anyone know where to findd a sponsor ...

anyone know where to findd a sponsor for a needy family for christmas still?

Posted in the Searcy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Searcy, AR

#1 Nov 22, 2013
Any info would greatly be appreciated i have never had to apply and think I'm too late, and this Christmas will be depressing, ;( holidays are always hard on me its when i lost loved ones but trying to stay stong for my babies
red

Austin, AR

#3 Nov 22, 2013
guest wrote:
Any info would greatly be appreciated i have never had to apply and think I'm too late, and this Christmas will be depressing, ;( holidays are always hard on me its when i lost loved ones but trying to stay stong for my babies
How old are your children?

Searcy, AR

#4 Nov 22, 2013
A boy 10 a girl 8 another boy 5 and another baby gurl 2
Sweet Sonic Baby

Plainville, CT

#5 Nov 22, 2013
did ya'll try the Salvation Army?
behapyugoteachot her

Ashland, PA

#6 Nov 22, 2013
guest wrote:
go to dollar general and by them gifts having ur family is all u need at Christmas time someone told me they hate Christmas time it is over rated I love Christmas time .A gift is something special I hope u understand it is not the amount spent it is the thought . Do some things special for Christmas make ornaments for ur tree . Pop some popcorn and get a movie set down as a family and watch the movie together.Make cookies together as a family . take red and green paper and a staple gun make garland for ur tree have ur children help u make this .This is something that ur children will remember many years latter .I know ur heart is broken cuz ur hoping to spend alot of money on each child I am trying to say its not the amount u spend its the time u spend with them .What are the gifts that ur wanting to get them ?I hope what I said makes sense alot of hugs xoxoxo
shes famous now

Mabelvale, AR

#7 Nov 22, 2013
behapyugoteachother wrote:
<quoted text>go to dollar general and by them gifts having ur family is all u need at Christmas time someone told me they hate Christmas time it is over rated I love Christmas time .A gift is something special I hope u understand it is not the amount spent it is the thought . Do some things special for Christmas make ornaments for ur tree . Pop some popcorn and get a movie set down as a family and watch the movie together.Make cookies together as a family . take red and green paper and a staple gun make garland for ur tree have ur children help u make this .This is something that ur children will remember many years latter .I know ur heart is broken cuz ur hoping to spend alot of money on each child I am trying to say its not the amount u spend its the time u spend with them .What are the gifts that ur wanting to get them ?I hope what I said makes sense alot of hugs xoxoxo
Agree. Although we spend the holidays eating with family every year my daughter and I make thanksgiving and christmas dinner just for us... We by a tiny turkey breast and make a small dish of several sides. Making memories. She's 16 now and still looks forward to this tradition I started with her
behapyugoteachot her

Ashland, PA

#8 Nov 22, 2013
shes famous now wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Although we spend the holidays eating with family every year my daughter and I make thanksgiving and christmas dinner just for us... We by a tiny turkey breast and make a small dish of several sides. Making memories. She's 16 now and still looks forward to this tradition I started with her
That is something special that she will do with her child or children when old enough to have a family It is about memories .It is a special bond between u two that are beautiful memories in both of ur hearts .Thank u for sharing this with us.
hmm

Searcy, AR

#9 Nov 23, 2013
I wish someone would help me. But since i have a JOB they wont. Crazy how America works! Do they realize that money from my JOB goes to bills. Owell my children would be fine,with dollar store things.
wondering

Searcy, AR

#10 Nov 23, 2013
When you say "Needy" what do you mean? What are the circumstances?
BE HONEST

Ashland, PA

#11 Nov 23, 2013
hmm wrote:
I wish someone would help me. But since i have a JOB they wont. Crazy how America works! Do they realize that money from my JOB goes to bills. Owell my children would be fine,with dollar store things.
Be greatful u have a family teach them the most important thing in life ur together and u love them more then anything. I use to take my sons toys when he was little and wrap them up for gifts he did not know the difference he was little . I would buy him some new ones or go to yard sales. Even though I did this it was the thought not the amount that the gift was
BE HONEST

Ashland, PA

#12 Nov 23, 2013
hmm wrote:
Toys he already had I would wrap up and put under the tree he was little did not know the difference but had a blast opening his gifts
BE HONEST

Ashland, PA

#14 Nov 23, 2013
Duck Talk wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the lamest thing I ever heard! He gunna think Santa is a nut!
Not nuts when there 1 , 2 or 3 years old a gift is a gift "bills come first" that's why now I have a home and a rental U do what needs too be done not what others think it really does not matter what others think my child now a grown up had a blast opening gifts. I did not spend 100s of dollars which I did not have so either figure out how to give ur child the best Christmas ever or try to find help to get them gifts. We had many yrs of joy and happiness and still do to this day .Now I buy very little at Christmas. We have a roof over our heads a beautiful home .I was a single parent still am a single parent I raised my child on my own .LOVE memories and being together IS WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT NOT EXPENSES GIFTS.I feel sorry for the ones that think money buys happiness it does not.
Actually

Searcy, AR

#15 Nov 23, 2013
BE HONEST wrote:
<quoted text> Not nuts when there 1 , 2 or 3 years old a gift is a gift "bills come first" that's why now I have a home and a rental U do what needs too be done not what others think it really does not matter what others think my child now a grown up had a blast opening gifts. I did not spend 100s of dollars which I did not have so either figure out how to give ur child the best Christmas ever or try to find help to get them gifts. We had many yrs of joy and happiness and still do to this day .Now I buy very little at Christmas. We have a roof over our heads a beautiful home .I was a single parent still am a single parent I raised my child on my own .LOVE memories and being together IS WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT NOT EXPENSES GIFTS.I feel sorry for the ones that think money buys happiness it does not.
Actually, as someone who started out poor and did really well... money might not buy happiness, but it's a damn sure lot more comfortable than being poor. No matter what happens, that's one less (big) thing to worry about.
BE HONEST

Ashland, PA

#16 Nov 23, 2013
Actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, as someone who started out poor and did really well... money might not buy happiness, but it's a damn sure lot more comfortable than being poor. No matter what happens, that's one less (big) thing to worry about.
Yes ur right thats how it works out we all are poor unless u have rich parents and inherit property from ur parents that helps. I still work and did not get any hand outs But I am single older never dated much never will . If the person I like ask me too marry I would . So I am not trying to be mean I am trying to say reguardless of what u give the most important gift is being together at all holidays not just christmas time my parents bought us a gift each it was a blessing to get that gift cuz knowing how hard my dad worked to provide for us when I was growing up . HUGS LOVE BEING TOGETHER MAKE IT UR SPECIAL DAY
Bi and proud

Searcy, AR

#17 Nov 23, 2013
write a letter to your kids telling them how much you love them. Mention specific moments during this past year when you were proud to have them as your child, mention an accomplishment they made. The child will love to hear how proud their parent is of them and it serves as a great keepsake for years to come.
God bless

Searcy, AR

#18 Nov 23, 2013
I think you guys are missing the point here..it isn't about the mom not having the money to buy a lavish Christmas..it's because she can't do anything. I know how this is firsthand and it hurts. Going to the dollar store was still more than I had to spend. Yes, bills do come first. I totally agree. But kids don't understand that. They may appreciate the letter later in life, but right now, those babies don't understand why Santa isn't coming. It is not their fault. Chances are, it isn't the mother's either. Most people don't choose NOT to work. Circumstances and life happen, sometimes at the worst possible time. I have been there. Not able to buy for my kids..Christmas or birthday. They know I love them more than anyone else in the world, but that didn't mean that they understood why I didn't get them anything. Good luck to you, guest. I pray for good things to come your way. Hang in there, something will work out :)
really

Houston, TX

#19 Nov 23, 2013
guest wrote:
Quit bumming please . Focus on employment and work hard .
Sonic Baby

Plainville, CT

#20 Nov 23, 2013
Be proud and ignore all the terrible criticism's ---some day they may be in your circumstances and then know the actual pain and distress of having children and not having the monies to give a child that special gift that kid has asked for--one of the saddest things in the world to experience.

Good luck and move forward, be proud---love is the ultimate from your child--nothing more

so long country pumpkin
Single mother

United States

#21 Nov 23, 2013
The best Christmas my kids ever had was the year we couldn't afford gifts. They learned the true meaning of Christmas that year and It was one of the happiest times in our lives!
Single mother

United States

#22 Nov 23, 2013
God bless wrote:
I think you guys are missing the point here..it isn't about the mom not having the money to buy a lavish Christmas..it's because she can't do anything. I know how this is firsthand and it hurts. Going to the dollar store was still more than I had to spend. Yes, bills do come first. I totally agree. But kids don't understand that. They may appreciate the letter later in life, but right now, those babies don't understand why Santa isn't coming. It is not their fault. Chances are, it isn't the mother's either. Most people don't choose NOT to work. Circumstances and life happen, sometimes at the worst possible time. I have been there. Not able to buy for my kids..Christmas or birthday. They know I love them more than anyone else in the world, but that didn't mean that they understood why I didn't get them anything. Good luck to you, guest. I pray for good things to come your way. Hang in there, something will work out :)
You are right! I can tell you have a kind heart. When your child hurts, you hurt as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rufus on Women! 8 min Tommy 4
Ammo factory 1 hr Guess who 4
eminem speaks truth for america ! ! ! 3 hr jim bob 20
dan 9 hr Wibzu 12
Dabs/wax/concentrates 13 hr xanax 3
Breaking ground 14 hr Just curious 1
Lets Play One Word (Oct '12) 15 hr Vagabond 1,237

Searcy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance