Who is a good lawyer to use for a fat...

Who is a good lawyer to use for a father wanting joint custody?

Posted in the Searcy Forum

Searcy, AR

#1 Jan 25, 2013
Who is best in the Searcy area?
Lol

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2013
None. Go out of town.

“Yoo-hoo... I'll make ya famous”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 26, 2013
Paul Petty got a friend of mine full custody, but the mother was proven unfit.
Red Morgan is my attorney and we love him. People mouth off that he's too old or in poor health.
But he knows his business, that's for sure.
My next choice would be Penny Choate.
Most judges prefer joint custody, so it shouldn't be too big of deal. Good luck :)
you kno

Greenbrier, AR

#4 Jan 26, 2013
It depends on why you are wanting joint custody. And it depends on if y'all were married and you have full custody to the mother at the time of divorce.
you kno

Greenbrier, AR

#5 Jan 26, 2013
*gave full custody
singlemom

United States

#6 Jan 26, 2013
What if the father ran out on the kids at a very young age and doesn't contact them or care about them nor ask about them?When going to court for custody would he have any rights or would they be terminated. And no we where never married an only together five years.
Nana

United States

#7 Jan 26, 2013
singlemom wrote:
What if the father ran out on the kids at a very young age and doesn't contact them or care about them nor ask about them?When going to court for custody would he have any rights or would they be terminated. And no we where never married an only together five years.
Well I'm not completely sure about all that stuff you can look it up on the Arkansas website it'll tell you everything you need to know. A very good friend of mine was in a situation that sounds quite simular to yours. She and the father of their two kids were never married, They had the kids very close together he was never a part of those kids life, never even tried until he finally decided to grow up and married a girl that had kids herself, and I assume talked him into trying to see the children he had abandoned years before, of course not the story he told her. His version was he wasn't allowed to see those children, when that was a flat out lie I saw my friend more than a few times try to get him to be involved with those kids and he refused everytime or would just ignore her altogether she finally gave up and two years later after "he'd changed" He decides he wants to be a "daddy" to those babies he didn't want! They'll be going through the court stuff soon but the way I took it is, it's the law in the state of Arkansas if you know the child/children are yours or are thought to be yours and you do not have any contact with them within a year of there life, or after a year from last contact with them it is considered as abandonment, and they have no rights. But like I said I'm not 100% on that but really it should be that way sad how these "men" wanna make all these innocent babies then just have nothing to do with them I guess unless its convient for them. Selfish and disgusting if you ask me.
singlemom

United States

#8 Jan 26, 2013
Nana wrote:
<quoted text>Well I'm not completely sure about all that stuff you can look it up on the Arkansas website it'll tell you everything you need to know. A very good friend of mine was in a situation that sounds quite simular to yours. She and the father of their two kids were never married, They had the kids very close together he was never a part of those kids life, never even tried until he finally decided to grow up and married a girl that had kids herself, and I assume talked him into trying to see the children he had abandoned years before, of course not the story he told her. His version was he wasn't allowed to see those children, when that was a flat out lie I saw my friend more than a few times try to get him to be involved with those kids and he refused everytime or would just ignore her altogether she finally gave up and two years later after "he'd changed" He decides he wants to be a "daddy" to those babies he didn't want! They'll be going through the court stuff soon but the way I took it is, it's the law in the state of Arkansas if you know the child/children are yours or are thought to be yours and you do not have any contact with them within a year of there life, or after a year from last contact with them it is considered as abandonment, and they have no rights. But like I said I'm not 100% on that but really it should be that way sad how these "men" wanna make all these innocent babies then just have nothing to do with them I guess unless its convient for them. Selfish and disgusting if you ask me.
That sounds excatly like my situation. Also !! And thank you so much for the advice!
Nana

United States

#9 Jan 26, 2013
singlemom wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds excatly like my situation. Also !! And thank you so much for the advice!
You're very welcome, and I wish you and your kids all the luck in the world!
you kno

Greenbrier, AR

#10 Jan 27, 2013
I have always been told that if a parent doesn't contact the child or try too in over a full year the forfeit their rights to the child.
trey

United States

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Robert Hugdins is the best
heck yea

Searcy, AR

#12 Jan 27, 2013
singlemom wrote:
If you we're never married the woman has custody from the start. You have to prove the mother unfit to get them. As the father and you have to prove that you the father. I am doing that know.
hell yeah

United States

#13 Jan 30, 2013
Mark derrick or red morgan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hastings closing 33 min jill 42
Beating my meat 36 min Friend of Dog 11
Question for the guys 3 hr Dick 6
mac sims 6 hr man of her dreams 1
Where are you ?? John B. 9 hr Curious 1
Coke or Pepsi! 12 hr Searcy Paparazzi 16
Beating up a b!tch don't make ya sh!t 13 hr Dogs game 4

Searcy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance