Dr. Porter Rodgers House?

Posted in the Searcy Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Just Curious

Mabelvale, AR

#1 Sep 2, 2011
I was just wondering what the story was behind the Dr's house and why they tore it down?
I think that house was absolutely beautiful, why would someone tear a house down that was that gorgeous?
CJ Nelsons

Frisco, TX

#2 Sep 2, 2011
Harding didn't like it.

United States

#3 Sep 2, 2011
Harding had nothing to do with it. It had been broken into so many times and was damaged beyond repair.

United States

#4 Sep 2, 2011
GUEST wrote:
Harding had nothing to do with it. It had been broken into so many times and was damaged beyond repair.
Exactly. Thank you.

United States

#5 Sep 2, 2011
GUEST wrote:
I heard they were cooking crack in there

Mabelvale, AR

#6 Sep 2, 2011
i heard it was because the son of Porter Rodgers had tore down because his mother got murdered in that house and the sons wife hated the house.
yeayea

Dallas, TX

#8 Sep 2, 2011
Were was the house at?

Mabelvale, AR

#9 Sep 2, 2011
it was a big old white house kinda by walgreens. theres walgreens then the "Black" house which is now the searcy art gallery then there was porter rodgers house. it was across the street from Lazercade
searcy guest

United States

#10 Sep 2, 2011
It was a very pretty house and a very sad story
pondering

Heber Springs, AR

#11 Sep 2, 2011
What was happened in the house?
justme

Alexander, AR

#12 Sep 2, 2011
the dr apparently murdered his wife, i think in the house but not sure, but i do believe the son had the house tore down because they didnt want to keep it but they also didnt want to sell it and someone open some kind of b&b or other business of the sort to make money off the familys sorid past. i do know there was some red tape to get it tore down because it was on the historic registry.
Searcy Resident

Sherwood, AR

#13 Sep 2, 2011
Dr. Rodgers was in his 70's, having an affair with a woman in her 30's I believe and he hired her and her bf...yes tangled web, to murder his wife. They killed her on the staircase. All went to prison including Dr. Rodgers, he died in prison. The house was beautiful and I have always wondered why it was just demolished. Sad story indeed.

United States

#14 Sep 2, 2011
It was empty for a very long time before it was demolished. I went in it the morning they tore it down and the house wasnt damaged at all. It was a very beauitful home that should of been left standing.

United States

#15 Sep 2, 2011
GUEST wrote:
Harding is the reason every other old house in searcy has been tore down. Why would this one be any different? The house wasn't damaged beyond repair either. Until the day it was demolished there was a gentleman that took care of it every single day.
houses

Searcy, AR

#16 Sep 2, 2011
Well there are tons of houses around Southwest Middle School that should be torn down. Used as drug houses and such. Can we fix that? It sucks that they keep pouring money into that school that is in the middle of a nieghborhood that most of us wouldn't even drive through.
wrong

Searcy, AR

#17 Sep 2, 2011
No, harding did not have anything to do with it. Porter wanted to give it to the city but the budget did not have enough money to remodel and maintain it. He did not want to sell it and have someone else living in it, so he decided to tear it down. I was in the house the week it was torn down. It was not vandalized or anything of that nature. It was very dated and in need of a total remodel but still gorgeous. Very sad to see it go.
Uhmmm

Dallas, TX

#18 Sep 3, 2011
They were looking for rest of counterfiet money ol doc made there.. He made lots of it!!!

Dallas, TX

#19 Sep 4, 2011
I heard he made the money in the old hospital not in that house

United States

#21 Sep 4, 2011
guest wrote:
Seems very selfish to tear down a house because you don't want anyone living in it. Glad he doesn't own all of the houses in Searcy. He doesn't live in this town and obviously cares little about it. He has vast fortunes so guess it doesn't matter to him even though Searcy made those fortunes for him.
You seem to be the selfish and foolish one! Have you even stopped to think that the house carried alot of bad memories for him and if he tried to give to the city and they rejected it not his problem! Instead of selling the house which was more than likely filled with evil spirits why have to pay someone to take care of it day after day! If he wanted to tear it down that was his perrogotive! Are you pissed cause they tore that old hospital down too? My guess is probably not just wanna get on the bandwagon with everyone else! Who cares where he lives! He is older , retired and was a great dr so leave him and the house that he tore down alone! FYI did you know that he was such a great surgeon that he was 2nd in line to operate on the president if something were to happen to him? Probably didn't know that either! Either way who cares that he had it tore down! His mother was mudered there and if it were mine and my mother were murdered there pretty house or not I wld have done the same thing! Quit crying over something that was torn down quite a while ago and get over it already!

Little Rock, AR

#22 Sep 4, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be the selfish and foolish one! Have you even stopped to think that the house carried alot of bad memories for him and if he tried to give to the city and they rejected it not his problem! Instead of selling the house which was more than likely filled with evil spirits why have to pay someone to take care of it day after day! If he wanted to tear it down that was his perrogotive! Are you pissed cause they tore that old hospital down too? My guess is probably not just wanna get on the bandwagon with everyone else! Who cares where he lives! He is older , retired and was a great dr so leave him and the house that he tore down alone! FYI did you know that he was such a great surgeon that he was 2nd in line to operate on the president if something were to happen to him? Probably didn't know that either! Either way who cares that he had it tore down! His mother was mudered there and if it were mine and my mother were murdered there pretty house or not I wld have done the same thing! Quit crying over something that was torn down quite a while ago and get over it already!
You are certainly hot under the collar over nothing. Everyone is entitled to express an opinion. Just read and express yours...not deride others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You have 30 days left to live. No more. 19 min Larry 7
Do you know what it's like to share someone's e... 2 hr Guest 6
rock house 2 hr FatAssBobby Quatt... 17
kevin lee (May '12) 2 hr Raised2Gthr 3
Alynna patterson 3 hr Alayna 3
rps inmate 4 hr @GED Grad 4
Carla Fuller *complaints* (Jan '16) 5 hr Carla Fuller No 24

Searcy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance