignorant, selfish man, who knowingly and intentionally put his childs life at risk because he thought he could out run the police.
Granolagirl

United States

#16 Jul 30, 2010
Bottom line: DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!! Cause and effect; you do the crime you should do the time.
Marina Mom

Seaside, CA

#17 Jul 30, 2010
How far all the righteous will fall. To sit up on the pedastool and look down on Zab and his family only means you have a longer harder fall when this happens to someone close to you. No one says what happened was great. But did he manage his sons baseball team? Yes. Did he solely try to deal with school and sports and those activities? Yes. Will he suffer every day for the rest of his life without any help from all of you self righteous pompous rears? YES! And there is NO means to pay for the funeral so throwing figures out like 2200 and 1100 when you dont have 20.00, thats WHY you need a car wash because Isaiah was a good boy and deserves a proper burial where his friends, 9 year olds that don't understand death, can go to try to wrap there arms around what this means that he wont ever be coming back. God help all of you judgmental people. It does not bring peace or healing and dishonors Isaiahs memory.
Dwayne michael Carter

San Jose, CA

#18 Jul 30, 2010
zab is a good man and his kids are his world . I know that it was a dumb thing he did but in the end now his daughter is going to be the one who suffers the most with nowhere to go .
Cry Me A River

Seaside, CA

#19 Jul 30, 2010
I talk to several of the emergency responders that treated this little boy. This piece of *&^# was a jerk at the call and defiant to the end. I dont care what he coached. I dont care if he was a good man. He killed his son because he is a dirt bag low life.

If he has/had nothing why was he driving a Lexus? CRY ME A RIVER!

Rest in peace little man, your with someone who truly loves you now!
Jared T

United States

#20 Jul 31, 2010
I have known Zab for quite sometime. He has his faults like any other person, made mistakes in this case one too many, but let he who is without sin cast the first stone. To Isaiah I will never forget our games of catch. To Zab, I love you too stay strong until next time.
Memory of Isaiah

United States

#21 Jul 31, 2010
Instead of blasting Zab for his crimes, we should pay our condolences to the family who has lost a special boy. I shall remember him with his smile, cheerful laughter and his vibrant energy. We had fun tossing the foothball and camping together. My prayers go out to you and your family.
Just Saying

United States

#22 Aug 1, 2010
Another death because someone chose to drink and drive.
Chalise

Monterey, CA

#23 Aug 1, 2010
May God be with the family and wrap his arms around them for they are suffering two losses. True enough it is ugly situation and a frustrating situation but all of the negative comments are not necessary, think about the family!!!! Let's say a prayer for them because this affects the whole community, people's lives will never be the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seaside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marina mayora s race: Incumbent Bruce Delgado v... (Nov '16) Tue Kevin Saunders 2
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 23 Black Ice 72,074
News Successful Marina hotel owner asks city to forg... Apr 21 Kathy Jacques 1
Review: Francis Alwill General Contr (Jul '11) Apr 16 Bob Klinski 7
Legit black needed ASAP Mar 30 pinsnneedles 4
News Not Dead Yet: Squid considers the bizarre encou... Mar 27 raj 3
News Letters: We need to support society (Sep '10) Mar '18 david fairhurst 19

Seaside Jobs

Personal Finance

Seaside Mortgages