United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

There is a man that's out on the corner of the red light by McDonald's and Ryan's. His sign says something like: "Veteran in need of assistance". Does anyone know him? Is he really a veteran?
me

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

I don't know of he really is but he use to stay by Kroger at that stop light I gave him money I didn't have much but it's cold and I have compassion I even held up traffic at the light if you feel lead to do it do it don't ask questions!
wondering

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

me wrote:
I don't know of he really is but he use to stay by Kroger at that stop light I gave him money I didn't have much but it's cold and I have compassion I even held up traffic at the light if you feel lead to do it do it don't ask questions!
Many years ago a man tried to steal my car when I stopped to help him. It makes it hard to do it again. If he was truly a veteran, I guess I'd find it easier to trust he wasn't trying to hurt anyone.
Denise

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Bill has the resource to help him, call him and give him the information.
Wolf Man

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Bill from Rolling Thunder?

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

It's sad an old veteran should have to beg for money, when we give billions of dollars out to countries that hate us. But yet, we let the men that fought for our country and freedom go hungry and homeless! Congratulation Government!! Fine dam good Job of being useless to your own countrymen! The same men that fought so you would have the same job you use to kick then while their down! Sorry excuses for patriots!

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

b_rad_ wrote:
It's sad an old veteran should have to beg for money, when we give billions of dollars out to countries that hate us. But yet, we let the men that fought for our country and freedom go hungry and homeless! Congratulation Government!! Fine dam good Job of being useless to your own countrymen! The same men that fought so you would have the same job you use to kick then while their down! Sorry excuses for patriots!
Amen
wondering

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

b_rad_ wrote:
A-freakin-men!!
DAV Member

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Wolf Man wrote:
Bill from Rolling Thunder?
Can't be him! he only helps Sunrise Honda to promote there store! never seen him help a veteran.
Jarhead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

100% agree with b_rad. If this man is really in fact a veteran i do feel compassion for him i'm a veteran myself...but he can get some type of help from the VA depending on what it is he is needing. Searcy even has a VA medical clinic right on main st.

Hartley, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

I hate when they beg

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

guest wrote:
I hate when they beg
These are the people that fought to keep you free you ungrateful pos. You might be begging one day.
Barry

Lake Winola, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

b_rad_ wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the people that fought to keep you free you ungrateful pos. You might be begging one day.
Does not matter if a veteran or not he is down on his luck the man needs help . Call an agency if there is one or a shelter and help him it sucks that he has to do this to survive
mees

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Arent they JOBS that people get to provide and survive??
I thought so....could be confused.:{
me

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Many years ago a man tried to steal my car when I stopped to help him. It makes it hard to do it again. If he was truly a veteran, I guess I'd find it easier to trust he wasn't trying to hurt anyone.
Oh man I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude at all but yeah I completely see your point after that it would be hard

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Hope this guy isn't using the name "veteran" praying on your mind like that old woman with her excuses just to get drug money... Look around for that old jeep truck they drive.. If he's a true veteran he needs help and that's available ..
Sad

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Who said he didn't have a job? There are a lot of people today that work and are still having trouble making ends meet. If you have the means to help this poor man then do so, you will be blessed for helping him even if he is being dishonest. He must not a a regular begger like the lady or others would have seen him and would be commenting. If I was there I would help him. Even being a vet it is hard to get any help. Sure he may could go get medical help but as far as food, gas toliet paper or anything like that type stuff he wouldn't get it. If he is truly a vet then he deserves so much more. Poor guy, my heart hurts for him. God please bless this poor man.
wondering

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
Hope this guy isn't using the name "veteran" praying on your mind like that old woman with her excuses just to get drug money... Look around for that old jeep truck they drive.. If he's a true veteran he needs help and that's available ..
If he's a true veteran I'd give him my last dollar. He put his life on the line. If he's trying to pull a fast one, he needs to be stopped.
wondering

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Sad wrote:
Who said he didn't have a job? There are a lot of people today that work and are still having trouble making ends meet. If you have the means to help this poor man then do so, you will be blessed for helping him even if he is being dishonest. He must not a a regular begger like the lady or others would have seen him and would be commenting. If I was there I would help him. Even being a vet it is hard to get any help. Sure he may could go get medical help but as far as food, gas toliet paper or anything like that type stuff he wouldn't get it. If he is truly a vet then he deserves so much more. Poor guy, my heart hurts for him. God please bless this poor man.
Well, he was out there right beside McDonald's (Race Street), we can get the word out, and go help him. I'll be out with my husband today, so I don't think I'll be so afraid to help him out:)
Potty mouth

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I know a guy that works the Southhave Ms. Exit outside of Memphis every Friday he clears $500-$700 tax free every Friday that makes it hard to help he makes more then most and works the corner about 6 hours a week

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Searcy Forum right now

Search the Searcy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
bradford cop at party 8 min muckrakers 13
Harding Gays and Lesbians Speaking Out (Mar '11) 9 min Grave Digger62 56
Carla Ervin for County Clerk 10 min Bill 4
VoteForCHANGE-KyleReeves 42 min Pills pills pills 114
d&g exchange 1 hr Guest 3
Milf search 1 hr STown 3
How Did Tony Burks wreck his truck? 1 hr Awwww 10
•••
•••