Long Beach winter shelter for homeless opens in former Jesse James' West Coast Choppers site

Nov 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Press-Telegram

As Jim Lewis fought off the effects of a lingering illness Friday, he oversaw the installation of beds and awaited a building inspector to give the final nod to open the 2012-2013 Long Beach Winter Emergency Homeless Shelter.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Dec 24, 2012
Kush Prince

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Some lucky homeless guy gets to sleep on that couch where Jesse James banged all those women, including the girl with the tattoos on her forehead.
What

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Wasn't there a news story last year that someone had purchased this building out of foreclosure for an astounding amount of money? How did it end up as a homeless shelter?
steve

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

What wrote:
Wasn't there a news story last year that someone had purchased this building out of foreclosure for an astounding amount of money? How did it end up as a homeless shelter?
Don't know. The PT apparently didn't have a reporter to put on the story, so just sent Greg Mellon instead.
Maybe LBReport.com has something about it.
What

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

The karma in that building is so bad, I would never stay there no matter how homeless I was.
how the

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

What wrote:
The karma in that building is so bad, I would never stay there no matter how homeless I was.
Next Councilman Garcia will turn it into a gay bar, and name it after some dead gay guy. And the street! lol
What

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Around the time of the divorce Jesse James put the building on the market for $1.2 million (plus $2.2 million for another property across the street). No one purchased them, and BofA foreclosed. A year ago a Newport Beach partnership bought it for $400,000. And now it's a homeless shelter. Brilliant business plan.
Bob Lewis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

If the SEIU is successful forcing WalMart to leave California, the huge downtown store can be a Homeless Shelter/Crack House next year.
Very "Progressive" and so very Long Beach!!
That would be F A B U L O U S!!!
patron

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Bob Lewis wrote:
If the SEIU is successful forcing WalMart to leave California, the huge downtown store can be a Homeless Shelter/Crack House next year.
Very "Progressive" and so very Long Beach!!
That would be F A B U L O U S!!!
How would you be able to tell the difference, except for the greeters?
Hobo Power

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

It's starting to rain so maybe I should head over to the homeless shelter. Are there any hot babes there?
visitors guide

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Hobo Power wrote:
It's starting to rain so maybe I should head over to the homeless shelter. Are there any hot babes there?
I think you may have some illegitimate preconceived notions regarding the Harvey Milk Homeless Center for Adults.
CSULB Josh

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

If Measure N forces the Hyatt to give up on Long Beach there are 529 rooms which could be used to attract more homeless and illegals from around the County to "choose" Long Beach.
Hobo Power

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Who wants to spend the night in an industrial building in a sketchy part of West Long Beach. I'm heading for a nice hotel with a chocolate on my pillow, where they pay a living wage to their hot Latina maids.

Does the Golden Sails still have Club Bounce, that nightclub for plus-sized women? I am stoked!
seen it

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Hobo Power wrote:
Who wants to spend the night in an industrial building in a sketchy part of West Long Beach. I'm heading for a nice hotel with a chocolate on my pillow, where they pay a living wage to their hot Latina maids.
Does the Golden Sails still have Club Bounce, that nightclub for plus-sized women? I am stoked!
That was discontinued. Unfortunately, management made the unfortunate decision to offer an all-you-can-eat buffet. Early in the evening, they ran out of bacon, Then the velveeta cheese fountain malfunctioned. The crowd worked itself up into a frenzy. The police were called. Then the forklifts.
They had to close it down the very same night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Seal Beach News Video

•••
Seal Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Seal Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••