Looking for Dusty Wes Edwards 32 year...
bettu

Crowley, LA

#21 Feb 5, 2013
Shay wrote:
The child has abviously been beaten or appears that way in the picture????
Right, but how easy is it to google "abused children" and just save a random image to your computer? This could be someone elses true story and their exploiting it for attention and FB likes... Something just doesn't seem right about it all.. Just saying.
Whitney

Washington, DC

#22 Feb 5, 2013
its unclear whether its a hoax or not. the police are not allowed to comment about an ongoing investigation, or release any information when a minor is involved. the police can neither confirm nor deny if there is an investigation or even if a report was made. had the mother made a report and she had warrants, yes she would have been arrested, however just because there isn't an active warrant on the guy, doesn't mean the police aren't looking to talk to him. and yes the Facebook page has been then down, not because it was proven to be a hoax, simply because the woman who posted it was receiving threats from strangers as well as the mans friends.
Dbacksgirl

Tempe, AZ

#23 Feb 5, 2013
i looked into this, and it appears that this is a hoax, the mother and her friend (the one who created the page) made up a name, that's why no one could find anything on Dusty Wes Edwards--after they were caught in this lie they started saying his name was Dustin Carr, that's when I realized they were all full of it--even as it started the person who made the page was from Florida and the mother from Louisiana, then the creator of the page decided to leave the page--I seriously hope they take the creator of the page and the mother and the "sister" who was spreading the page all to jail, the picture of the guy (whoever he is) could've caused him to get hurt or killed over something he had no knowledge of
Maybe

Olive Branch, MS

#24 Feb 5, 2013
Somebody call the cops and tell them you have him in your sights sit back and watch if the cops show up it would not be a hoax
Louisiana Girl

Jamestown, LA

#25 Feb 5, 2013
Dbacksgirl wrote:
i looked into this, and it appears that this is a hoax, the mother and her friend (the one who created the page) made up a name, that's why no one could find anything on Dusty Wes Edwards--after they were caught in this lie they started saying his name was Dustin Carr, that's when I realized they were all full of it--even as it started the person who made the page was from Florida and the mother from Louisiana, then the creator of the page decided to leave the page--I seriously hope they take the creator of the page and the mother and the "sister" who was spreading the page all to jail, the picture of the guy (whoever he is) could've caused him to get hurt or killed over something he had no knowledge of
Dusty Wes Edwards IS a REAL person and has family in Lousiana.....Ferriday Louisiana to be exact. Just because YOU cannot find anything on him does not mean that they are lieing, it also does not mean that it is a fake name with someone elses picture. Ive seen this guy, talked to him and know several of his friends from Ferriday and Vidalia La. Whether or not he ACTUALLY did this is the only question left. Nobody knows the exact truth BUT HIM......and from what I know of him I couldnt and wouldnt expect him to tell the truth if he really did. So before you begin bashing people about whether or not the name of the person in the picture is really Dusty Edwards, try harder at checking your facts and if you cant find any then dont bash the people who do know him and know that he is in fact a REAL person! Thanks!
Fools

Sweet Valley, PA

#26 Feb 5, 2013
Anita in Walker La wrote:
I live where this was suppose to have happened and I'm telling you IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!! THE POLICE HAVE NO REORTS ON THIS ANDTHE MAN DOES NOT HAVE ANY WARRANTS FOR THIS OR ANYTHING ELSE!!!! I HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER THAT WORKS WITH CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES AND THE SAY IT'S NOT TRUE!!! If something like this woulda happened the police by law would have to notify CPS so they could investigate!!! his is such bullshit that people wouldn't have the common sense to check into this before they started posting and sharing to facebook and other internet sites!!! I think the mother, the person that started it, and EVERY dumb person that shared it should be held liable!!!!!!
I'm not sure what con game ur playing CPS can not give u any information on someone else child it is against the law sooo are u a liar
IRL

Oakes, ND

#27 Feb 5, 2013
The page was pulled by Facebook, including any redirects. At first it gave a message Facebook has removed this content, it was not removed by the original poster. If you go to the Walker police FB page they state they can not comment, but it goes both way. They cannot comment because a child is involved. That also includes investigations into the perpetrators of the hoax for possible criminal charges. But if you look at some of the comments and likes by the page admin you will see they at least hint at what is going on. Like a comment that stated the mother would have been charged on her warrants and the child been taken to child services, they "liked". Or posting a thank you to another poster who said they could not comment because of the involvement of a child, not the crime.

What really disgusts me is the people who would rather page be true and a child be brutalized so they can give a big self righteous "I told you so."
me

Chesterfield, MO

#28 Feb 5, 2013
Louisiana Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Dusty Wes Edwards IS a REAL person and has family in Lousiana.....Ferriday Louisiana to be exact. Just because YOU cannot find anything on him does not mean that they are lieing, it also does not mean that it is a fake name with someone elses picture. Ive seen this guy, talked to him and know several of his friends from Ferriday and Vidalia La. Whether or not he ACTUALLY did this is the only question left. Nobody knows the exact truth BUT HIM......and from what I know of him I couldnt and wouldnt expect him to tell the truth if he really did. So before you begin bashing people about whether or not the name of the person in the picture is really Dusty Edwards, try harder at checking your facts and if you cant find any then dont bash the people who do know him and know that he is in fact a REAL person! Thanks!
That is where I am from. I am not sure if I know him or his family. Where is the mother of the child from? Someone has to know if this is true or not.
Random Facebooker

Buffalo, NY

#29 Feb 6, 2013
According to FB statement from the Walker, LA police department (where the alleged incident took place), they could have given limited information (such as a confirmation that they were or were not looking for him) but now cannot because of all the publicity.
me wrote:
<quoted text>
That is where I am from. I am not sure if I know him or his family. Where is the mother of the child from? Someone has to know if this is true or not.
As for the "mother" of the child, I will not post the name for a multitude of reasons. However, if you googled the alleged abuser's name, you will find hers. There are still posts that have not yet been removed, and her name is attatched to them. If you visit the Walker Police Department FB page, you will even find links to the "aunt's" page that originally started the sharing frenzy.
Random Facebooker

Buffalo, NY

#30 Feb 6, 2013
nelly wrote:
<quoted text>
There are also people posting about it on other forums in other states.
Surprisingly enough, I've only found it in one other forum on topix.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/walker-la/T2S...
Momto4

Millington, TN

#31 Feb 6, 2013
Rodeo wrote:
Snopes says the PD cannot confirm nor deny an investigation for privacy purposes. No where does it say it's a hoax. Dude just looks like the type of punk who needs his ass beat.
I think you need to get your facts straight before you judge people on how they "look." Someday, someone might mistake you for someone who "looks" like you need your ass beat. I don't know one way or another the validity of this story, however, I am at least intelligent enough to wait and hear all the evidence before I start advocating any ass beatings or public lynchings! I don't understand what is wrong with people that can't fathom that this child's mother might be a low life, lying piece of trash that is just trying to screw over a guy that dumped her. That has never happened before right?
Michelle

Palmdale, CA

#32 Feb 6, 2013
Wether this is a hoax or not is not the issue. The issue is the fact that when you post things like these it NEVER helps the situation. I never share something on facebook when it says please share. I hate when people do that. "I have autism, how many likes can I get" Its bs and its WRONG! You should never, EVER share anything like that. Ever!
Jim

Louisville, KY

#33 Feb 6, 2013
a Facebook page was created yesterday containing allegations of child abuse, and featuring a name, description, license plate number and photo of the man who some claim is behind it. By early this afternoon, the article had gone viral, with thousands flocking to the page to ask questions about the allegations.
Just a few minutes ago, the Walker, LA, Police Department contacted Victims News Online, indicating they have released a statement regarding the matter, in an effort to answer questions posed by numerous phone calls and e-mails to the department:
Many people have inquired about the content of a Facebook page created over the weekend alleging that a young child was the subject of an act of child abuse. The person who created the Facebook page, who is obviously neither the parent nor guardian of the alleged victim, included among the information posted the name and age of the alleged victim and photo’s that purport to show injuries to the alleged victim. In the Facebook post, readers are told that the Walker Police Department is working on the case. The Facebook post goes on to identify the alleged suspect, including the alleged suspect’s name, photograph, vehicle description, and possible location and/or destination.
Understandably, the story has created concern among many who saw it. It has also prompted a significant number of inquiries to the Walker Police Department, both by telephone and through posts to our Facebook Page. Many such inquiries simply want to know if the information is true, while others want more details. At least one post expresses concern that the alleged suspect’s life is now in danger because of the people looking for the suspect.
As many of you are aware, law enforcement agencies are prohibited from releasing the names of minor children who have been the subject of child abuse or any other crimes. Law enforcement agencies would certainly not publish photographs of an injured child. Ordinarily, when asked to comment about an incident in which a child has been injured, abused or is the victim of a crime, law enforcement agencies are able to acknowledge that an investigation is underway and explain that because the alleged victim is a minor, the child’s name and other personal information cannot be made public. In addition, details of such an alleged crime would not be released in order to avoid compromising the investigation.
With respect to an incident like the one described on the referenced Facebook page, the extensive details, photographs and other information included on the Facebook page which purport to be true are such that any law enforcement agency handling such a case could not comment on such information, confirm than an investigation is underway or even acknowledge that such an incident has been alleged to have occurred. Such comments or acknowledgments could confirm all or a part of the information posted and thereby violate the protections afforded to minor children under the law. Equally problematic is the possibility that an investigation into such allegations could be compromised and the successful prosecution of an alleged suspect could be rendered difficult or .
Victims News Online received dozens of e-mails and responses to the earlier article, some from readers who claimed to have spoken directly with the Walker PD regarding this situation. However, the Police Department asserts in its release that they will not discuss any ongoing investigation, and will not confirm whether this situation is being investigated.
Rodeo

