does arkids pay for braces?
Searcygal

United States

#63 Jun 8, 2011
You will have to go to a Medicaid approved Orthodontist and have the child examined. The Doctor will rate the severity of it from a 1-10 I believe. And I think it has to be like a 6 before MC will start paying for it. It can't be a cosmetic issue, it has to be more of a health issue.

There is an orthodontist in searcy that accepts arkids, dr. jon hopkins. The point system is correct, but it goes limitless based on cerrain things with the patients teeth like overbite, impacted teeth, and crowding. If 26 points are measured the case can be submitted to LR for approval. It takes avg of 3 months to get an answer
diffnote

United States

#64 Jun 8, 2011
It takes 8-10 mos to get approved for extraction of wisdom teeth to be surgically removed. This is NOT a cosmetic issue. Those dang teeth will be in by approval!
ANC0313

West Helena, AR

#65 Jun 23, 2011
I know for sure Arkids A will because they paid for mine.

Plano, TX

#66 Jun 24, 2011
ANC0313 wrote:
I know for sure Arkids A will because they paid for mine.
How about getting a job and paying everyone back.

Since: Oct 10

United States

#67 Jun 24, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
How about getting a job and paying everyone back.
how about you just stay quiet.

San Antonio, TX

#68 Jun 24, 2011
CRUS45 wrote:
<quoted text>how about you just stay quiet.
You must owe the tax payers alot, eh? Get a job.

Since: Oct 10

United States

#69 Jun 24, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You must owe the tax payers alot, eh? Get a job.
Let me let you in on a little info "guest". I've been working for more years than you've been alive. I'm a family man,I work, pay taxes,vote,all of the other essentials. My wife and I even foster parents when we first moved here,so I've seen how the system works (for the children)Trust me it's not enough. So i personally don't mind giving my taxdollars to take care of these sweet children. It's not their fault that their parents were slackers(like you). Someone has to helpout ,so it's up to us tax payers. You,(if you really DO work and pay taxes) should know that you REALLY DON'T HAVE A CHOICE IN THE MATTER. That's the hard honest truth.
Just saying

Conway, AR

#70 Jun 25, 2011
Raider mom wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knew if arkids pays for braces
Yes they do. You'll have to have your dentist refer you to an orthodontist who will then rate the severity of the child's teeth on a scale of 1-25 it takes 5-6 months to hear back if they approved them or not

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#72 Aug 14, 2011
mom wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you will be happy to know that my husband and I are both self employed tax payers who literally can not afford health insurance. I have had some major unexpected medical issues and was DENIED help on the ground that "my children were both biologically mine and my husbands". So now I owe over 16,000.00 in medical bills and they are still coming in. I for one am THANKFUL that my children can be taken care of where my husband and I can't be.

To "raidermom"..... Dr. Jared Cox is MC approved and his staff was wonderful. I THINK they do braces but I'm not toally for sure. GREAT dentist and staff.:)
I have three children that all belong to my husband and I was able to obtain Medicaid when I needed it, being denied help b/c you don't have several babies' daddies doesn't sound right to me.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#73 Aug 17, 2011
Someonewhoknows wrote:
It better not! As a tax payer I'm fed up and tired of paying for other people's children. If you can't afford them, don't have them.
You are an ass. I have my child on ARKids temporarily because my spouse lost his job and I couldn't afford the insurance on my own. NOT everyone is looking for a handout!!!! Sometimes people fall on hard times and the only choice they have is to turn to the state for a little bit of help. And guess what?? That was my tax dollars working for me for once.

Location hidden

#74 Aug 17, 2011
working mom wrote:
well if u would get off ur lazy butt & get a job and stick with it then u wouldn't b on any government assistant. Anyone that gets assistant for more the 6 months is a LOW LIFE!!
You are another one who is an ass. I am a hard working lady who had to temporarily put my child on medicaid. So get over yourself.

Location hidden

#75 Aug 17, 2011
Doctor Feelgood wrote:
I'm going to give one last opinion on this thread. I am a disabled Veteran of the United States Air Force. Though my disability status doesn't make it that I can't work, because I can, I am greatful for the many services I am able to receive. I am even more greatful for those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice to make this country free and wealthy. I have been to other countries in many different parts of the world and let me tell you that NO other country offers the types of assistance as we do. This is America. Be greatfull and proud that you are American and that we can take care of our own. YES, there are those who abuse the system. I get that. But there are so many others, like myself, who don't and who really need it. My children are on ARKids. It's not that I don't work hard enough, because I work my ass off. So my point is...None of you have any right to judge the circumstances of another. Unless you know the person who started this post and know that she is a lazy good for nothing mooch....STOP WITH THE HATE! If you want to bitch about your taxes....call your congressman and tell them to stop sending 38.7 Billion Dollars in foreign aid to other countries.
Amem!!!
frustrated

United States

#76 Aug 18, 2011
I have mixed feelings about this issue. I do believe in helping people who need it. But not every one on government help needs it and its frustrating to see so many people on it when I know they dont need it and they are milking the system. The other day on facebook I saw someone status saying that I guess,the government wont be paying for this baby. And she was mad that she had to go take out insurance. But all th while she was bringing home $1500 a week (which is double what I bring home) but she still felt that we should be paying for her to have a baby. I can't even afford to have insurance on my own child must less pay for you to have one, because you couldn't keep your legs closed. Yes people like that piss me off and have no right to my money.
<3

San Antonio, TX

#77 Aug 18, 2011
I think it's quite funny. People want to sit there and whine and complain about others that are receiving assistance like they can predict the future or something. One of these days, you people will run out of luck and then while you are receiving assistance and having to deal with whatever burden you were given, you will also have to listen to people (much like yourselves) bitch at you, and judge you and tell you what a piece of crap you are. Maybe then you will realize that shit happens and you can't always plan for it or be ready for it. And no, I do not receive any assistance of any kind. I am just capable of understanding. I hope you come around before disaster hits you and your family or you might feel real stupid filling out that paperwork after talking so much crap.
JustMe

Searcy, AR

#78 Aug 19, 2011
At working mom in Cabot:

Read the book Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich. If you don't want to purchase, visit the library or their website to download the audiobook.

You know, some people are just one paycheck away from major disaster. More than likely, they know they're poor and thus don't live beyond their means. They find it difficult to make ends meet, so what are they supposed to do, act as if these programs don't exist?

Your cure all of work three jobs isn't feasible for some people that are in dire situations. Some people are already spread so thin.

Have you ever been poor? If so, you've forgotten where you've come from. Sure hope you don't fall off your high and mighty horse!

Since: Aug 11

Cabot, AR

#79 Aug 23, 2011
NO they don't. I used to work for an Orthodontist in Searcy and the only way ARKIDS will pay for braces is if their teeth are so crooked that they are physically not able to eat. Sorry :(
/:

Dallas, TX

#80 Aug 23, 2011
I don't understand why mothers are trashing each other... I'm sure everyone of you pay taxes and most of you probably have Medicare or arkids or whatever... My mother (single because i had a pos dad) worked 3 jobs and still had to have arkids for her 3 kids... She worked her ass off just so we could have a place to live and eat... You can't live on one income anymore so my mom had 1 full time job 1 part time job and cleaned houses at night! For parents who can afford care for their kids then they shouldn't use help but there are moms who still can't do it all! So dont talk trash... If you don't like it then don't pay taxes and go to jail... Otherwise STFU!

Cabot, AR

#81 Aug 23, 2011
jfrcherry wrote:
NO they don't. I used to work for an Orthodontist in Searcy and the only way ARKIDS will pay for braces is if their teeth are so crooked that they are physically not able to eat. Sorry :(
Dr.H office accepts ARkods and my daughter was approved and she wasn't unable to eat. I am blessed she was approved tho. Maybe things chained a lil since you been there?

Cabot, AR

#82 Aug 23, 2011
jfrcherry wrote:
Dr. H as in Hopkins, I just hear the ladies in there say that all the time so that I what I call him lol. I assume that is where u worked bc as far as I know that the only one.. I could be wrong tho.
<3<3<3<3<3<3

Searcy, AR

#83 Aug 23, 2011
For arkids to pay for braces, your child must reach a certain amount of points off of a point system. The clinical assistant along with the doctor will look at your child's mouth to determine these points. 1 out of 10 children get approved by the state to have Arkids pay for braces.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who up 12 min king 1
Sink or swim pools 2 hr Truth 17
Hannah Dixon 2 hr Guest 5
hastings closing 3 hr Jose 48
You Wish 5 hr please 2
who stealing plates off cars 5 hr king 1
How to pass a hair follicle test (Nov '13) 5 hr joy 78

Searcy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance