good beautician???
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
proudmom

Haslet, TX

#1 Sep 14, 2012
okay so who is a good beautician that actually listens to you when you say what you want? Cause yesterday I went to get my hair trimmed at the most and 1 1/2 off and layers.. I left missing 5 1/2 inches of hair.. I'm so mad.. Its takin me 5 years to get my hair to that length and now it's pointless.. And I don't like it at all!

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2012
Ann Sterling cuts my hair and does a wonderful job. She is beside where Save A Lot was. Sterling Hair Care.
just my opinion

United States

#3 Sep 14, 2012
Hair we go again, do a search on this subject!
Hairdresser

United States

#4 Sep 14, 2012
proudmom wrote:
okay so who is a good beautician that actually listens to you when you say what you want? Cause yesterday I went to get my hair trimmed at the most and 1 1/2 off and layers.. I left missing 5 1/2 inches of hair.. I'm so mad.. Its takin me 5 years to get my hair to that length and now it's pointless.. And I don't like it at all!
First off let me start by saying I'm sorry you have had a bad experience after growing your hair for five years. But secondly I have to say on average hair growth is six inches per year. If those five inches took you five years to grow I highly recommend you go immediately to a dr to find out if you need vitamins. Also wonder where the five inches were cut. From the bottom of your hair or the crown where you received layers? Just wondering.
yeah

Azle, TX

#5 Sep 14, 2012
proudmom wrote:
If you hadn't had a haircut for five years, I guarantee that every bit of that five and a half inches were necessary to be cut. And your hair should have grown more like two and a half feet in five years. I got at least that much cut off at the beginning of the summer and you can hardly tell now.
Ash

United States

#6 Sep 14, 2012
I agree.. Ann Sterling is awesome!

United States

#7 Sep 14, 2012
Who did it?
ummm

United States

#8 Sep 14, 2012
Anyone but Leeann Edom! She's trashy and a gossiping idiot

Haslet, TX

#9 Sep 14, 2012
proudmom wrote:
Why didn't you stop him/her? Surely you weren't sitting there blindfolded

Haslet, TX

#10 Sep 14, 2012
guest wrote:
Ann Sterling cuts my hair and does a wonderful job. She is beside where Save A Lot was. Sterling Hair Care.
Ann Sterling jacked my hair up. Will never go back. All the stuff she said for years was "just how <my> hair grows" was actually from the way she was cutting it

Did save a lot closet?
Stylist

Olive Branch, MS

#11 Sep 17, 2012
I am a local stylist and bottom line.... If you aren't happy I agree that you should find someone new. But once again I ask that you exercise caution when on this site. Don't let names of salons or people being trashed steer you. Find the PERSON you are comfy with. The consultation is THE MOST important part. Find someone you can talk to and WILL TALK BACK.:) I am so sorry about your hair. I am growing mine out which I have never done so I know the feeling!!! Good luck!!!! And I know this site isn't the best to chat about your hair personally but I'm up for it if you need some advice or thoughts on specific things!!
never again

Olive Branch, MS

#12 Sep 17, 2012
do not go to marry barnett that works at the smartstyles in walmart she fried the heck outta my hair ! i was very displeased and still am my hair won't stop falling out after letting hee touch my head!
LOVE HER.!

Haslet, TX

#13 Sep 17, 2012
Michelle Holloway at Holden and Company.
jcp salon

United States

#14 Sep 17, 2012
i just recently had a bad experience also which i wanted to go.short but they went 3 inches shorter than i told her and then jacked it up uneven and left me with a tail i went to jcpenny salon.and nickki a girl that works tjere did.a fantastic job!!!!i am for sure going to continue to use her for now on bc the last prolly 3 places ibe been messed up my hair i finally found someone good
Tosh

Cabot, AR

#15 Sep 17, 2012
I glad you had a good haircut from her @ J.C Penneys She fried my daughters hair so bad and costs lots to get it even close to being in shape,
Denise

Cabot, AR

#16 Sep 17, 2012
Holden and Company is over rated and vey pricey!!!
master stylist

United States

#17 Sep 17, 2012
here we go again with the bashing of hair stylists.... every hair stylist in searcy gets bashed one way or another, for... being on the phone too long, for coming to you with already fried hair, and blaming the stylist for further damnaging the hair, because the client instists on making you do more damage, with threatening to go somewhere else to get the roots done, when there are no roots to bleach, or because the previous stylist cut your hair wrong... {people} ... its not the stylist, its the client... because all the stylists that are named on this topix site are always bashed.... the stylists that are on here, are all capable, and have all knowlege of how to do hair... most are great stylist.. its the clients that sit in the chair ,, that need to do the talking, meaning.. they need to be honest about what they {the client} have had done previously to their hair.......... any person that sits in a hairstylists chair, should be honest and open about what they want or dont want. and the hairstylist should always have a consultation with the client in their chair... if that doesnt happen,, then the stylist is liable for further damange, and or bad hair cut...... cut us hairstylits a break.... we are hairstylists,, not magicians........think about it...
my friend

United States

#18 Sep 18, 2012
ummm wrote:
Anyone but Leeann Edom! She's trashy and a gossiping idiot
first of all.... i know her, and she stays to herself, and doesnt do anything but take care of her kids. shes not trashy, actually anyone who would say that about her doesnt know her very well. and gossip? all i know is that if you sit in her chair and begin to talk about anyone, shes real. she doesnt gossip. she wouldnt say anything about anyone that she couldnt say to their face. and that isnt gossip. that is being real. and if you had a problem with her, im sure she would have tried to resolve it, if you had the balls to say that you were unhappy with anything that she did. so the trashy person is you for putting her name out here. anyone that knows her, knows that she is kind, and wouldnt try to do anyone wrong. so keep her name off of here. shes done my hair for a long time, and she is a close friend of mine. i know her, and obviously you are just trying to trash her, for no reason. grow up. and if you know her, you must have her number, im sure if you get in contact with her, she would be more than willing to make things right. shes a sweetheart.
Burke

United States

#19 Sep 19, 2012
[QUOTE who="LOVE HER.! "]Michelle Holloway at Holden and Company.[/QUOTE] I have to totally agree Michelle is the best hair dresser ever. Call Holden and Co and make an appt you will not reget it!!!!!
Burke

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Denise wrote:
Holden and Company is over rated and vey pricey!!!
......You get what you pay for!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 marriages are enough 3 hr Jwb 2
Searcians can only blame themselves 4 hr RIP Searcy 33
Phyllis Worley vs mark Derrick part 2 7 hr Truth 85
Do they run your name when you get your id at t... (Jan '12) 7 hr Jacen 426
Robert underwood construction and Eric Odom 9 hr SSS 7
Ancestry.com 11 hr Summer Friend 5
Crosby Kennel and Cattery 11 hr Mom off fur babies 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Searcy Mortgages