seary football team
Lion Backer

Searcy, AR

#1 Nov 14, 2009
What a great year Searcy has had in football? But don't you think the boys are the reason not the new coach. I believe Coach Harper is good but you have bunch of boys moving up that are great players. I think that is the reason not JUST the new coach. Give them credit, too.
searcy citizen

Searcy, AR

#2 Nov 14, 2009
thy have alot of juniors this year that are AWESOME players
what

United States

#3 Nov 14, 2009
You can have a team full of great players but you need a good coach to get them ready for the game. Be thankful that Searcy has a good coach and change the way they play the game on the field. The coach does more for the team than you think.

Searcy, AR

#4 Nov 17, 2009
Lion Backer wrote:
What a great year Searcy has had in football? But don't you think the boys are the reason not the new coach. I believe Coach Harper is good but you have bunch of boys moving up that are great players. I think that is the reason not JUST the new coach.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What makes you want to SLIGHT the boys from teams over the past 5-6 years. There was loads of talent on those football teams and they managed to win less than a handful of games. In fact, the 2006 team had players that had gone 10-0 in their freshman year. There were lots of reasons for them losing those games, and yes you can start with the coach.

Truth of the matter is this, the guys just weren't tough and they had no coaching direction. It takes a mixture of coaching, desire, skills, talent and toughness to make a good team. Look at Harding Academy, year in year out they have outstanding teams. Their players are no bigger than ours, their players are no more talented than ours.

I know of several affluent parents that would rather pull their son out of football for lack playing time rather than see them sit on the bench. Yes, less talented and less experienced kids did play only because the parent was one of the "elite boosters".

There is no "I" in T E A M!!

Maybe, just maybe this coach has found the solution to problems that have plagued the Searcy Lions over the last few years. I hope so.
Give them credit, too.
Actually, they ALL deserve credit. The coaches, players, AD's, cheerleaders, band and fans!

Without any of these vital parts, it's not High School Football!
searcy fan

Little Rock, AR

#5 Nov 18, 2009
Give them all credit. It was great to see the Lions in the playoffs this year and hopefully, they will be there next year as a higher seed. A little improvement each year is all that I ask.
Inchy

UK

#6 Jan 20, 2010
Class of '07 was the best!
get some

United States

#7 May 20, 2010
class of 07 has nothing on 02 and under.. I have had coach mallett and coach mac as my coaches all through the years and we won with both...it all about heart...and drive
Searcy 112

Dallas, TX

#8 May 21, 2010
The football team needs to pay attention to what the soccer team is doing and learn. Those guys and gals, go and play every game like is their last one, they practice smart and have recognized outside coaches helping the "teachers-coaches". The players practice and play all year in traveling teams; at the expense and efforts from their parents. So when season begins they are ready. Anyway, people should always look at success and learn, even if all things could not be copied
Jethro Bodine

United States

#9 May 21, 2010
Can the searcy football team beat the pangburn foot ball team? Buddy & Max Bear learned me to box but uncle jed showed me how to restle grils. the beverly hills bank says he dont hav any more money so can i come to Searcy in the 7rd grade? I hope their aint no age limit. I want to someday be a teecher with a good unyon penshioun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do women go back to their abusive boyfriends 41 min Dog_meat 4
why doesn't our Chili's have beer? (Apr '12) 42 min Chapter and Verse 196
Thrusted her too hard 1 hr ItsAsecret 6
10 fitness opening date 1 hr A Hole 2
Cornholin' fat chicks (May '11) 1 hr A Hole 12
Harding members at Red Lobster 2 hr Harding Love Mone... 33
I ddn't do NOTHING Man! 2 hr Justme 5

Searcy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance