Seagraves Head Girls Basketball Coach...

Seagraves Head Girls Basketball Coach caught texting while driving bus

Posted in the Seagraves Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SISD 79359

Hobbs, NM

#1 Dec 29, 2010
Is it true the Girls Head Basketball Coach was caught texting while driving the bus? If so, how can this be happening after so much publicity from Extreme Makeover? The school will not allow the parents to take their children with them, from activities such as basketball games, with a written note but the school expects the parents to trust their employee's such as the one texting while driving with the lives of the children??? Another new policy made up in the middle of the year. Students should be allowed to be picked up by a parent or guardian at any given time or place and policies should not be made up by school administrators without going through the School Board!
judgementdayalre ady

Hobbs, NM

#2 Jan 1, 2011
SISD 79359 wrote:
Is it true the Girls Head Basketball Coach was caught texting while driving the bus? If so, how can this be happening after so much publicity from Extreme Makeover? The school will not allow the parents to take their children with them, from activities such as basketball games, with a written note but the school expects the parents to trust their employee's such as the one texting while driving with the lives of the children??? Another new policy made up in the middle of the year. Students should be allowed to be picked up by a parent or guardian at any given time or place and policies should not be made up by school administrators without going through the School Board!
We should not be so quick to judge whatever happened! Know the whole story before accusations are made. A lot worse things has happened in this little town and so far we haven't seen anyone step up to the plate and bat. Don't like it? Run for school board or better yet city council. The school expects to take care of your children even when you don't. How does the school employees know that you are the parent and not some idiot that picks up children and you never see them again. You're child doesn't have a recogition tatoo or a barcode. Some kids are raised by somebody else besides parents and some change on a daily basis. If she did it, she was wrong. If she didn't do it, you're just hanging her out to dry and under the bus. Show compassion instead conviction.
SISD_Parent

United States

#3 Jan 2, 2011
Hey, I've seen the pic. And yes..obvious..she got caught, red handed..
SISD 79359

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2011
There is a picture circulating of her texting while she is driving the bus, do you need more proof than that? What has happened is stupidity and unacceptable! You should not be trying to make up excuses for putting the lives of the children in danger! It is wrong for you to think, running for school board or city council is not going to fix the problems the district is facing (another proven thing that has been tried for years.) Responding with "How does the school employees know that you are the parent and not some idiot that picks up children and you never see them again" is also stupidity on your part because Seagraves is a small town and people know each other. I am a parent and will inform you that there are parents that care about their children. Parents don't receive a paycheck for caring and they also expect for school employees to do their jobs (you are paid by tax payer money!) Whether children change on a daily basis or not, school employees work for those children (a major part of funding is brought in by the children.) Without OUR CHILDREN, school employees would not be receiving a pay check. As for your comment "If she did it, she was wrong. If she didn't do it, you're just hanging her out to dry and under the bus", anyone endangering lives should be subjected to punishment (especially children!) Show compassion? There is no compassion for stupidity!
SISD Parent2

Lubbock, TX

#5 Jan 4, 2011
The girls on the team had told the coach not to text and drive on repeated occasions. Previously she had a smaller phone that she could hide from view while texting. A new phone that she wasn't used to was her undoing - she had to look at it more. After running a stop sign she continued to text. One student was in postition to take a picture of her and sent it to other girls on the team. The picture eventually went from one of those girls wider distribution. Some of the girls that were in that vehicle will be in the Extreme Home Makeover episode. I'm glad it won't be as a statistic.

Thank you lady eagles.
SISD_121

Hobbs, NM

#6 Jan 4, 2011
Almost everyone of y'all should be ashamed.You all know that that 3/5 of y'all text and drive.So stop being hypocritical.This forum could ruin this ladies career.How would you feel if this was you or your family member?Look closer at that picture.She could have been texting before she started to drive.Next time make sure to get the facts.
SISD 79359

Hobbs, NM

#7 Jan 4, 2011
Ashamed? The only one that should be ashamed is her. After all the publicity with Extreme Makeover and the people going out of their way to make a difference and she does this! Yes, I agree, some people text when they drive, but people don't do it while driving a bus full of children. We are not ruining her career, she ruined her own career for doing something stupid! She is a grown woman that knows right from wrong and if it takes this forum, the news, through conversation, whatever, to get the word out and save a life then it is worth more than her career. The facts are that she was texting while she was driving! The children know it and she knows it! Again, quit trying to make excuses for someone's stupidity!
concerned family member

United States

#8 Jan 4, 2011
All I am saying is this...if you are being put under investigation for something you claim you didn't do, then why resign? All the ISD has to do is request her phone records and that would prove her innocence...hmmm...looks like the Coach ruined her OWN reputation. Also, question those girls, look at the picture, it is an open and shut case.
SISD Parent2

United States

#9 Jan 5, 2011
Fact: This was an on going problem every time they went somewhere with the coach driving.

Fact: Previous to the picture (just minutes) she had run a stop sign while texting.

Fact: The bus was NOT stopped when the picture was taken.

Fact: She was responsible for the lives of the girls with her.

Fact: She made the career choice to text while driving.

Fact: The picture was taken only after the coach refused to listen to the girls telling her not to text while driving.

It is interesting to be told to "get the facts" by someone that doesn't know them.
Person on the BUS

Lubbock, TX

#10 Jan 5, 2011
This goes to the people that say she didnt do it! I was on the Bus, took the picture, and witnessed her running the stop sign and almost getting hit by a truck! And yes, i think that it is dumb that they will not let us go with our parents after games with a written note, handed to them by our parents themselves! They have no right to keep us from our parents.
Person ALSO on bus

Lubbock, TX

#11 Jan 5, 2011
Yes, numerous time she was asked to stop texting,but I do not believe she should have resigned.As one of her athletes it made me feel like she gave up on us.I like her she helped me in some of my hardest times.So I see her side also.Why would you want to coach a team that dosen't want you as their coach?Having done stuff i dislike i understand that a job that you do not enjoy is never a good one.We should all understand that EVERYONE makes mistakes, but does that give us the right to criticize her?
Curious

Purcell, OK

#12 Jan 5, 2011
Was she also the elementary coach? How can I see the picture that is circulating?
Person on the BUS

Hobbs, NM

#13 Jan 5, 2011
@ Curious, yes she also coached P.E.

@ person also on the bus, yes everyone does make mistakes, but not texting while driving a bus full of kids. She knows everything that has happened when people text and drive and still chose to do it. We didnt make her resign she did it on her own. And the sad thing about it was that she didnt even tell us, she just didnt show up the next day to our game.
SISD teacher

Tyler, TX

#14 Jan 5, 2011
I do not know the coach personally, but I know she presented her phone records to the district and it proves she's not guilty. She's simply the victim of false accusations and incriminating pictures that LOOKED like she was texting. Let's not be so quick to accuse and judge.....
concerned family member

United States

#15 Jan 5, 2011
SISD teacher wrote:
I do not know the coach personally, but I know she presented her phone records to the district and it proves she's not guilty. She's simply the victim of false accusations and incriminating pictures that LOOKED like she was texting. Let's not be so quick to accuse and judge.....
I'm sorry but I have a HARD time believing that this Coach handed over her cell phone records. Some of those girls that were on the bus are Friends with that former Coach and they were honest and said Yes, she was texting and has text everytime they had been on the bus with her driving.
SISD_Parent

United States

#16 Jan 5, 2011
SISD teacher wrote:
I do not know the coach personally, but I know she presented her phone records to the district and it proves she's not guilty. She's simply the victim of false accusations and incriminating pictures that LOOKED like she was texting. Let's not be so quick to accuse and judge.....
So....what you are saying, is that the girls varsity basketball team, are liars?
SISD_Parent

United States

#17 Jan 5, 2011
SISD_121 wrote:
Almost everyone of y'all should be ashamed.You all know that that 3/5 of y'all text and drive.So stop being hypocritical.This forum could ruin this ladies career.How would you feel if this was you or your family member?Look closer at that picture.She could have been texting before she started to drive.Next time make sure to get the facts.
hypocrit!! How would you like it, if your daughter was on the bus and the coaches kept you as a parent from taking her home with you and then find out later that night, that she has been in an accident, due to the coach texting while driving. What then? Think about that, before you defend something that is wrong!(Witness of 13 girls...facts? Ask the TEAM!!)
Sprint Representative

Mission, KS

#18 Jan 6, 2011
SISD teacher wrote:
I do not know the coach personally, but I know she presented her phone records to the district and it proves she's not guilty. She's simply the victim of false accusations and incriminating pictures that LOOKED like she was texting. Let's not be so quick to accuse and judge.....
Presenting a Phone record merely presents the record of phone conversations, not texts. The only time that a record of texting is given out is if it is court ordered by a Judge...So, this Coach, or former Coach, did not present anything but her call log.
Really

Amarillo, TX

#19 Jan 7, 2011
Ok, Whether it did or didn't happen doesn't really matter anymore. The school did what they had to, the coach resigned, for more reasons than all know, and everyone has moved on. The entire situation is upsetting, but just let it go. Does it really matter about phone records? Does it really matter if it honestly happened or not? My point being the entire situation is done with and has been resolved. Lesson learned.
Fully informed

Dallas, TX

#20 Jan 7, 2011
Yes you can see exact times and recipients of texts on phone records. And yes it is easy to see if she was truthful.
I want all who will hear to hear that this was not the first time the girls have tried to get rid of the coach. She was placed on leave as soon as reports reached the school officials. She and her family decided she should resign, rather than continue to deal with the continuous attacks by some of the players and their parents.
Parent notes are required for the liability of the school. The girls are allowed to ride home with parents after games and they know the steps to take in order to arrange it. The problem is when girls are mad after a game and tell the school they don't want to ride home with the team and they are going with their family member but will not simply follow the steps necessary. Step 1 talk to coach with parent (politely) Step 2 write a note to give coach and say see you later, have a great day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seagraves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denver City Music Forum (Mar '13) Jun 29 Musikologist 11
News Texas man dead after brake drum smashes through... (Oct '14) Dec '16 Bruce California 2
Women (Nov '16) Nov '16 pipeliner 1
Kimberly mcClemore? (Apr '16) Nov '16 Just checking 3
Stabbing (Oct '16) Oct '16 Bfab 1
Coach Jamie Humpheries (Jul '16) Jul '16 Joe 1
what's up with all the mexicans dating blacks i... (Jun '16) Jun '16 paco 1

Seagraves Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seagraves Mortgages