First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dontknow

United States

#1 Feb 4, 2013
I have an at&t iphone 4. Does anybody know how or where to get a prepaid service for it? Contract is killing me.

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 4, 2013
dontknow wrote:
I have an at&t iphone 4. Does anybody know how or where to get a prepaid service for it? Contract is killing me.
If you bought it from AT&T, it's against the law now to have it unlocked to switch service.
dontknow

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Because they lose money that way?

“NSA”

Location hidden

#4 Feb 4, 2013
Yup! Copyright infringement they claim, but it's not. The iPhone is made to be unlocked, so why is it against the law to unlock a piece of property you own? Its just the lobbyists for the carriers paying off people to may it against the law so you'll have to buy another phone to switch carriers. Also, it's another iPhone you'll have to buy, if you choose it again. So I bet apple had a hand in that too, for sales reasons. Everyone gains from that, but the customer. Fck em all!
shizz

United States

#5 Feb 4, 2013
Take it to iRepair Cellular, and they will do the rest, they did it for me.

Since: Jan 13

Fayetteville, AR

#6 Feb 4, 2013
What? The phone is legal to unlock especially if you paid for it it's your property. Anyway straight talk will let you and a couple others. But you would have to buy out your AT&T contract first.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#7 Feb 4, 2013
Mr Ransom wrote:
What? The phone is legal to unlock especially if you paid for it it's your property. Anyway straight talk will let you and a couple others. But you would have to buy out your AT&T contract first.
As of I think last week, it is illegal! And that is my same argument! It's my property, I bought it! I'll do as I please with it! But the new law states that is illegal now and you can be fined up to 2,500 bucks, or jail time if ur doing it for commercial use. Yea I know, it's definite some bullsht! And it's far from right, but it is for a fact against the law now. Look it up if ya don't believe me!

“NSA”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 4, 2013
Let me clarify that. Up to 2,500 dollar fine for personal use. And can get jail time if you unlock it for commercial use.

Since: Jan 13

Fayetteville, AR

#9 Feb 4, 2013
Oh yeah I heard about that. Well I'm sorry hut when I purchase something it's my property and I'll do what I please as long as I'm not stealing anything, sue me lol

“NSA”

Location hidden

#10 Feb 4, 2013
That's the same way I feel, it's mine I bought it, who the fck are they to tell us wtf we can do with our own property. The law states you can unlock it if you get the carriers permission. If I was to ever be told no, I'd never use them ever again! Fck em!
Umm

United States

#11 Feb 4, 2013
dontknow wrote:
jus get a go phone SIM card from Walmart .. Or AT&T jus tell them u need a SIM card for a go phone it's free
straight talk provider

Cabot, AR

#12 Feb 4, 2013
Wat is a email or phone number I can help u out
Rodeo

United States

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Who says it's illegal? It was passed that it's not illegal. Why did they change it?

“NSA”

Location hidden

#15 Feb 5, 2013
Rodeo, I'm guessing lobbyists swayed them. But it was on the news. I was shocked and pizzed like a muh fcker!
Rodeo

United States

#16 Feb 5, 2013
I googled it. It's only illegal to unlock phones purchased after January 26, 2013. Jailbreaking is still legal but unlocking phones purchased after the 26th is illegal. So I'm good, I bought my iPhone last August so I can have it unlocked. I was thinking of switching because I am sick of At&t's drama.
Rodeo

United States

#17 Feb 5, 2013
Stupid controlling lobbyists.
Helltown

United States

#18 Feb 5, 2013
B-rad get ur loser a$$ back to west helena topix . People he is c_unt from helena
to be quite candid

United States

#19 Feb 5, 2013
If you do straight talk you will notice that the server ID you use will have the notations of Cingular and AT&T in them. Cingular and AT&T merged back years. I have straight talk on my I phone and it is half the cost of AT&T with out any hassles and it's unlimited everything.
Maybe

Olive Branch, MS

#20 Feb 5, 2013
Call att as long as the phone isn't stolen or under contract they will release the copyright then go to the straight talk website and order a SIM card to fit thae iPhone 3G or 3GS they didn't have one for a 4. O yeah b4 u get the SIM card u have to hook the device to a new I tune account. I did this a month ago and have a 3GS with straight talk
Maybe

Olive Branch, MS

#21 Feb 5, 2013
U could try cutting the dim card down to fit the 4. U may end up losing $30 tho

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Searcy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You meet the perfect person, but they have some... 57 min Kelly 29
Tommy trosper & accomplice 3 hr oyea 20
For the next 24hrs, penalties for any crime is... 4 hr Super_Chick_ 11
Nurses!!!! (May '12) 5 hr Sds1212 38
Tommy Trospher 5 hr Kelly 9
Imagine this scenario 5 hr Kelly 12
Blessed Be 5 hr Kelly 4

Searcy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance