Mayor Morris and city council screw c...

Mayor Morris and city council screw city employees again

Posted in the Searcy Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
TiredOfIt

Searcy, AR

#1 Jan 24, 2013
After going on 4yrs without a raise city council finally puts a 1% cost of living raise in the budget. A joke and slap in the face but better than nothing. Now they are wanting to take away the raise to give the airport $20,000 to plant grass. This is ridiculous!

Lockhart, TX

#2 Jan 24, 2013
TiredOfIt wrote:
After going on 4yrs without a raise city council finally puts a 1% cost of living raise in the budget. A joke and slap in the face but better than nothing. Now they are wanting to take away the raise to give the airport $20,000 to plant grass. This is ridiculous!
What ever happened to the house that Dr Patterson donated to the city to be sold and the proceeds given to the police and fire department a few years ago? No one ever saw a dime of that.
breathless

North Little Rock, AR

#3 Jan 24, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>What ever happened to the house that Dr Patterson donated to the city to be sold and the proceeds given to the police and fire department a few years ago? No one ever saw a dime of that.

Maybe his daughter use it for more of those boards and straps.
idgaf

Judsonia, AR

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Who cares yall city workers are not special its a bad economic time what makes yall so much better than everyone else I can if there was a raise to give the fire dept or police should get it first. Most the sanitation dept are on drugs or ex drug heads Or just plain ol stupid. O and wait they all sleep with the women that work there
City workers wife

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2013
idgaf wrote:
Who cares yall city workers are not special its a bad economic time what makes yall so much better than everyone else I can if there was a raise to give the fire dept or police should get it first. Most the sanitation dept are on drugs or ex drug heads Or just plain ol stupid. O and wait they all sleep with the women that work there
Not saying they are any better then you, hell everybody needs a raise but I can assure you my husband has never done drugs in his life and he damn sure has not slept with the "only" woman that works there(I'm not certain you should call her that, there's better names for her!) And not sure why you would call them stupid. Yea I would say some guys there are but my husband is not in any of those categories you named....

Searcy, AR

#6 Jan 24, 2013
idgaf wrote:
You're an idiot and sound like a bitter ex employee. If its a bad economic time then why is it a good idea to spend $20k on grass for the airport. It's not about being special the city employees are supposed to receive a cost of living raise and now will likely not receive it.
idgaf

Judsonia, AR

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot and sound like a bitter ex employee. If its a bad economic time then why is it a good idea to spend $20k on grass for the airport. It's not about being special the city employees are supposed to receive a cost of living raise and now will likely not receive it.
Join the club i have not recived a raise in three years so stop bitching about it and get another job. And no im not a ex employee i justseen most of the trash they hire.
City workers wife

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2013
idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Join the club i have not recived a raise in three years so stop bitching about it and get another job. And no im not a ex employee i justseen most of the trash they hire.
Every job is gonna have some "trash" working there. I'm sure they are trashy people where you work. I work in a very respected place in Searcy and trust me there are plenty of trashy people.

United States

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Well city jus cut 80, 000 from the budget so here the city goes down the drain like this country that our dip shit president is running
idgaf

Judsonia, AR

#10 Jan 24, 2013
City workers wife wrote:
<quoted text>Every job is gonna have some "trash" working there. I'm sure they are trashy people where you work. I work in a very respected place in Searcy and trust me there are plenty of trashy people.
Seems like u agree cause u was trying to talk trash about the " only" girl that works there.
idgaf

Judsonia, AR

#11 Jan 24, 2013
City workers wife wrote:
<quoted text>Every job is gonna have some "trash" working there. I'm sure they are trashy people where you work. I work in a very respected place in Searcy and trust me there are plenty of trashy people.
Who is youre husband
me

Searcy, AR

#12 Jan 24, 2013
idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>Seems like u agree cause u was trying to talk trash about the " only" girl that works there.
Just by reading your recent post, you really seem like you lack A LOT of intelligence. I don't understand your comments, So please save yourself the trouble and stop talking. You are obviously the "trash".
idgaf

Judsonia, AR

#13 Jan 24, 2013
me wrote:
<quoted text>Just by reading your recent post, you really seem like you lack A LOT of intelligence. I don't understand your comments, So please save yourself the trouble and stop talking. You are obviously the "trash".
Na id rather not. But thanks anyway
City workers wife

United States

#14 Jan 24, 2013
idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like u agree cause u was trying to talk trash about the " only" girl that works there.
Your right... As I said, every job will have trash there.
idgaf

Judsonia, AR

#15 Jan 24, 2013
City workers wife wrote:
<quoted text>Your right... As I said, every job will have trash there.
So who is ur husband
hmm

United States

#16 Jan 24, 2013
I will throw out grass seed for 15000 js

Vilonia, AR

#17 Jan 24, 2013
I can see another election for more taxes looming!! Airport or pool or something all the time.. What I witnessed last summer with all the wasting money on flowers and watering and two guys in a new pickup could have saved lots..it's bad management folks... It's the democratic way... Spend spend spend... Ole taxpayer will brunt the load.. We just had to have the new bypass around north city down through school zone how great that's gonna be.. Millions spending.. If you drive downtown you can't go 3 blocks without seeing a police car.. Try it.. I know we need protection ... But it seems overkill..there's room for tighter belts in tighter times.. The taxpayer has to do it..
lifelong searcy resident

Little Rock, AR

#19 Jan 25, 2013
Where was Mark Lane, the city engineer and the Miller Newell Engineering when the decision was made on the dirt to be used at the airport. The city had two workers and water truck run most of the summer watering grass at the airport. It is bad management and incompetence by the city that the taxpayers are having to support. Morris did not have an agenda to curb waste, he asked the city department heads what they wanted, more money was what they wanted to continue waste. Have you noticed the piles of brush and trash in town, that is because they need new trucks. Spending money like a drunk sailor is no way to run a city.
Another resident

United States

#20 Jan 25, 2013
They are trying to continue the myth "a city where thousands live like millions wish they could" . They are far more concerned with appearances and catering to the special interest than they are running the city for the people and it has caught up with them but they expect to continue on like they always have and just let the citizen either pay more taxes or do without basic services if that's what t takes to fund their projects. As long as it looks good on the outside, they do not care if it is financially sound or responcible. No one is holding them accountable.
realist

United States

#21 Jan 28, 2013
The city isn't going to stop spending. Citizens will gripe if trash pick-up goes to one day a week or if a new tax is up for vote. If the council/mayor wanted to know about waste, t(he)y should ask the employees. Every department head just wants more money because some other department might get something that they didn't. They spend every penny of their budgets because if they don't, they "won't get as much next year". The cops get to drive (and wreck)city vehicles when they're off duty while the city pays the gas, maintenance, and insurance. Department heads work 15 hours a week and get paid for 40.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Searcy Baby Dead 38 min Panda 5
Aptitude 1 hr Friends these days 23
/keep a word drop a word/ (Oct '11) 1 hr guest 13,153
Dennis Cartwright? (Jun '12) 1 hr 4thegreatergood 21
Lets Play One Word (Oct '12) 4 hr guest 1,023
Her and her defense 5 hr Wide awake 6
3 marriages are enough 6 hr Intelligent Stand... 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Searcy Mortgages