United States

#34 Feb 6, 2013
Momto4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to get your facts straight before you judge people on how they "look." Someday, someone might mistake you for someone who "looks" like you need your ass beat. I don't know one way or another the validity of this story, however, I am at least intelligent enough to wait and hear all the evidence before I start advocating any ass beatings or public lynchings! I don't understand what is wrong with people that can't fathom that this child's mother might be a low life, lying piece of trash that is just trying to screw over a guy that dumped her. That has never happened before right?
Why you acting so butthurt? Get over it and pop a Zoloft.
Michele Rust

United States

#35 Feb 6, 2013
UPDATE: Michelle Martin I shared the above link on the Walker Police Department FB page at https//www.facebook.com/Walker .Police and, of course, someone just HAD to comment about not being able to see anything regarding Mr. Edwards. The Walker Police Department then posted a brief statement: "Friends: On Monday of this week, following our investigation of child cruelty allegations, we obtained a warrant for the arrest of Dusty Wes Edwards (32) of Ferriday, Louisiana. At our request, Edwards was arrested this morning by the Concordia Parish Sheriff’s Office. Edwards will remain in jail until tomorrow, at which time Walker Police officers will take him into custody and return him to Livingston Parish, where he will be booked into the Livingston Parish Detention Center on charges of Second Degree Cruelty to a Juvenile. Thank you all for your comments and concerns over the last several days regarding this matter."
Praise the Lord!!! Keep the Faith, Jewel and Melanie Dennison!!!
Linda8903

Portland, OR

#36 Feb 6, 2013
FOOLED wrote:
IT IS A HOAX PEOPLE THE PAGE IS NOW DELETED
What page has been deleted? It is still going around on FB, I have told the folks posting it from the beginning that it is a hoax/scam, I mean if you really stop and think about it and do just a quick internet search has anyone seen an actual NEWS article with this info.?

No it's all posted on blogs
Linda8903

Portland, OR

#37 Feb 6, 2013
I have told the folks posting it from the beginning that it is a hoax/scam as I always check things out before reposting, I mean if you really stop and think about it and do just a quick internet search has anyone seen an actual NEWS article with this info.?

No it's all posted on blogs
Wendy

Vine Grove, KY

#38 Feb 6, 2013
Momto4

Millington, TN

#39 Feb 6, 2013
Rodeo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you acting so butthurt? Get over it and pop a Zoloft.
Clearly you are an ignorant individual if the best you can come up with in response is that. I assure you that I am in no way hurt by any of this. You are as inconsequential to me as a piece of dog crap. I will continue to search for the truth in this story and not blindly believe what is posted on facebook. Clearly you are one of the idiots who believe that you can't post it on the internet if it isn't true.
Angel

Dallas, TX

#40 Feb 6, 2013
It is not a hoax. He has been arrested for aggravated child abuse. Walker Police made a statement about it. The family may not have handled it the way you personally would have but being hateful and judgemental when you really don't know a thing is shameful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Couples Talk? 6 min Guest 28
Rhino Fitness 8 min guest 7
Ashamed 55 min Control Subject 5
Kelly Explicitly 1 hr Super_Chick_ 5
Child Rapist Plea Deal 1 hr Super_Chick_ 2
where to buy sweet watermelons 1 hr Super_Chick_ 3
Radio shack 1 hr Super_Chick_ 11

Searcy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance