Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

The other night I pulled into the parking lot at my local Long Beach Ralphs. It was about 8 pm and raining off and on. In the parking lot was a woman and her teenage daughter, standing next to their car with two flat tires, thanks to something they hit on Wardlow Road.

She was from Orange County, stranded with no Auto Club membership. She said a service station she called wanted $60 to help her (which she did not have). She called a friend for help but she had not called back, and the woman's cell phone was dying. Plus it was about to start raining again.

All of this would be more than enough to stress out any of us. But do you want to know what really ticked her off? "I went into that Ralphs to get something to eat AND THEY HAD NO PLASTIC BAGS!"

Welcome to Long Beach, the laughingstock of the civilized world.
Sack Lover

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

... hopefully there was a happy end to her story. A nice young man volunteered to sit in a puddle and put her spare on the front flat tire. She seemed to think the rear flat tire would hold up if she could get to a gas station and pump some air into it.

Congratulations to that courteous young man!
dr phil

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sack Lover wrote:
The other night I pulled into the parking lot at my local Long Beach Ralphs. It was about 8 pm and raining off and on. In the parking lot was a woman and her teenage daughter, standing next to their car with two flat tires, thanks to something they hit on Wardlow Road.
She was from Orange County, stranded with no Auto Club membership. She said a service station she called wanted $60 to help her (which she did not have). She called a friend for help but she had not called back, and the woman's cell phone was dying. Plus it was about to start raining again.
All of this would be more than enough to stress out any of us. But do you want to know what really ticked her off? "I went into that Ralphs to get something to eat AND THEY HAD NO PLASTIC BAGS!"
Welcome to Long Beach, the laughingstock of the civilized world.
They have plastic and paper bags for 10 cents apiece. You can also get free ones in the produce section. I think your new girlfriend is a ninny, and belongs in orange county.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at August 21 at 8:21PM PDT

•••

Seal Beach News Video

•••
•••

Seal Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Seal Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE