First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Person ALSO on the bus

Post, TX

#21 Jan 7, 2011
@Person on the BUS..im not saying the team made her resign.That was her choice, and it made ME feel like she abandoned US.Truthfully, Can you say YOU dont text and drive?Can you say YOU never made a mistake? Yes, she might have made a bad decision that COULD have ended terribly,but it didn't.So instead of talking bad about her why don't we forgive her and be the bigger people?(Ephesians 4:32....and be kind to one another,tenderhearted,forgivin g each other,just as God also in Christ forgave you.)
Parent

Hobbs, NM

#22 Jan 7, 2011
A slap on the hand is not enough to let it go. The school district should be sued for endangering children's lives! The girls were not trying to get rid of the coach, in fact they let it slide many times. Many times the children don't speak out because they are afraid of being punished. They know a lot of things that happen around the district, especially with the so called "professionals" and the kids choose not to speak out or turn them in.
If it was as easy as writing a note and allowing the girls to ride with the parents then why have several parents ran into issues with the coaches over letting their daughter ride home with them this year (with a note in hand)? Why are their cell phones being picked up? If there wasn't guilt in the situation with the texting and driving, then why are the girls getting punished and having their cell phones taken away? Afraid another picture may be taken? The only reason the girls may be upset after the games is because they are not being coached to their full potential. Yelling and screaming at them is not going to win games!(Another issues that can be proven through video!)
Bottom Line

Hobbs, NM

#23 Jan 8, 2011
Bottom Line is this...coach was texting therefore she resigned. People it is time to let it go. Coach W will suffer for her mistakes for a long time, 1)she loved to coach and is no longer able to do that, 2)she will be talked about for a long time, 3)she hurt some girls that she really did care about, 4)her pay will decrease at a really bad time, and I could go on and on. I think resigning is enough. The school district is handling it perfectly...the children are no longer in danger, they are not having to spend alot of money on a lawsuit, and they have moved an excellent coach into that position.
Now parents are going to have issues with every coach no matter what. If you want your daughters to be good players...back off and start supporting the staff. As far as cell phones being picked up now that has nothing to do with the "old" situation. Sounds to me like you have a new coach that is about business and wants the kids to focus on the game instead of talking to friends/boyfriends before game time. Seagraves has a good coach now, who was once a great player, if everyone gets serious and becomes a team you may start winning games.-riding the bus home together is what a team does,-getting yelled at is part of it...if you can't take it, your not forced to play. I think now its time to get on board or get off the team!
Parent wrote:
A slap on the hand is not enough to let it go. The school district should be sued for endangering children's lives! The girls were not trying to get rid of the coach, in fact they let it slide many times. Many times the children don't speak out because they are afraid of being punished. They know a lot of things that happen around the district, especially with the so called "professionals" and the kids choose not to speak out or turn them in.
If it was as easy as writing a note and allowing the girls to ride with the parents then why have several parents ran into issues with the coaches over letting their daughter ride home with them this year (with a note in hand)? Why are their cell phones being picked up? If there wasn't guilt in the situation with the texting and driving, then why are the girls getting punished and having their cell phones taken away? Afraid another picture may be taken? The only reason the girls may be upset after the games is because they are not being coached to their full potential. Yelling and screaming at them is not going to win games!(Another issues that can be proven through video!)
ownup

Lawrenceville, GA

#24 Jan 8, 2011
Fully informed wrote:
Yes you can see exact times and recipients of texts on phone records. And yes it is easy to see if she was truthful.
I want all who will hear to hear that this was not the first time the girls have tried to get rid of the coach. She was placed on leave as soon as reports reached the school officials. She and her family decided she should resign, rather than continue to deal with the continuous attacks by some of the players and their parents.
Parent notes are required for the liability of the school. The girls are allowed to ride home with parents after games and they know the steps to take in order to arrange it. The problem is when girls are mad after a game and tell the school they don't want to ride home with the team and they are going with their family member but will not simply follow the steps necessary. Step 1 talk to coach with parent (politely) Step 2 write a note to give coach and say see you later, have a great day!
Not the first time, huh... Still backing the wrong doings of the district, are you. Thats where the District is making mistakes, is by not listening to the students and being one-sided, when dealing with issues concerning a teacher/coach and a student. The girls ARE told, that they are not allowed to ride home with a parent after a out of town game. Oh; and by the way, its not the girls mad after a game and want to ride home with their parents. The girls would rather ride home with the team, but its when the parents need to take care of personal buisness and will not be able to be at home by the time the team arrives back home. The coaches are doing it, despite the girls, cause the coaches are mad. Are the coaches going to watch the girls at home til the parents get home, nope..I dont think so! If anything its a favor to let one of the girls ride home with parents, less hassle. Besides all this, even if the student athlete is allowed to, they'll punish her by limiting her playing time the next game. Now that you decided to open another can; hell, they are even coming home afterwards and practicing(running) for an hour or so...whats with that...REALLY!! Are the coaches running; after all, they do preach team unity...it's not all the girls fault? coaches take some responsibilty!
former student

Hobbs, NM

#25 Jan 11, 2011
DRAMA!!!!DRAMA!!!!DRAMA!!!! Thats all Seagraves is!!
Family Member

United States

#26 Jan 12, 2011
Ok, so I have to say I am a bit surprised at the last couple of postings about the "new" Coach for the girls' Varsity basketball team. Parents, you gritched and moaned and groaned because the female Coach was NOT coaching during the games and that the Coach was too good a friend's with the girls, and now that you have a REAL COACH, one who hollers at them during a game (that is called coaching), one that makes them practice to their fullest ability (that is called coaching), one who might make them go in after a game and run a little (yep, you guessed it...called coaching), one that takes up their cell phones on the bus before a game (that is called a Coach trying to keep them focused!), and oh my word if someone yells at another persons kid, that is just too harsh. Well, you know what? If that athlete cannot handle being yelled at, GET OFF THE TEAM. I am truly SICK and TIRED of complaining athletes and complaining parents about how the athletes are talked to or yelled at. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. Do you say that about the Football Coaches when they are yelling and cussing at the boys? NO...because they are boys and its ok...NO...I have seen a couple of the girls' Varsity games before the new Coach took over and let me tell you, some of those girls' needed an attitude check, needed a Coach not a friend and frankly, they got them! So, either live with how a REAL Coach coaches or get your daughter off the team.
ownup

Lawrenceville, GA

#27 Jan 15, 2011
Family Member wrote:
Ok, so I have to say I am a bit surprised at the last couple of postings about the "new" Coach for the girls' Varsity basketball team. Parents, you gritched and moaned and groaned because the female Coach was NOT coaching during the games and that the Coach was too good a friend's with the girls, and now that you have a REAL COACH, one who hollers at them during a game (that is called coaching), one that makes them practice to their fullest ability (that is called coaching), one who might make them go in after a game and run a little (yep, you guessed it...called coaching), one that takes up their cell phones on the bus before a game (that is called a Coach trying to keep them focused!), and oh my word if someone yells at another persons kid, that is just too harsh. Well, you know what? If that athlete cannot handle being yelled at, GET OFF THE TEAM. I am truly SICK and TIRED of complaining athletes and complaining parents about how the athletes are talked to or yelled at. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. Do you say that about the Football Coaches when they are yelling and cussing at the boys? NO...because they are boys and its ok...NO...I have seen a couple of the girls' Varsity games before the new Coach took over and let me tell you, some of those girls' needed an attitude check, needed a Coach not a friend and frankly, they got them! So, either live with how a REAL Coach coaches or get your daughter off the team.
1. Last couple of postings did not mention new coach!
2. Coach W., enough said!
3. Coach to fulliest ability, not even close!
4. One who might make them run a little after an away game, yea..right!(need to practice more and not run as much; is the problem!)
5. taking up their cell phones on the bus, is for them to stay focused. Only did after a picture was taken of Coach W.(afraid of what else their hiding?)
6. someone else yelling at anothers kid, cant handle it, get off team. Well yelling at a kid is one thing, but negative yelling is another!
7. truly sick and tired, huh! Well....who asked YOU!
8. So, either live with how a REAL Coach coaches or get your daughter off the team. I dont think so!! And still waiting on that Real COACH!
Member of the Team

Seagraves, TX

#28 Jan 15, 2011
First of all, the picture was NOT taken because we wanted to get rid of her, or becaue we ran too much, or because she didn't let us rid home with our parents. It was taken bacause of TEXTING AND DRIVING. The day she ran a stop sign and almost ran into a truck. She risked OUR LIVES. That is the reason the picture was taken. Not because of running because it was taken BEFORE we got home and ran 22 sprints. Second, the issue with them not letting us ride home with our parents is this. Our Athletic Director made the policy "Ride to the gam with the team, Ride home with the team" LAST year (2009-2010) UNLESS you were not going home. And this year, before the tournament this issue occured during, coach W added that we could go with our parents during tournaments. Therefore, some members of the team, with knowledge that we could go with our parents from tournaments, made plans to spend the rest of the day with their families in Lubbock, which if they went home would be an extra 2 to 2 and a half hours of time wasted. Those certan players were angry when our coach went back on her word and said they could not go home with their parents. Wouldn't you be angry?? And of course since we have seen her text every time she drove, our safety was never in good hands as they could be if we were with our parents. Third, our new coach does not take away our phones because of what happened. It is strickly the way he does things. It is so we can get focused on the game, FACT: He allows us to have our phones on the way hom from games. His coaching, his policies. He had nothing to do with what happened and was not even with us that day. Our old coach made the desicion to text and drive, not us and not our new coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seagraves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 11 hr 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Review: Burritos El Rodeo Dec 13 anon 1
Jonathan Marroquin Dec 11 single_gal51 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Huge Drug Bust in Denver City Texas Nov 20 Jason 2
Living Energies - Kevin Allen Oct '14 cactusflowers 1
chrissy jones (Jun '12) Oct '14 unknown 6
Seagraves Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Seagraves People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Seagraves News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seagraves

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]