church of christ
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
curiosity

United States

#1 Dec 13, 2012
I was told by a church of Christ that bc I was a baptist I was doomed to hell...?
Thoughts?

Searcy, AR

#2 Dec 13, 2012
curiosity wrote:
I was told by a church of Christ that bc I was a baptist I was doomed to hell...?
Thoughts?
That isn't at all what we believe. It doesn't matter to us what affiliation you are as long as you do what is right. If you are here to just bash the church of Christ then I feel sorry for you but if not then please don't mistake one's misguided beliefs for all of us. I hope this helps you some.
curiosity

United States

#3 Dec 14, 2012
member wrote:
<quoted text>That isn't at all what we believe. It doesn't matter to us what affiliation you are as long as you do what is right. If you are here to just bash the church of Christ then I feel sorry for you but if not then please don't mistake one's misguided beliefs for all of us. I hope this helps you some.
Woah, who said anything about bashing? I was just wondering... I've actually heard this statement from several members of the church of Christ denomination. It just doesn't sound like the "Christian" thing to say to people. Hence my confusion. I'm also an Harding student and feel very discounted bc I'm not a member of the denomination... I just think its sad...

Searcy, AR

#4 Dec 14, 2012
curiosity wrote:
<quoted text>Woah, who said anything about bashing? I was just wondering... I've actually heard this statement from several members of the church of Christ denomination. It just doesn't sound like the "Christian" thing to say to people. Hence my confusion. I'm also an Harding student and feel very discounted bc I'm not a member of the denomination... I just think its sad...
Well my apologies if I offended you. If you are a baptist why didn't you go to obu? Just wondering I guess. I've heard the same thing your talking about from some baptist but I also know that there are many kinds if baptist and I don't judge all of them off what a few say.
BEAMER_Chikk

United States

#5 Dec 14, 2012
member wrote:
<quoted text>Well my apologies if I offended you. If you are a baptist why didn't you go to obu? Just wondering I guess. I've heard the same thing your talking about from some baptist but I also know that there are many kinds if baptist and I don't judge all of them off what a few say.
Because OBU is twice the cost and I am engaged and from Searcy so I wouldn't leave my fiancé. I'm not judging, just curious-- key word--
It just seems to be a reoccurring thing with Church of Christs.
Even at HU, they don't hire "Christians" only Church Of Christs. That just seems questionable to me.
BlankStare

Bald Knob, AR

#6 Dec 14, 2012
Religions are evil. They are nothing more than cults spreading fear to keep people under submission.
Caleb

United States

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Cambellites adhere to the errant doctrines of Thomas and Alexander Cambell founders of what is commonly known today as the Church of Christ or Disciples of Christ churches. There are a few denoms that hold to the Restorationist thinking of these two men and Barton Stone.
Hmm

United States

#8 Dec 19, 2012
I'm COC and have grown up believing we were non denominational.
ughhhh

Searcy, AR

#9 Dec 19, 2012
Some people like to "doom" people of other denominations because they're demented losers. I'm a baptist and I'm secure in my beliefs and I know that I'm going to Heaven. To each their own.
Be blessed

Searcy, AR

#10 Dec 20, 2012
Hmm wrote:
I'm COC and have grown up believing we were non denominational.
I am a cradle CoC and what I was taught was not that we were non denominational but that we were not a denomination; rather the only true church, the only one true to biblical teaching, ie: The Church: church of Christ. I have heard several times from the pulpit that Baptists are going to hell. There is no central organization that I know of so perhaps different coc groups believe differently. Some believe that some of them (other coCs) are going to hell.
Be blessed

Searcy, AR

#11 Dec 20, 2012
curiosity wrote:
Thoughts?
Like I said, I have heard that from the pulpit many times over the years at several different coC congregations; specifically Baptists, Catholics and all others denominations.
Crazy

Lubbock, TX

#12 Dec 20, 2012
Where in the bible does it say you have to attend a certain church to get to heaven?? From what I was taught and have read on my own you only have to ask god into your heart and believe that Christ died for ALL sinners. "Whoever believes in him is NOT condemned" John 3:18

United States

#13 Dec 20, 2012
I'm Church of Christ and I certainly do not believe that way. Just make sure whatever church you go to that they preach and teach Gods word chapter to chapter verse to verse.

United States

#14 Dec 20, 2012
I went to college there in Searcy and spent several year sin those churches. There are some amazing, good people there, but unfortunately a lot of what you hear about them is true of a lot of them.
Amy

United States

#15 Dec 20, 2012
curiosity wrote:
<quoted text>Woah, who said anything about bashing? I was just wondering... I've actually heard this statement from several members of the church of Christ denomination. It just doesn't sound like the "Christian" thing to say to people. Hence my confusion. I'm also an Harding student and feel very discounted bc I'm not a member of the denomination... I just think its sad...
As long as you have accepted Christ as your savior & make a daily conscious effort to live as He would, you are not damned to hell.
question

United States

#16 Dec 20, 2012
GUEST wrote:
I'm Church of Christ and I certainly do not believe that way. Just make sure whatever church you go to that they preach and teach Gods word chapter to chapter verse to verse.
If the "church of Christ" was established in the 1800's, what happened to all the people who lived & died before the church was established?
ughhhh

Searcy, AR

#17 Dec 21, 2012
question wrote:
<quoted text>
If the "church of Christ" was established in the 1800's, what happened to all the people who lived & died before the church was established?
I have no clue. But that's a good question. You should ask a Harding bible professor in front of his class.. That would start a ruckus I'd LOVE to see.
Ding Ding

Mena, AR

#18 Dec 21, 2012
curiosity wrote:
Thoughts?
The CC'rs all think everybody but them is going straight to Hell.
Dude

Cabot, AR

#19 Dec 21, 2012
question wrote:
<quoted text>
It was established in AD 33, after Christ rose to the Heavens.
Dude

Cabot, AR

#20 Dec 21, 2012
Ding Ding wrote:
<quoted text>
The CC'rs all think everybody but them is going straight to Hell.
Not a true statement, all of us dont believe that. There are many in the denominations (which by the way means "divisions") who believe they are the only ones doing God's will and everyone else is going to Hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Curtis and Jeff Reynolds 5 hr Guest 6
Email 8 hr Bored 1
Folk nation (Oct '11) 8 hr Mmm 18
Harding College Hurting Searcy 13 hr HU Searcys Hemorr... 47
Unshaven girls 13 hr Guest 4
Why is it so hard to find a good careing girl t... 19 hr Standpoints View 25
becky's hallmark 20 hr gigi 16

Searcy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance